PDA

View Full Version : unlucky??

Ajax
07-Oct-10, 14:33
Hi all today i saw a wee robin red breast but my neighbour tellsme this is unlucky is that true just courious

cuddlepop
07-Oct-10, 15:46
I think it all depends on how you want to interpret it.

I believe its a good sign/omen.

The only bad experience I've had is when one flew into our living room window and was killed.
A few days later a very dear friend passed away,he had been ill but death came sooner rather than later.:(

silverlady
07-Oct-10, 15:59
Whoa, just looked out window and there was a wee robin on the wall! I feel blessed!! :Razz

upolian
07-Oct-10, 16:07
Most man feel lucky when they see a breast.....

Duncansby
07-Oct-10, 16:08
Well that would depend on whether or not your superstitious. :lol:

Tinkerbell09
07-Oct-10, 17:18
Just seen a wee robin when I was out for a smoke at college! Wonder if its the same one :P!

silverlady
07-Oct-10, 17:28
Just seen a wee robin when I was out for a smoke at college! Wonder if its the same one :P!

LOLs! :lol: He'll have tired wee wings!

ducati
07-Oct-10, 19:22
Hi all today i saw a wee robin red breast but my neighbour tellsme this is unlucky is that true just courious

No. Your neighbour is a looney.

and so is bagpuss :lol:

Liz
07-Oct-10, 19:29
Most man feel lucky when they see a breast.....

Even Robin's red one?!!!:lol::eek:

Dadie
07-Oct-10, 19:51
Santas robin is in our garden ... he is a really lucky wee birdie for me...just need to point out that he is there watching them and will go back and tell santa if they are being bad or good and the girls and they stop fighting:lol:

bagpuss
07-Oct-10, 22:07
tends to mean a death in the family- sorry

Geo
07-Oct-10, 22:10
It means you saw a beautiful little bird.

Dadie
07-Oct-10, 22:27
In our house it means you had better be good or you wont get pressies from santa!

Liz
07-Oct-10, 22:27
It means you saw a beautiful little bird.

Exactly!!! Nothing sinister at all about seeing the lovely wee robin.:D

Ajax
18-Oct-10, 11:16
thanks everybody :Razz

onecalledk
18-Oct-10, 11:56
was always told that they were a sign of winter, the earlier you see one of these birds the longer and harsher the winter.

looking out the window at the sleet and howling wind I am inclined to believe it .......

:(
K

manloveswife
18-Oct-10, 17:29
tends to mean a death in the family- sorry

Sort of......

I was always told that finding a robin in the house was a sign of loss.
Never really believed it, but the only time I ever found a robin indoors was in my little workshop, opened the door one morning and there it was perched on the bench, chirped and flew out. The wifes Great Aunt had passed away that night, we like to think she popped in to have a nosey and say bye bye.

Then again it could just have been a robin that got in, then got locked in and flew away the next day.

A Robin in the garden or else where is just a robin, a lovely little cheeky bird that is relatively tame.