PDA

View Full Version : MFR/CFM Signal Strength

orkneycadian
25-Sep-10, 19:19
Hows the signal strength for MFR/CFM on 102.5 across the water these days?

Noticed in the van today, that it was quite a bit weaker than usual, even when I was down in the south parish of South Ronaldsay (the closest us Orcadians dare get unless passing through! ;))

The signal in the house is a bit lower than usual as well - Still perfectly fine, but not strong enough to light up the "tuned" indicator like it usually does.

Any reduction in signal strength observed across there?

annemarie482
25-Sep-10, 20:54
mfr used to be perfect in our car, but this year its been really weak and easily lost!!
glad im not the only peron whos noticed it

Tubthumper
26-Sep-10, 12:13
Something else that ain't as good as it used to be?

CFM
26-Sep-10, 22:22
the signal is currently at half strength due to MFR's equipment being faulty. The equipmentis due to be replaced in the next few weeks and this should solve the problem. CFM are also taking the opportunity to replace some of our equipment at the same time so hopefully we should have better coverage

orkneycadian
27-Sep-10, 21:50
Ta for the update. Thought the aerial or the distribution amplifier must have been on the way out till noticed it bad in the van too. Be grand to get it working again, as its coming to the days when 1107 gets a bit "noisy" after dark

Tubthumper
27-Sep-10, 22:16
Something else that ain't as good as it used to be?
I meant the signal strength, not the quality!:D

dirdyweeker
27-Sep-10, 23:52
You are lucky to get it at all. I live in Wick and have no reception for MFR or CFM in my house.

embow
28-Sep-10, 06:53
http://radioplayerone.mfr.co.uk/
This might help.;)

orkneycadian
28-Sep-10, 17:49
You are lucky to get it at all. I live in Wick and have no reception for MFR or CFM in my house.

What kind of aerial are you using?

Bazeye
28-Sep-10, 18:25

Me neither.

dirdyweeker
30-Sep-10, 00:15
What kind of aerial? Just my radio.

orkneycadian
30-Sep-10, 17:34
Aha. That'll explain it then!

orkneycadian
31-Oct-10, 11:59
the signal is currently at half strength due to MFR's equipment being faulty. The equipmentis due to be replaced in the next few weeks and this should solve the problem. CFM are also taking the opportunity to replace some of our equipment at the same time so hopefully we should have better coverage

Must be done now, as the signal is bending the needle over this side of the water again! Well, the Tuned indicator is back on the display on the radio! :)

northener
31-Oct-10, 20:56
During the Summer, when it's high pressure sat over Caithness, I regularly get Shetland Isles Broadcasting (SIBC) whilst driving over Warth Hill whuilst on MFR...and if I'm really lucky I sometimes get Norgiewegian stations.

Don't ask me what the Norgie stations are... I don't speak Norwegian.:Razz

orkneycadian
31-Oct-10, 21:36
Used to listen to SIBC in the north sea. It has a good range as it has a fairly meaty transmitter. Can't get it Orkney due to the proximity on the dial of Radio 4 (96.0) which swamps SIBC (96.2). :(

orkneycadian
10-Nov-10, 00:17
Must be done now, as the signal is bending the needle over this side of the water again! Well, the Tuned indicator is back on the display on the radio! :)

:( Short lived! Back to no tuned indicator. Still works fine, but just no the same beef in the signal there used to be! I can see the transmitter from the livingroom window and its less than 35 miles away, so it should be better than this!

Mind you, still better coverage in Orkney than the so called "superstation"! Can't even get it in the car in Stromness, a mere 8 miles from the transmitter site!