PDA

View Full Version : Raptors

Kenn
11-Nov-10, 18:16
Is it just me or do there seem to more of them about?
Seems like there's a buzzard on every twentieth pole/post, seeing hen harriers,kestrels,sparrow hawks in greater numbers than I usually expect.

ducati
11-Nov-10, 20:19
Is it just me or do there seem to more of them about?
Seems like there's a buzzard on every twentieth pole/post, seeing hen harriers,kestrels,sparrow hawks in greater numbers than I usually expect.

Rock Eagle, Rock Eagle! :roll:

Kenn
12-Nov-10, 01:37
Lesser Caithness Eagle please...they are a sub species.

ducati
13-Nov-10, 00:38
Lesser Caithness Eagle please...they are a sub species.

Oops! Forgot.

I see Hen Harriers much more than I used to and Sparrow Hawks too. Kestrels have always been pretty common where I live and Lesser Caithness Eagles, as you would expect are wheeling about in a magnificent fashion all over the place (and definately not sitting on posts waiting for something to die) :mad:

Kevin Milkins
13-Nov-10, 12:22
I went down to Reiss beech last night to get away from light pollution and hoped to get a sighting of the Northern Lights.

On the last stretch down to the golf club, a Barn Owl was sat proud on a fence post and allowed me to stop quiet close and observe it for a while before flying off and showing what an even more beautiful bird it is when in flight.

I didn't get to see the Northern lights, but came home feeling much less than disappointed

dafi
13-Nov-10, 14:30
Oh Kevin i would willingly trade the lights for a barn owl!!!