PDA

View Full Version : Astronot Tracks Now Online!

Jeid
27-Jul-06, 23:12
Hey all, we've just put our demo tracks onto our website.

We'd really appreciate it if you could head over to www.astronot.co.uk and have a listen to them. Let us know what you think!

While you're listening, have a browse around.

EDIT: I should point out, that we'll probably do a new mix of Alien Action when we get the chance. It's a bit toppy.

Many thanks

Jeid
29-Jul-06, 02:11
Anyone had a listen? Any comments?

Dreadnought
29-Jul-06, 09:09
I'm not a music critic so doubt I could offer any useful critique, but I am a died in the wool rock fan. I saw Led Zep play in the 70's, and have a collection from Black Sabbath through Deep Purple, The Scorpions, Michael Schenker Group, Motorhead (who I saw play the Chancellor Hall in Chelmsford I still get nose bleeds!) Pink Floyd to the Zep.

I like your sound.

roblovesplastic
29-Jul-06, 14:16
love the website, looks ace. The choons sounded tight, ace quality coming through the stereo here.

1 thing to point out was I could not skip tracks, track 2 auto playing on the site got me interested but I could not access the next track.

Apart from that small detail, ace work guys, looks well professional.

Jeid
30-Jul-06, 22:48
I do believe the player issue has been fixed. Thanks for the kind comments :D

Deemac
31-Jul-06, 10:27
Jeid,
Your monitoring/control room is far too bass heavy. Hence your mixes are far too toppy. Nearly cut my head off listening to these. Nice and tight sound though.

Try also listening to them with headphones as a comparison if your monitoring is unreliable or at lower volume levels. If my memory serves me well, Murkle Bays control room is a strange layout/shape which won't help. Also listen to your mix from another room can help to balance individual components.

Good luck witht the band.

Jeid
31-Jul-06, 10:50
Yeah, I definately agree and hence pointed it out.

Was a much quicker affair than last time I recorded. Well rehearsed for a start! haha ;)

Cheers Deemac. We're gonna try getting it sorted this week.

goggs1987
01-Aug-06, 20:13
dah dah..da ..da ...daaaaaaahh ...... im lovin' it! \M/. ;) :Razz

theboysintheband
02-Aug-06, 16:06
Sounds ruddy good to me troops! Keep it goin'!

U plannin' to play these bad boys live at that 'Big Gig'?

Jeid
02-Aug-06, 16:24
We sure will yeah(@4pm). We'll also be playing them in Wick on the 5th @ 9pm.

We've got these tracks for download on myspace now. Both tracks sound a lot better than the mp3's we have on our website. We'll be changing the tracks on our website tonight hopefully

Thanks very much

theboysintheband
02-Aug-06, 20:39
I can't make that wick one but i should b able to make the 'Big Gig'

lookin' forward to hearin' some original stuff as well as some good ol' well done covers!

Gogglebox
02-Aug-06, 21:24
Liked that Jeid Sounded good - - we'll let you practice in Wick and be perfect in Thurso!!lol

Shame about Roland Rat - -
-A very very sad story!! (the fact your telling it is sadder!)

Good Luck - -

Remember and Advertise the BIG GIG IN THURSO whilst on stage

ITS FREE ADMISSION TO ALL YOU KNOW!!! EVEN WICKERS!! LOL

Chobbersjnr
02-Aug-06, 21:59
ITS FREE ADMISSION TO ALL YOU KNOW!!! EVEN WICKERS!! LOL

HEY my Grandad was from Louisborough (think that's how ya spell it) street, you're getting into racial issues now G/box even though I was born in Thurso:Razz

Gogglebox
02-Aug-06, 22:21
HEY my Grandad was from Louisborough (think that's how ya spell it) street, you're getting into racial issues now G/box even though I was born in Thurso:Razz

Like a little stirring up of controversary been a while,

Jeid
02-Aug-06, 22:26
Thanks guys. We actually put the bette quality tracks on myspace, but the idea is there. We will definately be advertising the big gig in Wick!

Naefearjustbeer
02-Aug-06, 23:19
Very brave advertising Thurso when you are on stage in wick, Better do it just as you are exiting stage so you can dodge the bottles of....[lol] ;)

Jeid
03-Aug-06, 00:23
It's ok... I'll be surrounded by two big men!

Deemac
05-Aug-06, 01:15
Would that be Chobbers and Gleber2 them?

I was told they were big, Biggar (once lived there!!), and biggest!!!

Gleber2
05-Aug-06, 01:27
Would that be Chobbers and Gleber2 them?

I was told they were big, Biggar (once lived there!!), and biggest!!!

Twill not be I, you can be sure of that.