PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam??(again)

linedancer1
03-Nov-10, 14:27
Had a lady on the phone this morning asking me to turn on my computer and she would take me through a few steps to get rid of the virus's that were there!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO. Her name was Jennifer and she kept calling me ma am, surprise, surprise, the number was withheld as well, not sure about this but said no to be on the safe side, aqnyone else out there had the same???????:mad:

Liz
03-Nov-10, 14:43
I haven't had a call like this but you definitely did the right thing by not doing what she said as definitely a scam.[evil]

welsh-witch
03-Nov-10, 15:00
ive had a couple of calls like this in recent weeks n i tell them no, n put the phone down, again like your caller, witheld the number, its a foreighn man i get though:confused

linedancer1
03-Nov-10, 15:51
It was a foreign sounding lady I had this morning, din't sound much like a Jennifer!!!

teddybear1873
03-Nov-10, 16:01
It was a foreign sounding lady I had this morning, din't sound much like a Jennifer!!!

More like Jaffar.

Xposin
03-Nov-10, 16:47
yeah i had this a few weeks ago, said they were calling from "windows" (lol) so i just played along for a minute or 2, then told them i didnt have a computer. lol

annemarie482
03-Nov-10, 20:43
of course its a scam,
if you dont enquire to remove viruses, dont accept phone calls on how to remove them.

same as if you recieve a phonecall saying you've "won" something.
if you aint entered, you aint won! :lol::roll:

findam
03-Nov-10, 20:56
I had a call like that yesterday, told the man that if i had a problem wouldn't i phone my internet provider, if he was genuine to speak to his line manager he more or less took the phone away from his ear and put it back to til pertening to be a manager, told him to jump and if phoned again id have the line traced, they hung up.

Scunner
03-Nov-10, 22:04
Woman phoned today, for a change, usually a man, same old story, really fed up with them now, so told them to 'clear off' .

welsh-witch
03-Nov-10, 22:58
i had another one today, so i told them in an un-lady like fashion to bog off or i'd call the police, and that was the end of that story:Razz

M R
03-Nov-10, 23:11
Hope they phone me, i need to let off some steam