PDA

View Full Version : AA, RAC etc

dortmunder
28-Sep-10, 13:54
Does anyone have a view on which breakdown company is best for Wick based motorists?

Kodiak
28-Sep-10, 13:56
I am with Green Flag and they are Brilliant here in Caithness. I have had to call them out twice in the past 2 years and both times they arrived in less than 30 Minutes. So I can Highly Recommend Green Flag. :D

Geo
28-Sep-10, 15:45
They probably all use the same 3rd parties to do the work up here.

poppett
28-Sep-10, 15:52
I am with "Autonational rescue" and have only had to call them out once in seven years. Their representative arrived quickly, had to take the car away to repair, but phoned next day with reasonable quote and the work was done the same day, and the car returned.

They offer a discount scheme for more than one vehicle and a no claims discount.

My niece is with the AA and recently got her work done for her vehicle`s MoT whilst it was in following a breakdown.........just a relay switch it turned out, but the main dealer had been telling her it was a major problem and would cost £700 to repair. Subsequently she thinks they are wonderful as it was included in her AA subscription.

hardcore superstar
28-Sep-10, 16:23
They probably all use the same 3rd parties to do the work up here.

pretty sure you're right. the garage in castletown seems to be the caithness one that they all use. The next nearest is a garage in brora (i think it's called victoria?). therefore, if it's only caithness you're concerned about, it doesn't matter because, as Geo says, they all use the same 3rd parties.

grandma
28-Sep-10, 16:32
The AA use Elder's in Dunbeath too. They arrived quickly when I needed them and transported me and car back to Lybster.

neepnipper
28-Sep-10, 18:21
[quote=poppett;766223]I am with "Autonational rescue" and have only had to call them out once in seven years. Their representative arrived quickly, had to take the car away to repair, but phoned next day with reasonable quote and the work was done the same day, and the car returned.

I use autonational rescue, have done for years, only costs about £130 for three vehicles and that's their top cover (includes things like home start, towing you home or to your destination etc), have called them out about 3 times in the last few years and they use local garages who arrive promptly and call when they are on their way, couldn't fault them.

dortmunder
28-Sep-10, 20:27
Thanks to you all, that's very helpful.