PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top Problem

Hoida
01-Nov-10, 11:43
My lap top has beeen acting up for some time now and has completely died this morning I can't even get it to turn on. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to computers and as long a sthey are working ok I am happy. Can anyone recommend someone who could look at it for me in the Thurso area please. I should say the adapter seems to be overheating.

dx100uk
02-Nov-10, 01:28
if you have no indication on the laptop that you have connected the power pack and plugged it in, i bet the lead is faulty and twisted around inside
[the lead that runs from the power pack to the laptop]

time to buy a replacement one from ebay or alike

dx

Hoida
03-Nov-10, 18:35
Thanks for all your help have decided to buy a new laptop.:roll:

dx100uk
04-Nov-10, 02:25
no buy a new power supply
much cheaper!

dx

Bobinovich
04-Nov-10, 10:44
DX: The laptop was bought into me and the PSU tested fine - the unit did spring into life for no obvious reason - I thought possibly a faulty switch or possibly a fault in the internal power socket. However it appears to be an intermittent hardware fault which, as you know, is one of the worst things to try and diagnose. Hoida just felt a new laptop would be the best option.

dx100uk
04-Nov-10, 12:42
well done bob

wasn't aware

dx

IT CAD Master
04-Nov-10, 21:33
Over the years I have worked with a number of different brands of Laptops & desktop Computers.

You did not supply the brand or model of Laptop, but you could try this one thing if you not already

Remove the battery form the laptop and plug into the mains and see if it powers this laptop on

Regards

ICM

Bobinovich
04-Nov-10, 23:53
ITCM: That was tried also & the problem was intermittent both with & without the battery in place