PDA

View Full Version : Quiz

Big N Rich
07-Nov-10, 16:49
So who organises the quiz since there hasn't been one since August.

Is there going to be one soon?

Scunner
07-Nov-10, 18:09
go do one for tonight and maybe some of us will come and try

goldenguernsey
07-Nov-10, 19:55
who's up for a quiz then?

golach
09-Nov-10, 20:12
I am goldenguernsey, when?

htwood
15-Nov-10, 04:48
I'm up for a quiz GG, how about next sunday the 21st.

cecile
15-Nov-10, 10:30
hi all

what would that quizz be about? and where?
cheers
cecile

laguna2
18-Nov-10, 08:36
hi all

what would that quizz be about? and where?
cheers
cecile

Usually 20 questions on General Knowledge and held in Flashchat.

The object of the quiz USED TO BE to win, but the rules were changed so I don't know what they will be this time.

Used to be great fun

Big N Rich
18-Nov-10, 14:21
A few points I would like to make as a newcomer.

I see no one has yet answered my original question as to who organises the quiz.
Who is the quiz master? Maybe this is how the quiz fell apart if you cant answer a simple question :lol:.

You all say your interested in a quiz yet you haven't organised one yet.

Laguna2 - I would think it logical for the object to be to win. Only a numpty would change those rules, why play to loose?

golach
18-Nov-10, 16:02
Laguna2 - I would think it logical for the object to be to win. Only a numpty would change those rules, why play to loose?

This was done as a laugh, to stop the persistent Googlers winning each week, have you never seen Pointless on TV, the team with the lowest score wins, simple, any numpty can see that [lol]

Nobody runs/organises the quizzes, they just happen, usually on a Sunday evening around 20:30 UK time, as we have international participants.
20 general knowledge questions is the norm, and the winner each week takes over the mantle of quizmaster for the following week. The quizmaster sets the rules and his or her word is final
If you want to be the next quizmaster, go ahead

Big N Rich
18-Nov-10, 16:30
This was done as a laugh, to stop the persistent Googlers winning each week, have you never seen Pointless on TV, the team with the lowest score wins, simple, any numpty can see that [lol]

Nobody runs/organises the quizzes, they just happen, usually on a Sunday evening around 20:30 UK time, as we have international participants.
20 general knowledge questions is the norm, and the winner each week takes over the mantle of quizmaster for the following week. The quizmaster sets the rules and his or her word is final
If you want to be the next quizmaster, go ahead

ah so your the numpty who changed the rules

golach
18-Nov-10, 17:49
ah so your the numpty who changed the rules

I could be, but as I am rarely available for quizzes on Sundays, I have no say in the matter, nor wish to have.

Invisible
18-Nov-10, 18:04
BnR the reason the quiz fell (in my opinion) was because of the unstable chat room (which I believe is fixed now).

The rules were changed and it was never the same. I used to enjoy the quiz but I lost patience (when I was quizzie) with users who would give stupid answers or not attempt to even give the quiz a go and treat the quiz like a joke.

Gollach bring up a fair point about not being able to available to attend on a Sunday evenings. But its quizzie discretion as to when the quiz would be, traditionally a Sunday.

Hope you want to be quizzie one week and that I have not discouraged you too much

golach
18-Nov-10, 19:37
Gollach bring up a fair point about not being able to available to attend on a Sunday evenings.

Just a wee point renegrade ooops invisible, I am the one "L" ed golach [disgust]

Invisible
18-Nov-10, 20:43
Just a wee point renegrade ooops invisible, I am the one "L" ed golach [disgust]

right golach I have had it with you!:roll: Its immature and you should know better. So what if use another forum and am under a different username, where people accept and are happy to hear what I say.
You've tried this joke one too many times

goldenguernsey
18-Nov-10, 23:41
I'm up for a quiz GG, how about next sunday the 21st.

OK, the 21st it is, 8.30 for anyone interested

Kenn
19-Nov-10, 01:04
Will be there goldenguernsey.

goldenguernsey
21-Nov-10, 21:09
anyone coming to the quiz tonight?

goldenguernsey
21-Nov-10, 23:49
thanks to all who attended the quiz tonight, a good crowd and a good crack, thanks again to all who came in

Kenn
22-Nov-10, 01:24
Good quiz with great banter lass.