PDA

View Full Version : Sinner or saint?

Saveman
03-Aug-06, 15:52
Madonna's up to her old tricks again, she certainly knows how to get publicity:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5242638.stm

Should she be condemned or does "freedom of speech" allow for religious imagery in an artistic context?

badger
03-Aug-06, 18:02
Maybe she's just getting desperate and will do absolutely anything for publicity. Religious connection or not, she obviously knows nothing about the real torture of crucifixion - a long agonising death. Now if she had done it with thorns pushed into her head and nails in her hands and feet - that would be a real statement of her desire to help AIDS victims.

Rheghead
03-Aug-06, 18:12
Should she be condemned or does "freedom of speech" allow for religious imagery in an artistic context?

If the old composers were alive today then they would jump at the chance to have their hymns put on video for religious propaganda purposes. But one man's video classic is another's video nasty, no one will be satisfied and there will always be allegations of heresy from someone.

I haven't seen any religious imagery from Madonna, I gave up on her a long time ago. But I do know this, if you don't like something, then don't watch or listen to it. It is more offensive for people to put up with self-appointed guardians of pseudo-morality who try to impose their sense of religious respect onto others.

pultneytooner
03-Aug-06, 18:14
Will they burn her at the stake....[lol]