PDA

View Full Version : Power Point transfer

scaraben
05-Nov-10, 11:46
I have a collection of Power point presentations. What I'd like to be able to do is :

Cut and paste the icon into my Removable disk (F) and then take the "stick" and plug it into my Kodak Picture frame viewer in order that I can show it to my elderly sister-in-law. I TRIED THIS BUT IT DON'T WORK !!!!

Any suggestions ( I don't have a lap top ) how I might capture these pics. on the power point presentation ? I note I can't do "Save as"

Bobinovich
05-Nov-10, 14:24
You could screen capture a frame (Alt + PrtScr) then paste (Ctrl + C) it into Paint (or similar), crop the image (if necessary), and save it as a JPG file, repeating for each frame of the presentation. If you want them to show in order on the photo frame then name them 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg, etc.

IT CAD Master
05-Nov-10, 17:53
Firstly which version of Power Point are you using?

Depending the version you can load the presentation into PP, click on SaveAS, on the Save As Type, Look down the list to find JPEG.

When you select this option you should be informed, Do you want to Export every Slide or just the current one, if you more than more the Select Every Slide.

If for any reason you do not have this option Please contact me, and send the file to me and I will convert it for you

Kind Regards

ICM

dx100uk
06-Nov-10, 03:13
all PP versions have export to JPG for slides from frames

if not there are plenty of website that can do it for free

just use a search engine

dx

scaraben
09-Nov-10, 12:24
Well what can I say, three Knights in shining armour rushed to my aid !!! Thats what I admire about this forum, there are always people willing to give of their time to help. So THANK YOU Bobinovich, IT Cad Master & my good friend DX100 UK
I should have said that the Power point presentations I was referring to were those I RECEIVED hence I don't know what version was used. The Print Screen suggestion would be a long laborious process when I'm trying to capture 28 pictures ! When I click "Save as" & then "Save as type" I don't get Jpeg, just Microsoft Power point 3 times ! I managed to get the pictures on to a Word document, but alas when I then tried to download on to a transfer stick and put it into my Picture Frame all I got was an ICON !! ........ However the stick DOES have the Pictures as it will load the 28 Icons on to my PC which I am able to open one at a time. Regarding DX100's advice "All PP versions have a export to Jpeg" well I can't find it !!
"there are plenty websites that can do it for free" ........ I wasn't able to find that solution either. Meantime I will put my project of getting some of the Power point presentations sent to me on a stick and on to my portable Picture viewer to take across town to an interested house-bound lady ON HOLD ! never the less thank you all for your input.

IT CAD Master
09-Nov-10, 18:24
If you send me those PowerPoint files I will convert to JPeg files for you, that is for FREE, GRATIS, NO CHARGE.

This is for the benefit of those that think all tech bods charge people for a simple task.

This is an offer of helping hand straight away

Regards

ICM

dx100uk
09-Nov-10, 20:54
to right
i'd do it for free too

whats the point in charging

here to help not rip off

dx

scaraben
10-Nov-10, 13:30
I,m certainly grateful to guys like yourselves for being so willing to help. I seem to be doing OK for a time, coping with the various complexities of my computer, then I come across what ( on the face of it, and by what you tell me ) is a simple task and I find that changing a file type becomes "the little reef upon which my know-how has foundered" !!!