PDA

View Full Version : Overdue!!!!!!

rs 2k
02-Oct-10, 00:50
Hi

My daughter is overdue now and has been down in Kyle court for 5 weeks she is getting really fed up

Anyone got any suggestions how to start her off :D

Its like baby is so comfy in there doesn't want to come out, who could blame him/her really [lol] cold and miserable

Any help i could pass on to her would be great

Thanx :D

sassylass
02-Oct-10, 00:54
How long overdue? In my experience, baby comes when baby decides he's ready.

rs 2k
02-Oct-10, 00:58
Yeah thats true and if she was at home then fine, but she has been down there on her own for 5 weeks bored stiff so anything to help :D

She is only 2 days over and i know its not long but she is just wanting home

Doctor is waiting til thurs b4 they start her off

sassylass
02-Oct-10, 04:59
hmmm your jeep icon bouncing along the road makes me recall this old remedy... several trips bouncing over the railroad tracks is supposed to do the trick. good luck.

emszxr
02-Oct-10, 08:19
the same way she got pregnant?

AliciaMackinnon
02-Oct-10, 09:16
I was over due 2 n i had 2 b induced!!!! how u getting on wi the telly got another 1 4 sale! its biger n beta!!! pm if ur interested!"!!!

Beat Bug
02-Oct-10, 09:41
I was 2 weeks overdue before 'they' decided to induce me. Kept insisting I got my dates wrong. Then after the birth 'they' said my son was 4 weeks late! So much for the experts! But that was over 30 years ago.

Alba.gu.brath
02-Oct-10, 11:08
My wife was 13 days overdue then had to be induced was in labour for 22 hours (without any pain relief) then had a c-section at the end of that!
She should count herself lucky she in in Raigmore!!!

Liz
02-Oct-10, 12:50
Aw what a shame. She must be so fed up!!

Raspberry tea is supposed to help.http://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Raspberry-Leaf-Tea.shtml?gclid=CIupvryOtKQCFd_-2AodP3mT0A

telfordstar
02-Oct-10, 13:45
I was 6 days over with my 3rd and i had tried everything! Boucny gym ball, scrubbing floors, hot baths, hot curries, fresh pineapple, rasperry tablets and tea and worst of all castor oil!! None of it worked I had to be induced!

AliciaMackinnon
02-Oct-10, 14:09
I was 6 days over with my 3rd and i had tried everything! Boucny gym ball, scrubbing floors, hot baths, hot curries, fresh pineapple, rasperry tablets and tea and worst of all castor oil!! None of it worked I had to be induced!

U poor woman!!! U must hav been desperate by time u took caster oil!!! I was plannin it but e hospital induced me b4 i had 2 suffer that!!!

onecalledk
02-Oct-10, 15:48
Raspberry leaf tea is a suggestion. I drank it for the last 3 weeks of pregnancy and my son arrived on his due date.
K

rs 2k
02-Oct-10, 18:15

OH NO!!!

Well my daughter has tried all of that,(Not scrubbing floors [lol]) thing she hasn't tried is the castor oil and i was round every chemist in Thurso today and not 1 of the them had it :confused

Anyone any idea where i can get it from?

rs 2k
02-Oct-10, 18:22
Aw what a shame. She must be so fed up!!

Raspberry tea is supposed to help.http://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Raspberry-Leaf-Tea.shtml?gclid=CIupvryOtKQCFd_-2AodP3mT0A

Thats the tea she got

I must phone her and tell her keep drinking it [lol]

Thanx for the link

Dadie
02-Oct-10, 18:23
I would give it a miss!
All it will do is give her the squits...which might take her mind off being overdue...but thats not a great way to spend the time!
Better off going for a good walk...traipse round the shops looking at baby stuff if need be and a long soak in the bath...
Use radox muscle ...whatsitcalled the green one in the bath..it has clary sage in it which might help!

emszxr
02-Oct-10, 18:47
do not take castor oil. honestly even the smallest amount and she be on the toilet for the day. been there and did nothing.

rs 2k
02-Oct-10, 19:44
Cheers everyone for all replies

I am going down tomorrow to spend the whole day and most of the night there and i am going to walk the feet off her [lol]

Will nip over to tesco and get radox and she can have a bath after all the walking and hopefully something will happen b4 i leave :D

I just ordered her a hot curry online aswell :D getting delivered at 8.30pm

Thanx

kitty
02-Oct-10, 21:43
Hope she has the baby soon :)

Dadie
02-Oct-10, 21:55
They tend to come out when good and ready....
Only thing she can do is try and relax and not get worked up about it!
Pity she cant get home to her own bed for a night...she would relax more and things might happen!

rs 2k
10-Oct-10, 20:45
Still no baby!!!

10 days overdue now, tried everything :confused

Booked in for a section thurs if nothing happening by then :~(

Dadie
10-Oct-10, 20:50
Oh well the threat of a section could do it!
Have pals who were threatened with a section who went themselves the night before.
Would they not induce her?
(I take it she is still in raigmore?)

Scarybiscuits03
10-Oct-10, 20:53
I was 2 weeks overdue before they tried to start me off - the first time it didnt work (had contractions for a day and then stopped!) 2nd time they burst the waters - bairn born 10hrs later by ventouse cos I was sleeping! [lol][lol]

rs 2k
10-Oct-10, 21:02
Can't induce her coz she has had a section b4, consultant was going to break her waters last tues but baby was 2 high so she couldn't do it

Yes she is still in raigmore, thats 6 weeks now

She is seeing consultant again tomorrow so will c what happens

craig80
10-Oct-10, 21:31
castor oil worked for wonders for me! took at at 7pm, went into labour around 10pm that night and had my baby at 02.30!!! got it from williamsons chemist in thurso

rs 2k
10-Oct-10, 21:38
People said not to take it but will try everything,

anyway can't get it anywhere tried everywhere in Thurso and Inverness, well town centre, even found a shop called "Oil and vinegar" and i thought well they must have it, went in and they don't :confused

Not giving up yet tho

Only thing is she is stuck down there and i'm up here and i'm not going down til thurs morning and it'll be too late then :~(

Vistravi
11-Oct-10, 10:31
People said not to take it but will try everything,

anyway can't get it anywhere tried everywhere in Thurso and Inverness, well town centre, even found a shop called "Oil and vinegar" and i thought well they must have it, went in and they don't :confused

Not giving up yet tho

Only thing is she is stuck down there and i'm up here and i'm not going down til thurs morning and it'll be too late then :~(

you can get it from the coop chemist.

Vistravi
11-Oct-10, 10:34
Forgive me for asking but how come she has been done there so long? Wick is very good at monitoring so wouldn't it make more sense for her to come home and go to wick every so often? I know what i'd tell them. They wouldn't get me staying down there that long.

Fingers crossed baby decides to see the world outside the womb on his or her own accord!