PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe what Tommy Sheridan said in court?

crayola
07-Aug-06, 01:58
We haven't had a poll for a long time.

Do you believe what Tommy Sheridan said in court?

changilass
07-Aug-06, 03:54
Doesn't really matter what we believe, the legal system believed him and that is what matters in this country[disgust]

golach
07-Aug-06, 09:24
Of course I believe him......he is a man, never trust a woman, especially witches[lol]

pultneytooner
07-Aug-06, 12:08
Who really cares what tommy sheridan does.

j4bberw0ck
07-Aug-06, 15:37
Anyone who has to deliver ice cubes before they melt? For his drink, naturally. [lol]

pultneytooner
07-Aug-06, 15:59
Anyone who has to deliver ice cubes before they melt? For his drink, naturally. [lol]
Well there is that I suppose.......[lol]

_Ju_
07-Aug-06, 17:17
Doesn't really matter what we believe, the legal system believed him and that is what matters in this country[disgust]

Oh, now there I have to disagree with you! What you believe and how you act on what you believe is of extreme importance to any politician, especially to him. Like a bad egg he will pop up on the political surface again and put a spin on this trial and its (first) result. What each voter believes will determine how far he gets.

The legal decision is of consequence only to newspapers publishing stories and only if it is upheld..... hopefully it won't be.

DrSzin
07-Aug-06, 19:14
Judging by the current state of the poll, Tommy was lucky his case wasn't heard in Caithness!

I walked past the Court of Session after the Festival Cavalcade yesterday afternoon. Parliament Square was crowded and an accomplished street performer with a larger-than-life personality entertained a large attentive audience. So it wasn't very different from the entertainment provided in that same spot exactly two days previously (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/5246764.stm). :cool:

willowbankbear
07-Aug-06, 23:11
Wish it was heard in Caithness, this chancer wouldnt have got away with his speil of nonsense here, the truth wouldve surfaced

Tata Tommy the chancer, ye just know tangoman is the 1 ye`d all love to punch but are afraid to say it, just like Joke Mcconnell, isnt he?

canuck
08-Aug-06, 02:21
willowbankbear, great to see that you are home again. You have missed some good light fun and some serious discussions. I am sure that you will catch up quickly. And you must check out the new chat room.

crayola
09-Aug-06, 01:07
Jeepers, I didn't expect such a clear cut vote amongst those who care.

For the record, I couldn't bring myself to trust him and I voted no too.

BLACK DOG
09-Aug-06, 01:17
Did the result surprise you ?
After all he is a politician!

In one interview he stated that he nor his wife drank.
The following day in the papers they were pictured at home in front of a well stocked bar.
Am I being cynical?

PS How do you know when a politician is lying?

"Their lips move"

Cedric Farthsbottom III
09-Aug-06, 01:22
Is he guilty .......the jury says No.

I think he is a guy wi' values,cos he went to jail for not payin' his poll tax,where the rest of us did,but moaned aboot payin' it.

I think there is more to the story than is told.But look into every politician and a story will be told.Its just not been heard.....yet?:lol:

BLACK DOG
09-Aug-06, 01:37
Yes he went to jail for non payment of Poll Tax but was this not to endear him to those people in the "schemes" of Glasgow and secure their vote. This was nothing more than another one of his publicity stunts.
How many people had to undergo the indignity of warrant sales or sheriff officers intrusions and genuinely suffered?

Oddquine
09-Aug-06, 16:29
Yes he went to jail for non payment of Poll Tax but was this not to endear him to those people in the "schemes" of Glasgow and secure their vote. This was nothing more than another one of his publicity stunts.
How many people had to undergo the indignity of warrant sales or sheriff officers intrusions and genuinely suffered?

And, regardless of how easy you think prison is..........you'd have been prepared to go there to uphold your principles?

I didn't pay my poll-tax...but rather than suffer the eventual consequences........when the threats started, I did pay the sheriff officers reluctantly, and at very small monthly payments.........but I paid.

Wasn't Tommy Sheridan instrumental in trying to get the Warrant Sales by Councils better controlled in Scotland.

Whether he should or shouldn't have won his defamation case..........he is one of the very very few politicians in Scotland..no, make that the UK......who actually puts his money where his mouth is!

And, no........I have never voted SSP.........and never will........but I do recognise someone who is prepared to back up his opinions when I see them.

percy toboggan
09-Aug-06, 22:05
I'm disinclined to believe anyone with a hairy back.
That's based on sheer personal prejudice though and should be taken at face value.

_Ju_
09-Aug-06, 22:10
Percy, dare we ask how you viewed this particular hirsute lombar region??? ;) You seem to speak with such authority.........Don't tell me you were (yet another) uncalled witness to Sheridans dubious behavior???? :lol: ( Just a joke....OK?)

percy toboggan
09-Aug-06, 22:21
Percy, dare we ask how you viewed this particular hirsute lombar region??? ;) You seem to speak with such authority.........Don't tell me you were (yet another) uncalled witness to Sheridans dubious behavior???? :lol: ( Just a joke....OK?)

Didn't he own up to this dubious distinction in court?
I remember contrasting his soon to be folically challenged head, and musing just why pubic and body hair does not fall out with age, rather taking on the appearance of grey wire, the texture of a well used brillo pad. Eww. Enough said I think.