PDA

View Full Version : Whitehill Welfare Game is OFF!!!

JEBriskham
23-Oct-10, 11:11
Whitehill Welfare Game Postponed

Today's Scottish Cup tie against Whitehill Welfare is postponed due to a water-logged pitch. The Academy squad travelled as far as Perth last night and received the news this morning before leaving the hotel. A grade one referee inspected Ferguson Park less than an hour ago and confirmed that the game had no chance of going ahead due to the surface water on the park.

This is the second year in a row that the squad has travelled as far as Perth to suffer the disappointment and large financial cost of having to turn and come back home again. Last year the re-play at Brechin was also cancelled in similar circumstances.

It's also a massive disappointment for the Academy fans who travel to these games. We are aware that there are a lot of fans travelling to the game today and we have tried to contact as many of them as possible to let them know what's happening.

If you know anyone that is travelling to the game today can you please try to contact them to let them know that the game is definitely off.

Brizer2k7
23-Oct-10, 11:59
It was also anounced on The Scottish Cup facebook page so hopefully some people will have seen the news on that. only posted at about 11.30 a.m. I know the feeling of travelling down and missing a game because of bad weather. I travelled from Thurso to Dundee a while ago and when I got to Tannadice the game was off.

wickscorrie
23-Oct-10, 12:04
This must be so annoying for the Football Club,you would have thought if there was a doubt about the game going ahead a pitch inspection could have been called for yesterday and it would have saved the club having to pay for an overnight stay in Perth.

fender
24-Oct-10, 08:27
Fingers crossed now that it can be played next saturday. Nightmare scenario (deja vue) is that this game will then have to be played midweek.