PDA

View Full Version : Four arrested after 'man tortured' from wick

coppertop 1958
21-Oct-10, 10:47
Four Britons have been arrested in Portugal after a man was apparently kidnapped and tortured in the Algarve, it has emerged.

James Ross, from Wick in Caithness, disappeared after travelling to Portugal on October 5.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hRp9vHkaZfcSz0ve7KJCrRvgVyQQ?docId=N00126112 87649339390A

Even Chance
21-Oct-10, 11:07
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322187/British-man-ear-2-fingers-3-toes-cut-Portugal-unpaid-drug-debt.html?ITO=1490

Heres a better link with a photo of him. Im sure he was my postie!

DeHaviLand
21-Oct-10, 11:45
Aye he used to be the postie around the High School area.

buggyracer
21-Oct-10, 11:55
saddening that people can do this to fellow humans :~(

Corrie 3
21-Oct-10, 11:59
A warning as to what drugs can do to you....Leave them alone is the best advice.

C3.....:eek::eek:

Dadie
21-Oct-10, 12:12
Drugs kill.
Dont even have to take them, but, just get mixed up in the seedy business.
At least he has a second chance at life...even though he will have a long recovery time and will never be able to look in a mirror without being reminded of the ordeal.

mushroom
21-Oct-10, 13:33
This is a shocking story.

I think this story should be told to school children in the hope that it deters them from trying drugs, I know this sounds harsh but it is a reality.

welsh-witch
21-Oct-10, 15:01
dreadful treatment to any human,makes it feel worse i think cos hes a local and you just dont expect that kind of thing somehow, makes me feel quite sick that someone can do that to another, just dreadful:~(

Jeid
21-Oct-10, 15:32
Talk about getting in with the wrong crowd.

redeyedtreefrog
21-Oct-10, 18:10
This sort of stuff wouldn't happen with legalisation.

Phill
21-Oct-10, 18:43
This sort of stuff wouldn't happen with legalisation.

:confused
How's that exactly?

Just because something is legal doesn't mean people wont run up debts with suppliers.

redeyedtreefrog
21-Oct-10, 19:54
:confused
How's that exactly?

Just because something is legal doesn't mean people wont run up debts with suppliers.

I mean selling and taxing in licensed, regulated establishments, taking funds away from these dodgy drugs barons.

Blarney
21-Oct-10, 20:32
Unbelievable to think that this is a Caithness man we are talking about. Should serve as a salutory lesson to anyone contemplating dabbling in drugs at whatever level and will let them see that the consequences are horrific when things get out of hand. It smacks of a storyline straight out of Underbelly (tonight 9pm STV).

upolian
21-Oct-10, 20:41
Only got himself to blame!

Dadie
21-Oct-10, 20:44
But its not just his life he put at risk...
His wife and kids...

Xposin
21-Oct-10, 21:02
its what you have to expect when u play the game, and dont play it wisely.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
21-Oct-10, 21:19
Only got himself to blame!

maybe the obvious comment to make - but the poor lads family live in this county and may be reading this....pretty harsh.

teddybear1873
21-Oct-10, 21:19
its what you have to expect when u play the game, and dont play it wisely.

How on earth do you deal with drugs wisely? Plain and simple, drugs is bad news, whether your dealing or taking.

Corrie 3
21-Oct-10, 21:28
I mean selling and taxing in licensed, regulated establishments, taking funds away from these dodgy drugs barons.
You mean like a sweetie shop ????
Do you live in La-La land......"Oh and can I have an ounce of Cocaine with my jelly babies please".......Get real......[evil][evil]

C3..:confused

teddybear1873
21-Oct-10, 21:34
You mean like a sweetie shop ????
Do you live in La-La land......"Oh and can I have an ounce of Cocaine with my jelly babies please".......Get real......[evil][evil]

C3..:confused

I once snorted coke, the ice cubes got in the way. Never again.

21-Oct-10, 21:41
As the subject of this thread is now part of an ongoing Police investigation, this thread is now closed.