PDA

View Full Version : Have you been to Venice CA and if so did you like it?

crayola
16-Oct-10, 12:43
Last night after posting on the X Factor thread I listened to

David Guetta - When Love Takes Over (FeatKelly Rowland) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudbz4hOcbc)

which was I think filmed in Venice CA.

I've always liked that song but I also like Venice and I'd like to spend some more time there. I'm not sure I would like to live in Venice itself but I like the crazy atmosphere and I like talking to the crazy dudes that inhabit the place.

My sister visited recently and found it scary. :confused

Has anyone else been there and if so did you like it?

orkneycadian
17-Oct-10, 03:06
Get yourself over there. You cant comprehend the "nutter level" in LA till you see it for yourself.

Rural USA is one thing, but get anywhere close to major cities and forget anything regarding sanity.

In all the times I have worked over there, the road east out of LA cannot beckon quick enough! Each to there own, but its nothing other than a madhouse. Might suit well! ;)

crayola
17-Oct-10, 14:27
That's interesting......

If I had written your second sentence it would have been more like.....

Urban USA is one thing, but go anywhere that isn't close to major cities and forget anything regarding sanity.And anyway most of LA is very conservative in my experience. Venice is an exception.

Thanks for your response though, I was fearing that this thread would get no replies at all!

Bruce_H
25-Oct-10, 18:39
As a local to the area, it's very much the fringe part of LA to be certain. They put on a good show for the tourists, but once you get a few blocks away from the beach, it's like a normal suburb in California.

Many of the crazy people on the beach are happy narcissists, so they are out there trying to gather as much attention as they can. LA has many pluses and minuses. Chief among the plus side: generally sunny and warm weather, great access to anything you might want from shops or restaurants, clubs or shows. On the minus side: Lots of crime, punishing tax rates, horrid traffic and some rather poor air quality at times.

Bruce H

George Brims
25-Oct-10, 19:19
As a local to the area, it's very much the fringe part of LA to be certain. They put on a good show for the tourists, but once you get a few blocks away from the beach, it's like a normal suburb in California.
Absolutely. Venice (and to a lesser extent the beach part of Santa Monica) are the weirdest part of Southern California. The touristy section of Hollywood Boulevard has its moments too.

LA has many pluses and minuses. Chief among the plus side: generally sunny and warm weather
Except today is the first decent dry day in about two weeks!

On the minus side: Lots of crime
Crime rate keeps falling, and LA is (allegedly) now safer than London

I'll tell you the worst thing right now - the mid-term elections. It is impossible to listen to the radio or watch TV without developing a deep-seated hatred for everyone standing for office, and their supporters and funders, and the people who put together all their advertising. Roll on Tuesday Nov 2nd, when it's finally all over.