PDA

View Full Version : American Scholars for Truth - 9/11 Symposium C-SPAN

sjwahwah
29-Jul-06, 22:49
2 hours from now at 1:00am / 8:00pmEST on www.cspan.org they will be showing on CSPAN1 the highlights from the American Scholars for Truth - 9/11 Symposium if anyone is interested.

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 00:57
Truth depends on belief or faith not factual accuracy, so American Scholars for Truth means nothing to me.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 02:44
means something about something anyways.:roll:

JAWS
30-Jul-06, 03:24
2 hours from now at 1:00am / 8:00pmEST on www.cspan.org they will be showing on CSPAN1 the highlights from the American Scholars for Truth - 9/11 Symposium if anyone is interested.Sure does, yet another self-appointed Pressure Group trying to appear important.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 03:28
Sure does, yet another self-appointed Pressure Group trying to appear important.

as opposed to the self-appointed government?:roll:

JAWS
30-Jul-06, 06:43
as opposed to the self-appointed government?:roll:Which Government appointed itself?

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 11:40
who do you think... biggest presidential scam of US history.. Election 2000... Bush Gore... and 2004 Bush Kerry 2004...

and for a price you can be appointed to the House of Lords.

Afghanistan... Iraq... what a joke.

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 12:21
who do you think... biggest presidential scam of US history.. Election 2000... Bush Gore... and 2004 Bush Kerry 2004.

President Bush won both elections legitimately . In the 2000 election he won the election without getting the 'popular vote' but this is possible with any 'first the the finsih post' election, including the UK's. In 2004 he won the election with the popular vote so his approval rating went up.

So if your gripe is with Bush then let him know, if your gripe is with their Electoral Collage then let them know but don't blame Bush for winning an election which was there for him to win under the rules.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 12:24
I'm afraid you don't know what your talking about... tell the thousands of disenfranchised black voters of Florida it was a legitimate election!

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 12:27
I'm afraid you don't know what your talking about... tell the thousands of disenfranchised black voters of Florida it was a legitimate election!

And their votes didn't get counted for legitimate reasons.

Do you think all votes for Bush got counted given the same set of circumstances?

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 12:33
why don't you try some research rheghead... how are you disenfrancised for legitimate reasons?

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 12:34
why don't you try some research rheghead... how are you disenfrancised for legitimate reasons?

I have and I don't feel I am but it seems you do...[lol]

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 12:50
disenfranchisement happens in oligarchies not democracies.

and so far you have no comment on the House of Lords.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 13:17
did anyone get a chance to see the Symposium?

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 14:54
disenfranchisement happens in oligarchies not democracies.

and so far you have no comment on the House of Lords.

It is possible to to be disenfranchised in any political system, especialy in a democracy if you are in the minority.

Should I have been prompted to make a comment on the House of Lords? Since we have the Parliament Act then I feel there is no need.

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 15:07
in reference to all your comments especially your first on this thread... I have yet to meet someone with their head buried so far in the sand. If that is your perogative then why do you find it so imperative to defend the perfect democracy we live in.

yes.. it is possible to be disenfranchised in a democracy.. but, there is nothing legitimate about it and it clashes with the ideals of democracy.. therefore there is nothing democratic about depriving equal citizens their right to vote!

Rheghead
30-Jul-06, 15:19
in reference to all your comments especially your first on this thread... I have yet to meet someone with their head buried so far in the sand. If that is your perogative then why do you find it so imperative to defend the perfect democracy we live in.

yes.. it is possible to be disenfranchised in a democracy.. but, there is nothing legitimate about it and it clashes with the ideals of democracy.. therefore there is nothing democratic about depriving equal citizens their right to vote!

For their own reasons, the votes in Florida were not counted. Who knows which way the votes would have gone? I think it is arrogant to assume one way or another. As far as I'm concerned, not being an American, the US voted in a President that was recognised by the international community.

If the 2000 election had gone to Gore by such a small minority then there were other votes that weren't counted that the Bush camp would have kicked up a fuss about so I can't see the problem. The rules of the Election were satisfied, if they weren't then the Election was invalid, Gore knew this and that is why he conceded after he realised he didn't have enough votes. There were enough efforts by the Gore camp to get the 'disenfranchised black Floridian votes' counted by the courts, but they deemed them invalid. So what is the problem?

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 15:21
yess... thank you for your opinions.. I've got my own...

golach
30-Jul-06, 15:23
yess... thank you for your opinions.. I've got my own...
And dont we know it!!!!!!!!! Yawnnnnnn

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 15:25
I'm so glad your back ol' buddy.. you missed me didn't you?

golach
30-Jul-06, 15:27
I'm so glad your back ol' buddy.. you missed me didn't you?
Excuse me Madam I am no ol' buddy of yours, please do not presume so

sjwahwah
30-Jul-06, 15:58
my mistake.. did you see the symposium ?

Gleber2
30-Jul-06, 16:06
Excuse me Madam I am no ol' buddy of yours, please do not presume so

Aw c'mon!!!!!

JAWS
31-Jul-06, 05:25
who do you think... biggest presidential scam of US history.. Election 2000... Bush Gore... and 2004 Bush Kerry 2004...

and for a price you can be appointed to the House of Lords.

Afghanistan... Iraq... what a joke.I know, they tried every sneaky tick in the Book to try to get a democratic decision over turned and failed both times. Gore? Kerry? what a pair of sore losers, they reminded me of a pair of kids running to Mummy because nobody would allow them to win!

They really should have gone to Putin for advice. First try poisoning the candidate which doesn’t suit you, then put acid in the ballot boxes in your opponents heartland, not forgetting to turn out thugs to beat up voters in the same areas, bus people around to vote, vote and vote again, and get somebody to sit filling in forged ballot papers and forget that you’re not running a Totalitarian State any more and that International Observers are difficult to make disappear en masse. Then when that fails, turn the Countries Gas Supply off in the middle of winter as a warning to the people not to be so disobedient in future.

Bush won two elections whether you like it or not, get used to it, that’s how Democracy works, you don’t always get the leader you want, unless you live in a State where you have only one candidate to choose from.
By the way, Kennedy’s vote was just as close but people were not prone to whinging and moaning, they behaved in a decent manner, accepted the voters verdict and got on with it.
As for the price for the House of Lords, ask Tony and he learned the trick from Lloyd George in the early 1900s.
Afghanistan, Iraq, I must agree, I haven’t had so much fun since, let me see, must be 15 years now then 26 years, the sixties and the seventies were the best.
Only problem is that the same old moans, accusations, horror stories stay the same all the time.
I just wish somebody would put another buck in the Juke Box and change the tune.
Hell, it’s never really changed since Korea.
Cuba was really was exciting, real edge of the seat stuff, everything since has hardly been worth giving a second thought.

You have one thing to look forward to though, they can’t have Bush again. You’ll have to think of a whole new set of moans, but if the one you can’t doesn’t win I’m sure there will be something to wimp about, even if they win by a landslide.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy a good comedy. .