PDA

View Full Version : New Site.

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 19:35
This is a new site naming and shaming perverts in the UK...

Here's something about the Highlands there is more if you explore the site.

http://www.chris-uk.org/category/highlands

lexie
10-Nov-10, 19:58
The website cannot display the page

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 19:59
Try this....

http://www.chris-uk.org/

It gets pretty busy and is very new so they may have the odd problem, however the basic idea is that Chriss the main person involved in this has set up the site naming and shaming perverts across the UK.

Now you can check out an area to see if there is one near you, he is adding to it daily and is asking for people to let him know about people he may of missed.

The Police are not happy with him.

Commore
10-Nov-10, 20:02
This is a new site naming and shaming perverts in the UK...

Here's something about the Highlands there is more if you explore the site.

http://www.chris-uk.org/category/highlands

Link ain't working.:D

teddybear1873
10-Nov-10, 20:03
Link ain't working.:D

My webpage freezes up on it. IE or Firefox.

annemarie482
10-Nov-10, 20:06
it worked when you first put it up as i got on it but not now.
many its been removed for its content?

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 20:10
I think its because its such a new site its only been up and running for one day. They are still having teething problems. Maybe I was over keen in putting it up it may of been better to wait a bit till they had it all sorted.

I apologize.

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 20:40
http://swns.com/paedophile-naming-website-gets-100000-hits-in-first-day-101303.html

This should bring up a little more info about him, he also has a facebook page.

ducati
10-Nov-10, 20:52
This sounds like a recipe for disaster. I presume everyone on the list is fully verified (by who?) and there is no chance of someone being named by mistake? or maliciously?

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 20:59
From what I have read he checks everything out himself, he cross ref with police files and court records and addresses.

manloveswife
10-Nov-10, 21:11
I don't think these sort of sites can be the way forward, the police have always been concerned that this sort of thing drives these people underground, dissapearing without updating those who are supposed to monitor them.

Whilst something does need to be done, and as a father I would happily see the offending parts of anyone who abuses kids cut off, I dont think this is wise. This can incite mobs to the street, taking the law into their own hands, and the innocent can get hurt. After Sarah Payne there was a fair bit of vigilante activity, and this led to cases such as a lady PAEDIATRITION and her family being forced from their home which had been vandalised and daubed with PAEDO grafiti.

I can see the potential benefit if this information was used properly, and the vast majority of law abiding people would use it for the best, but I can't believe this person believes this information won't be misused by bunches of thugs and crusaders who like nothing better than an excuse to wreak havoc.

This is not an official site, just one mans crusade, I can't believe he does not think this will lead to bloodshed, the problem is the blood will be on his hands, and it may be the blood of an innocent.

Walter Ego
10-Nov-10, 21:25
From what I have read he checks everything out himself, he cross ref with police files and court records and addresses.

From what you have read?

Jesus Christ, this is peoples' lives we are talking about!

Prove your 'sources' to be 100% legitimate.

theone
10-Nov-10, 21:26
I haven't been on the site but I think it could be dangerous.

This type of thing encourages "mob justice" which, in my opinion, is worse than the stonings we see in Iran etc. At least these people are tried and sentenced in a recognised court.

As "manloveswife" points out the mob might wrongly identify someone or even drive a genuine sex offender into hiding, where they can't be monitored.

rich62_uk
10-Nov-10, 21:33
Calm down Walter ! Its not up to me to prove anything I am just sharing information about a site its up to the sites owner to prove things not me. :)

joxville
10-Nov-10, 23:12
As much as I believe we need to be better informed of peadophiles living near our kids, without official backing I fear this site may give rise to misinformed vigilante mobs, which happened in the past when a national newspaper printed the wrong info.

Fran
11-Nov-10, 02:48
I have just read the site and i am surprised it is allowed, especially with showing photoes of the sex offenders. I notice all the ones in caithness are not on there!

annemarie482
11-Nov-10, 09:00
not true fran, type caithness in the search box and up they appear......

RecQuery
11-Nov-10, 12:18
I've always wondered why no media outlet or website publishes a list of people convicted of robbery etc. It makes as much sense as these lists, I'd like to know if some guy in my street is a convicted burglar, for my own safety; I mean they may break in and steal my stuff.

I hate the sex offenders list in that there's no differentiation in levels. Someone can be put on it for streaking as a example.

I'm opposed to the idea of mob justice with people crying 'won't someone think of the children' - that way lies madness. The law should be cold and impartial.

_Ju_
11-Nov-10, 13:11
Mob violence is about revenge. Justice is about punishment.

This kind of site will lead to someone inoccent being attacked.

ducati
11-Nov-10, 13:23
I'd like to know who owns guns, so I know who not to annoy!

John Little
11-Nov-10, 13:49
Kangaroo court of vigilante opinion is now up and running.

Which way to the lynchin' ?

RecQuery
11-Nov-10, 14:53

To the hospital! seems they've mistaken a paediatrician for a paedophile.

dafi
11-Nov-10, 15:25

Your quite right there John.

Lets all get our pichforks and torches!!

Metalattakk
11-Nov-10, 16:34
I'd like to know who owns guns, so I know who not to annoy!

Maybe it's best to assume that everyone has a gun, just to be on the safe side. ;)

teddybear1873
11-Nov-10, 16:41
http://services.sled.sc.gov/sor/

Above website for sex offenders in my area. Not sure if it can be accessed in the UK.

Zipcode for my area is 29483 if orgers wants to see a goverment run website for sex offenders.

John Little
11-Nov-10, 17:13
Look out all you paedagogues! We're a comin' to get ya!

ducati
11-Nov-10, 17:13
Maybe it's best to assume that everyone has a gun, just to be on the safe side. ;)

What? Everyone but me? No wonder I'm paranoid [para]

ducati
11-Nov-10, 17:14
Look out all you paedagogues! We're a comin' to get ya!

Yes, fancy letting them work with children. [lol]

Metalattakk
11-Nov-10, 18:25
What? Everyone but me? No wonder I'm paranoid [para]

Excellent!

People I can annoy safely:

Ducati.

People I can't annoy safely:

Everyone else.

:D

bt total broadband
13-Nov-10, 21:02
im all for this site i have one in my area and it isnt nice. they are protected by the police and can walk about,but no one stops to think of the kids and what its done to them.my kids lived 2 doors away from him and he looked on to a school,my kids were the ones that couldnt go out to play in the garden. they make me sick.they deserve all they get

changilass
13-Nov-10, 21:08
Try to remember that a registered sex offender is simply someone who has been caught!!

Lists like this can give a false sense of security.

Knowing you have a sex offender 2 doors down shouldn't make a difference to how you live, kids should be safeguarded without smothering them.

Instead of spending time on sites like this, use the time to teach your kids about dangers and saying NO, hopefully they will then have the tools to deal if something should go wrong.

Most sex offenders are known to kids already.

bt total broadband
13-Nov-10, 22:20
Try to remember that a registered sex offender is simply someone who has been caught!!

Lists like this can give a false sense of security.

Knowing you have a sex offender 2 doors down shouldn't make a difference to how you live, kids should be safeguarded without smothering them.

Instead of spending time on sites like this, use the time to teach your kids about dangers and saying NO, hopefully they will then have the tools to deal if something should go wrong.

Most sex offenders are known to kids already.if only i had known this then my kids would not have lived there instead it was too late for my kids who suffered at his filthy hands,so dont say it shouldnt make a difference to the way we live.unless you have been effected by this you will never understand,trying looking at it from my point now.

theone
14-Nov-10, 03:38
if only i had known this then my kids would not have lived there instead it was too late for my kids who suffered at his filthy hands,so dont say it shouldnt make a difference to the way we live.unless you have been effected by this you will never understand,trying looking at it from my point now.

Even if I can't feel it, I can understand the reason for your pain.

But is the person who mistreated your kids on this list?

Metalattakk
14-Nov-10, 06:07
But is the person who mistreated your kids on this list?

I don't think that this is a question that should be asked, or answered.

bt total broadband
14-Nov-10, 10:49
Even if I can't feel it, I can understand the reason for your pain.

But is the person who mistreated your kids on this list?im not sure if his name is on this list as i cant get onto it,but it will be added if i can contact the person who has set up the site

RecQuery
15-Nov-10, 11:01
Facetious though my point was, it got me thinking. Why don't we have lists for other crimes. I can use the same rational people use to justify a list of sex offenders.