PDA

View Full Version : Wick Academy info please

Chrisf1961
24-Oct-10, 14:20
Im living in Wick and looking to pop down to the ground at the next home game (think its Fort William next month).Ive had a look at the clubs website just wondering whats the admittance price and i presume the games kick off on a Saturday at 3pm?
Is there any where on the ground for refreshments or for a drink in a club house after the match?
Now its possibly i might have to disguise myself to get in as im English! So that might be a challenge !
Thanks for looking

wickscorrie
24-Oct-10, 19:09
Hi the admission is £6 for adults and there is a tea hut at the ground for your pies sausage rolls teas etc.They have a boardroom but this is only for Club Officials and the people that Sponsor the games they play in the Scottish Highland Football League. Hope this is off some help to you.

Chrisf1961
24-Oct-10, 19:50
Mich appreciated on the info,miss the old footy tbh im sick of seeing so many con artists/overpaid plonkers on the old tv i think i will change my watching habbits back to non league.
How well are Wick supported ? i guess a few hundred a home game ?

fender
24-Oct-10, 20:18
We would all be delighted to see you. Come to the South Stand a better class of supporter in there!!

Brizer2k7
24-Oct-10, 22:44
Poor lad wont understand a word of whats being said !!! :lol:

Metalattakk
24-Oct-10, 23:40
Im living in Wick and looking to pop down to the ground at the next home game (think its Fort William next month).Ive had a look at the clubs website just wondering whats the admittance price and i presume the games kick off on a Saturday at 3pm?
Is there any where on the ground for refreshments or for a drink in a club house after the match?
Now its possibly i might have to disguise myself to get in as im English! So that might be a challenge !
Thanks for looking

I suspect you'll be impressed by the intelligent, free-flowing passing-on-the-deck football style employed by the current team.

It's the only way to play when the ball gets blown to Orkney whenever it goes over head height. :D

Chrisf1961
25-Oct-10, 10:49
lol and theres me thinking i would be watching fast one touch football akin the Arsenal way ????????

WeeRob
25-Oct-10, 15:54
lol and theres me thinking i would be watching fast one touch football akin the Arsenal way ????????

That's pretty much on the money..

Wick Academy are widely recognized as the best passing team in the Highland League, they've got a young (and predominantly local) squad with a lot of skill.

Recently appeared in the North of Scotland cup final, where over 1000 people came down from Caithness to watch them. Sadly, it was not to be and they lost 3-2.

Crowds in normal league games are steady between 200-300 but rise for larger games. The derby matches against Brora creep up to 500-600 and big cup games can go even higher.

Last year Wick played Brechin City and drew around 1800 people to the ground. A four all meant that they all left entertained!