PDA

View Full Version : Wick Music Festival - This Saturday

wick-festival
03-Aug-06, 19:54
Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you know about the Music Festival in Wick this weekend.

When: Saturday 5th August

Where: Wick Riverside (to the right of safeway on the field where the side shows are)

What: Music Festival! 15 bands playing from 2pm until 1am playing lots of different kinds of music from Rock to Pop, Country to Folk

Price: £5 adults £3 kids - all day ticket, and still cheaper than most nightclubs!

As well as the bands there will be lots to eat and drink - the usual, burgers, hotdogs & soup kind of fayre, and for drinks we have beers, wines & spirits, not forgetting soft drinks of course. We're trying to make money for charity but the drinks will be priced as cheap as we can get away with so that we can all have a good day!

For the kids, we have an assortment of fair ground rides, bouncy castle and candy floss. For the adults, we have beer, and lots of it!

The bands playing are:
After Hours
All Stitched up
Astronot
Clapshot
Estrella
High Voltage
Outlanders
Plastic Food
Redic
Road to Nowhere
Stevie Taylor Band
Under Age
White Noize

I've left out the two unconfirmed bands. Doing this from memory so please forgive any mistakes, and I'll double check and edit later. I'll also post again with all the times, so that you don't miss your favourite band.

We've also got backing tracks lined up for a couple of solo singers mid-evening, and if we under-run, there will be time for some outdoor, legless style karaoke... just to break the ice, so cross your fingers, and for the sake of your ears hope that we don't under-run!

Whether you're in Thurso at the gala (http://www.thurso.org), Mey at the games (http://www.visitscotland.com/sitewide/hg_highlands_2006), or Wick at the festival (http://caithness.org/wickmusicfest1.jpg) here's hoping the weather holds up and everyone has a great day. Don't forget that we're on from 2pm until 1am, so if you are doing something else during the day, pop along to see us at night or vice-verca!

Every single penny is going to help build a Memorial Garden at Bank Row, Wick, so please come and support us and have a great day.. Bring a blanket, grab a spot and make a day of it!

Special thanks to our sponsors, AJG Parcels (http://www.ajgparcels.com) (sponsoring the TV adverts), Homebase (http://www.homebase.co.uk)(sponsoring the refreshments), and MM Miller (http://www.mm-miller.com) (sponsoring the stage design & build).

Thanks very much :cool:

Patsy
03-Aug-06, 23:21
Wow, ta for that :D Was looking for more info!

Pepsi
04-Aug-06, 10:41
This looks a really good event - the money raised is for the Memorial Garden in Bank row so a very good local charity.

So much effort gone into this so hope they get a good turn out - Lets all dress up warm and go along, good to see so many local bands taking part as well. Belladrum £60 next weekend so £5 very good value.:Razz

candyfloss
04-Aug-06, 10:54
I quite fancy taking the kids down to the " big gig " tomorrow should be a good day, even better if we get some good weather :) And its for a very good cause
Anyone else planning to go ?

erli
04-Aug-06, 11:49
Yeah , I think I will take my lot along too. It's one of the kids birthdays tomorrow so this should be a good day out for them.

Moonboots
04-Aug-06, 11:59
I quite fancy taking the kids down to the " big gig " tomorrow.

The Big Gig is in Thurso next sunday the 13th.

The Wick Festival is on this Saturday at the Riverside.

Elenna
04-Aug-06, 17:59
Yes, we will likely be down to Riverside for the Music Festival tomorrow. Saltire is helping out for most of the day, and the kids and I shall wander down as soon as Saturday chores are done.

Gogglebox
04-Aug-06, 21:49
Good Luck to the Organisers of the Wick Music festival from the organisers of THE BIG GIG in Thurso

Imagine how much you would pay for that much music at Tin the Park an old fivers nowt really

Its about 8 quid to go to a local nightclub for a couple of hours

GET OUT AND SUPPORT IT AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

COme to Thurso next Sunday and see some of the bands again plus some different ones

BEST WISHES AND I HOPE YOUR CHARITY BENEFITS GREATLY

Cocoa
04-Aug-06, 22:11
Yes, this kind of local charity event needs to be supported and I'm thinking of going too. If it rains, I'll be the one camped out in a tent!!!!!!!!!!!! [lol]

connieb19
04-Aug-06, 23:49
Yes, this kind of local charity event needs to be supported and I'm thinking of going too. If it rains, I'll be the one camped out in a tent!!!!!!!!!!!! [lol]The Beer Tent's probably the best place to be..lol;)

wick-festival
05-Aug-06, 08:00
Morning everyone!

We're on our way to setup... no rain so far, so keep your fingers and toes crossed for a good day.

We welcomed the fair ground late last night, and thankfully we managed to secure a proper fair - and slightly different to what we're used to around here too.

It's here complete with kiddy rides, waltzer and one of those simulators that make you feel like you're in space or on a big rollercoaster.

I also didn't mention about a coach to get people back from Thurso - it should be booked however will double confirm, as they were a bit unsure - if so, there will be coaches going back to Thurso at 11pm and 1am, if not - bring a tent!

Whatever you do, have a great day.

x

celtic 302
05-Aug-06, 09:04
was planin on goin down, but listenin to bands for 11 hours just isnt my thing.... i was wonderin if u went down for a couple of hours then left, would u ahve to pay ot get back in??? any1 know?

Jeid
05-Aug-06, 09:41
Hope to see you there tonight folks. We'll be hitting the stage sometime around 10pm.

peedie
05-Aug-06, 09:51
weather so far is looking good, really hope it holds out for you!! i'm going to go in a look.

Elenna
05-Aug-06, 11:06
Is there a programme someplace with the times the different bands are due to play? Sorry if its someplace glaringly obvious and I've missed it, but I've looked on all the links I can find.

wick-festival
05-Aug-06, 17:40
Is there a programme someplace with the times the different bands are due to play? Sorry if its someplace glaringly obvious and I've missed it, but I've looked on all the links I can find.

Programme is on the gate. Will have one posted here.

To answer the question above, you can come and go freely as you are stamped on the way in.

bosco
16-Aug-06, 13:36
I take it wick festival was in that park next to somerfield,as i was in that said park on thurs 10th aug with my two kids, i thought it was a disgrace all the broken glass that was in the park. i thought the council would have inspected the park the day they all moved off. If my daughter had fell and cut her self badly who would be responsible ?