PDA

View Full Version : Moving house and Sky +

tartanyorkie
17-Oct-10, 19:06
How much does it cost to have Sky+ installed again when you move house?

_Ju_
17-Oct-10, 19:23
I would ask them. If I were not happy with the price quoted I would threaten to leave. If they want to keep your custom they will do whatever they can to keep you. Personally I would probably only be happy with a quote whose limit tends to £0.00! ;) And then again, I'd rather not pay for sky. Most of it is freeview. And what isn't is endlessly repeated.

Scarybiscuits03
17-Oct-10, 19:28
Think the price varies depending on whether your new place has an existing dish, etc.

We bought a dish and installed it ourselves (OK what I really mean is my OH bought a dish and installed it!)
Much cheaper than what we were quoted!

pink
17-Oct-10, 19:59
have moved twice with my sky+, havent had to pay anything either time but the time it takes them to send someone out is crazy !!

Gronnuck
17-Oct-10, 20:09
I am an ex-Sky employee. :eek:
It is important to tell BSkyB at least a month in advance that you are moving and if your new property already has a dish or not. If it does you should be able to plug in and play; if not you should arrange that they install one as soon as possible after your move in date.
You should be aware that on moving home they will see this as an opportunity to foist additional packages etc. onto you.
They will probably want to charge you a fee – about £60 I think these days. If they do, tell them not to bother as you can’t afford it just now/can live without it. In effect you’re giving them one month's notice that you want to terminate. At this point they will pass you to 'Turnaround' where another Customer Advisor will in all likelihood give you a freebie or make you an offer. ;)
Good Luck.