PDA

View Full Version : How many are on your Ignore list?

Rheghead
23-Jul-06, 00:08
How many are on your ignore list? If you reply to this then I know I'm not on yours!! :roll:

I have only one poster on my ignore list who just speels a load of conspiracy theory rubbish, other than that everyone else is worth reading.:D

golach
23-Jul-06, 00:12
three only rheg

sjwahwah
23-Jul-06, 00:33
none... i think everyone gots something good to say even melted wellie.. even golach!:Razz

Moira
23-Jul-06, 00:34
I've not got anyone on my ignore list. I choose to read all the posts here & then disregard the ones I'm not interested in.

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 00:41
:eek: ............................[para]

canuck
23-Jul-06, 02:01
How many are on your ignore list? If you reply to this then I know I'm not on yours!! :roll:

I have only one poster on my ignore list who just speels a load of conspiracy theory rubbish, other than that everyone else is worth reading.:D

Concerning the ignore list: do the posts just not appear? And if they don't how does one follow the discussion? If the posts on the ignore list are quoted by other people, do the quotes show up on your screen? I was just wondering as I wasn't even aware of such a thing as an ignore list.

changilass
23-Jul-06, 02:38
How many are on your ignore list? If you reply to this then I know I'm not on yours!!

I have only one poster on my ignore list who just speels a load of conspiracy theory rubbish, other than that everyone else is worth reading.

NONE, I had a few for a while, but just too nosey for my own good sometimes:lol: . I read most posts, but tend to get bored when things go to far and simply ignore the whole thread. We all have a point of view, and each persons view is as valid as the next, but I don't find the personal attacks (whoever it concerns) very appealing.

I would be more interested in how many folk everyone had on their 'friends' list:D . I've got 12

Big Jean
23-Jul-06, 02:48
None.
I read all the posts, laugh over some, shake my head over some, disagree with some, agree with many, and just enjoy the site . Besides, I don't want to miss anything !!

Big Jean
23-Jul-06, 02:50
The above was for the ignore list . As for the friends list, none either ! Only because I am not sure yet where that option is nor how it works !!! I will get there one of these days !!!

canuck
23-Jul-06, 04:04
The above was for the ignore list . As for the friends list, none either ! Only because I am not sure yet where that option is nor how it works !!! I will get there one of these days !!!

We must have missed something in our orientation because I don't know what a friends list is either. Does a bell ring when one of my friends posts a comment. Wow, I would go deaf!

gleeber
23-Jul-06, 08:55

I would never consider this option, and because of that, I have a need to understand why Rheghead and Golach use it.
Rhegheads more or less told us who's on his list but I can only guess at Golachs.
Would you guys consider sharing with the rest of us why you choose to use this option and more importantly to Rheghead, why you needed point the finger, at who is likely to be on yours?
Oh, if Golach doent answer that will probably mean I am on his list. If he doesnt answer before Tuesday, could someone PM him and inform him of my curiousity.
I have never believed anything Fred says or does'nt say about some of the things he talks about. But, in my opinion, he still contributes more to the spirit of this forum than any of those who seem to have unlimited time in defending the official version. I sometimes wonder who's the daftest, Fred or Jaws for being sooked into it.
Personally, I find the essence of Rhegheads post, distasteful. Its a put down onto one of Caithness.orgs characters. Fred is always respectful in the manner in which he posts even though some of the flak he takes, isnt.

Ricco
23-Jul-06, 09:14
None as yet... and none ever at all, I hope. :eek:

Saveman
23-Jul-06, 09:15

I have only one poster on my ignore list who just speels a load of conspiracy theory rubbish, other than that everyone else is worth reading.

It's not a theory if people really are out to get you.....there's nothing like pointing your finger in front of everyone and saying, "I don't like him!" eh Rheghead? [disgust]

I have noone on my ignore list.

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 09:49
Nobody either, more likely to just skip over something than hit the ignore function.

fred
23-Jul-06, 10:51

Were you posting to say that you're ignoring me?

Or posting to prove that you can't :-)

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 10:57
Were you posting to say that you're ignoring me?

Or posting to prove that you can't :-)
It seems you have made an impression on rheghead, one way or another.;)

brokencross
23-Jul-06, 11:13
I try to ignore everyone equally, so as not to show bias, I am just that sort of a person. <can't help but think there is a conspiracy afoot, started by the anti-conspiracy theory brigade>

golach
23-Jul-06, 11:28
I would never consider this option, and because of that, I have a need to understand why Rheghead and Golach use it.
Rhegheads more or less told us who's on his list but I can only guess at Golachs.
Oh, if Golach doent answer that will probably mean I am on his list. If he doesnt answer before Tuesday, could someone PM him and inform him of my curiousity.
Personally, I find the essence of Rhegheads post, distasteful. Its a put down onto one of Caithness.orgs characters. Fred is always respectful in the manner in which he posts even though some of the flak he takes, isnt.
Gleeber The reason I have chosen to put my choice of individuals on ignore is my descision and mine only, I also feel I have no reason to tell you the whys and wherefores. My reasons are personal. and never once has my choice hovered over your name, O wise One o the Glebe

scorrie
23-Jul-06, 11:49

I have to say that was my first thought also. It reminds me of the childish carry on at school where cliques would play the "who do you hate" game in class.

I think the whole idea of having an ignore option pretty pathetic and insulting to the intelligence. I am more than capable of giving any post or poster a miss if I don't like their style.

Perhaps we should go a step further and have a Utopia button. Then when you select that option all posts are converted to agree exactly with your own opinion.

Rheghead
23-Jul-06, 12:03
Well! There has been a varied selection of comments on this post, though I must point out that it is very arrogant of those to make any assumptions of identity based on the most briefest of descriptions...;)

I will give a reason for the addition to my Ignore list though, it was because conspiracy theorists do not engage in reason or valid debate. So there is no point in engaging them, period.

My post was to see if anyone used this facility and their reasons. Not to divulge identities, that would be grossly unfair to those on the list.

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 12:20
Well! There has been a varied selection of comments on this post, though I must point out that it is very arrogant of those to make any assumptions of identity based on the most briefest of descriptions...;)

I will give a reason for the addition to my Ignore list though, it was because conspiracy theorists do not engage in reason or valid debate. So there is no point in engaging them, period.

My post was to see if anyone used this facility and their reasons. Not to divulge identities, that would be grossly unfair to those on the list.
Why even add someone to an ignore list, can't you just overlook their post and not bother replying or do you have to pretend that the person doesn't exist on the org?.......Curiouser and Curiouser.

gleeber
23-Jul-06, 12:22
Gleeber The reason I have chosen to put my choice of individuals on ignore is my descision and mine only, I also feel I have no reason to tell you the whys and wherefores. My reasons are personal. and never once has my choice hovered over your name, O wise One o the Glebe
You just canna resist, can you? What's this O wise One of the Glebe aboot? I'm curious why you use that language almost every time you respond to one of my posts. I find it derogatory, and as always with playground phsychology, they will hit their mark, and leave a nasty taste in the mouth. However I am genuinely curious why you direct those comments towards myself.

Rheghead
23-Jul-06, 12:23
Why even add someone to an ignore list, can't you just overlook their post and not bother replying or do you have to pretend that the person doesn't exist on the org?.......Curiouser and Curiouser.

It makes for a tidier forum, sort of like separating the wheat from the chaffe, less scrolling down through mindless drivel, less energy expended, so I feel fresher and less tired while reading the forum.;)

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 12:34
I've seen allsorts in the brief time I have been on this forum but this one takes the biscuit. I have never used the ignore button because I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions on the merit of each post not on each poster. To all but name a poster as Rheghead has done(after all there are only two defenders of conspiracy theory) is, to me, a cop out. Everyone knows to whom he is refering even though his usual bombast will deny it.
If the wheat were to be sepatated from the chaff, I wonder which pile Rheghead would put me in. I know where I would put him.
As the "Wise Man o' the Glebe" has said, so too will the "Owld Man o' Dunnett Head". Change your tack Golach, the little personal digs are childish and uncalled for.

gleeber
23-Jul-06, 12:34
It makes for a tidier forum, sort of like separating the wheat from the chaffe, less scrolling down through mindless drivel, less energy expended, so I feel fresher and less tired while reading the forum.;)

Well I guess that's the official version. Anything I think can only now be a conspiracy theory and I dont want jaws on my tail for the next fortnight.:D

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 12:36
http://www.preblelaw.net/images/sa/homeimprove-catfight-800.gif

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 12:45
I've seen allsorts in the brief time I have been on this forum but this one takes the biscuit. I have never used the ignore button because I am intelligent enough to make my own decisions on the merit of each post not on each poster. To all but name a poster as Rheghead has done(after all there are only two defenders of conspiracy theory) is, to me, a cop out. Everyone knows to whom he is refering even though his usual bombast will deny it.
If the wheat were to be sepatated from the chaff, I wonder which pile Rheghead would put me in. I know where I would put him.
As the "Wise Man o' the Glebe" has said, so too will the "Owld Man o' Dunnett Head". Change your tack Golach, the little personal digs are childish and uncalled for.

I'm curious, is the wise man o' the glebe some sort of insult, sorry, just being nosey.:)

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 12:51
I'm curious, is the wise man o' the glebe some sort of insult, sorry, just being nosey.:)

If stated in friendly cameraderie it is no insult. If used repeatedly with a sarcastic slant it could be construed as an insult and would mean the opposite. My own soubriquet at the hands of Golach, I don't consider and insult appart from the fact that I'm not old. I am only 62!!!!:D

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 12:55
Gleeber, I honestly thought you was about 40!!! :eek:

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 12:58
If stated in friendly cameraderie it is no insult. If used repeatedly with a sarcastic slant it could be construed as an insult and would mean the opposite. My own soubriquet at the hands of Golach, I don't consider and insult appart from the fact that I'm not old. I am only 62!!!!:D
A bit like sarcastically calling a overweight person slim.

P.S.....In this day and age you are still a youngster.:D

gleeber
23-Jul-06, 12:59
Gleeber, I honestly thought you was about 40!!! :eek:

I am aboot 40 Connie. Its Gleber2 who is 62:D

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 13:42
I am aboot 40 Connie. Its Gleber2 who is 62:D

So, e' wise Man O' e' Glebe is guilty of terminilogical inexactitudes. Wur both ancient but he is slightly less ancient than I. Thank you Connie for making an young old man happier this foggy Sunday.

golach
23-Jul-06, 15:06
Oh once again I have offended the sensitivity of two Orgers, those terms were meant to be terms of endearment, and not meant in anyway to be slights on you both. I am not casting any stones but I was nicknamed first in here, by the reference Owld, I made no song and dance about it though it did offend, I took it a bit of ill judged humour.
But thanks Gleber2, I am now off to lick my wounded sense of humour, dont hold your breath for any more postings from me.

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 15:12
Oh once again I have offended the sensitivity of two Orgers, those terms were meant to be terms of endearment, and not meant in anyway to be slights on you both. I am not casting any stones but I was nicknamed first in here, by the reference Owld, I made no song and dance about it though it did offend, I took it a bit of ill judged humour.
But thanks Gleber2, I am now off to lick my wounded sense of humour, dont hold your breath for any more postings from me.

Aw den den!!! Dinna be daft. As a certain lady recently posted,if ye give, be prepared to get.:Razz I never take your malicious digs personally and you shouldn't take mine that way either. It seems that one man's insult is another mans joke.:lol: Anyway, the only thing I complained about was the OWLD and, at my age, I couldnt really expect to be anything else so the humour should be obvious.

unicorn
23-Jul-06, 15:19
I think the ignore option is good if someone thinks they have sussed out who you are and continually pesters you with pm's. I have 1 on my list and it is for exactly that reason.

golach
23-Jul-06, 15:33
Aw den den!!! Dinna be daft. As a certain lady recently posted,if ye give, be prepared to get. I never take your malicious digs personally and you shouldn't take mine that way either. It seems that one man's insult is another mans joke. Anyway, the only thing I complained about was the OWLD and, at my age, I couldnt really expect to be anything else so the humour should be obvious.
You have to earn RESPECT from your elders, and respect them too[disgust]

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 16:00
You have to earn RESPECT from your elders, and respect them too[disgust]

Why?? Yah old git!!!!

Saveman
23-Jul-06, 16:11
If Rheghead is talking about the orger I'm thinking of then it would be a shame to not to see their posts.......some of the threads would just be one post after another by Jaws, debating with a phantom nemesis..... :)

I suspect this is just Rheghead's way of giving the forum a shot of virtual caffeine....he's very good at starting threads that make you say, "Hey, I gotta make a comment on that!"

Rheghead
23-Jul-06, 16:19
I suspect this is just Rheghead's way of giving the forum a shot of virtual caffeine....he's very good at starting threads that make you say, "Hey, I gotta make a comment on that!"

To quote you, 'Am I that predictable?' :D

btw, we are all someone else's oddball.

sjwahwah
23-Jul-06, 16:43
make for a tidier forum?.. like make for a tidier world if we just ignored the starving.. illiterate..mentally ill.. unlikeminded persons.. infirm or anyone else making your like inconvenient?.. separate the wheat from the chaffe? listen to yourself!

i would imagine if i put YOU on the ignore list then it would save me from scrolling through your arrogant, malthusian nazi poop from the mouth.

somebody please pm him for me!

Carlo Gambino
23-Jul-06, 16:48
Yes , I use the ignore option, theres 5-6 (no names) on this list.

Rheghead
23-Jul-06, 16:54
make for a tidier forum?.. like make for a tidier world if we just ignored the starving.. illiterate..mentally ill.. unlikeminded persons.. infirm or anyone else making your like inconvenient?.. separate the wheat from the chaffe? listen to yourself!

i would imagine if i put YOU on the ignore list then it would save me from scrolling through your arrogant, malthusian nazi poop from the mouth.

somebody please pm him for me!

No need to be insulting. Nazi? how dare you!![evil] Arrogant? Never!!

Go on, put me on your list, you are on mine from now on.

sjwahwah
23-Jul-06, 17:03
read what yer saying!!!! ye start threads to take a stab at people and you've gone too far! join the gingivitis crew.. couldna care less! but, I won't be ignoring you! anymore of yer arrogance ... malthusian nazism (tis what it is!) Mr. Inconvenience and I'll pull ya up for it! your so far gone.. you don't even realise how offensive the ol' separating the wheat from the chaffe post was!

if your happy with ignorance and apathy ... what a shame!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Jul-06, 17:14
Nobody on mine....enjoy the posts from all.It saves a fortune on Newspapers as a daily read o' the org means ye don't need to buy a daily newspaper or even the National Enquirer.Although still have to buy The Sun for Page Three.:lol: :lol:

fred
23-Jul-06, 18:30
It seems you have made an impression on rheghead, one way or another.;)

He worships me.

One o'clock on a Sunday morning when I'm just pulling myself wearily under the bedclothes and he's thinking of me.

I'm touched.

obiron
23-Jul-06, 18:50
I dont think its very polite to use the ignore facility. Granted sometimes you come across a post that makes you grrr. It still is a public forum and we are all entitled to voice our opinions even if we dont agree with posts it doesnt make it any less interesting. Besides if you dont like it scroll down.

Ricco
23-Jul-06, 19:37
I dont think its very polite to use the ignore facility. Granted sometimes you come across a post that makes you grrr. It still is a public forum and we are all entitled to voice our opinions even if we dont agree with posts it doesnt make it any less interesting. Besides if you dont like it scroll down.

That is one of the most sensible things I have heard. If you were in a pub or some other public place and you didn't like the conversation you would naturally move on to another, wouldn't you?

scorrie
23-Jul-06, 19:38
when I'm just pulling myself wearily under the bedclothes

Err, you might want to re-phrase that Fred ;o)

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 20:24
Err, you might want to re-phrase that Fred ;o):eek: I've just chocked on my coffee..lol :lol:

fred
23-Jul-06, 21:09
Err, you might want to re-phrase that Fred ;o)

Stolen from "Adolf Hitler, my part in his downfall" by Spike Milligan.

Maybe I should put it back before anyone notices it's missing.

krieve
23-Jul-06, 21:26
I don't have anyone on my ignore list, i have never really found a valid enough reason to stick anyone on it.:eek: If someone says something i don't agree with it doesn't mean to say i won't agree with them in future.:) so my ignore list is empty.

WeeBurd
23-Jul-06, 21:34
I'm too nosey to use the ignore button [para]. I think in some perverse way I actually enjoy reading posts that make me turn to whoever is in the room and say "Sheesh, what rubbish so-and-so spouts".[lol]

tip top
23-Jul-06, 21:41
No one on mine

Too scared to miss anything like the Fred>Scorrie>Connie19 razor sharp wit and repartee.

The pompous nature of some posts would lead you the suspect that some have not seen the sun for a long time due to the location of their heads.

:D

Bingobabe
23-Jul-06, 23:20
Nope dont use the ignore list or whatever it,s called i like a good debate now and again if some people dont get to personal and attack your character. I belive every one should express how they feel but within reason as you shouldnt judge a person you have no idea about. Anyway i am also to nosey to have an ignore list and cant keep my mouth shut about alot of things lol.[lol]

engiebenjy
23-Jul-06, 23:31
I have never used the ignore list. I have often read things that have made me think bad thoughts about the poster, and have posted about it. But, at the end of the day, it is a public forum, open for discussion, and the scroll button on my keyboard normally works fine. Somebody really has to get the hackles up before I reply about it - but that adds to the fun of the .org!!

Naefearjustbeer
23-Jul-06, 23:37
I didnt know we had one. Dont really need one for the net it is easy to skip past any bits I dont want/have time to read. If ony you could get such a facility for some of the numpties that I get the pleasure of meeting in the real world.

sassylass
24-Jul-06, 01:22
I've never needed to use the ignore list, though I can see the value in it for someone who was being pestered.

canuck
24-Jul-06, 01:34
I am going to experiment here and figure out what this friend/ignore list stuff is all about. For the next few days I am going to put Jaws and Connie on my friend list because I can be sure that they will post something. And because Cedric writes what I already think, I don't need to read his stuff so he is going on the ignore list. Please someone quote him so that I can see if his stuff shows up in the quote function even if I have him on ignore function.

Here goes!

Gleber2
24-Jul-06, 01:38
Nobody on mine....enjoy the posts from all.It saves a fortune on Newspapers as a daily read o' the org means ye don't need to buy a daily newspaper or even the National Enquirer.Although still have to buy The Sun for Page Three.:lol: :lol:

Only too pleased to quote Cedric, just for you Canuck.

canuck
24-Jul-06, 01:40
Only too pleased to quote Cedric, just for you Canuck.

Please try it again. I hadn't made the entry yet. And the friends are known as "buddies". Always learning!

Gleber2
24-Jul-06, 02:01

Only you can make the heavens bright!!!!

Chobbersjnr
24-Jul-06, 02:16
lmao this thread could me made into a comedy

ignore me, GO ON, ignore me

I don't say much anyway[lol]

am I wheat or am I chaffe..............that is the question

sjwahwah
24-Jul-06, 02:17
maybe we could start a chaffe army?

Chobbersjnr
24-Jul-06, 02:20
maybe we could start a chaffe army?

Seargent sjwahwah of the national chaffe army

"wait 120 seconds"

"12 seconds"

sjwahwah
24-Jul-06, 02:23
another good band name... only sargeant?:Razz

Chobbersjnr
24-Jul-06, 02:49
another good band name... only sargeant?:Razz

OK OK don't rep me or anything

JIZZOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh aye "sycophantic sheep"

ya dancer

sjwahwah
24-Jul-06, 02:56
*chuckles*

canuck
24-Jul-06, 04:06
Only you can make the heavens bright!!!!

Thanks G2 (as opposed to G8). I can still see Cedric in the quote. As for JAWS, there is a little + sign beside his name on the list of who is online.

canuck
24-Jul-06, 04:38
After 2 hours of this experiment I am prepared to report on my findings.

Even though I might be trying to ignore him, if Cedric had something exciting or controversial to say, I would read about it anyway when someone quoted him.

JAWS has been online now for awhile and has made at least one posting which I have read. There were no flashing lights or clanging of symbols to alert me to a post. His green light is not glowing any brighter than anyone elses. Just that little + sign beside his name. Well I don't need a little + sign to remind me who my friends are so I'm going to stop all this ignore and buddie stuff. Experiment is over. If I am invited to write it up for a journal somewhere, G2 I'll give you a note of credit and mention the support of JAWS, connieb19 and Cedric without whose incredible assistance I could not have completed my work.

phoenix
24-Jul-06, 10:09
I got no-one on my ignore list..........Anyone reading this? :Razz Oh well thats life! :~(

I thought you needed both wheat and chaffe.........you cant have one without the other can you?

MadPict
24-Jul-06, 10:44

The Buddy List is just a way to access those members who you might PM on a regular basis - like an address book. It can be viewed by going to your User CP. You can also 'mass PM' members on your Buddy List if needed.Their name is also indicated as being on your Buddy List by a small + next to it in the Active members log.

The Ignore List just makes that persons posts in a thread invisible should you not wish to read their contributions.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Jul-06, 14:33

Even though I might be trying to ignore him, if Cedric had something exciting or controversial to say, I would read about it anyway when someone quoted him.

JAWS has been online now for awhile and has made at least one posting which I have read. There were no flashing lights or clanging of symbols to alert me to a post. His green light is not glowing any brighter than anyone elses. Just that little + sign beside his name. Well I don't need a little + sign to remind me who my friends are so I'm going to stop all this ignore and buddie stuff. Experiment is over. If I am invited to write it up for a journal somewhere, G2 I'll give you a note of credit and mention the support of JAWS, connieb19 and Cedric without whose incredible assistance I could not have completed my work.

Thanks canuck,that was a harmless experiment.

Not like that night of 3 years ago,when I was walking home from the Waterfront,minding ma own business.

When suddenly........BBBBBBBBBBzzzzzzzzzz

A blinding light and the last thing I can remember is looking into the black oval eyes of another being.

Still to this day I cannae walk through a metal detector at an airport without setting off the alarm.

Ack I know,i'm slevering.Just ignore me!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

htwood
26-Jul-06, 19:57
I've never considered ignoring anyone on the boards. Would ruin the continuity of the conversations, plus everyone has the right to their opinion.

howevvvvver, I admit to hitting the ignore codes in the chat room a few times, but only when someone is realllly annoying and not joining in the general conversation of the room. Kinda like when a group of people is talking and laughing and just one person is singing really loudly to themselves.

highlander
26-Jul-06, 20:50
Awwwwwwww helen, and here was me thinking you enjoyed my singing lol lol

htwood
26-Jul-06, 23:43
LOL highlander I love your singing! I was talkin about someone who couldnt carry a tune in a wooden bucket LOL

No no, really, I meant like if someone in chat room is not chatting they are just typing weird stuff, non sequitors, and we've tried for awhile to engage them in a chat.

OK now, cmon and sing for us. awww cmooooonnnn.

Oddquine
27-Jul-06, 00:03
Have to admit I wasn't aware there was an ignore option.....though if I was, there wouldn't be anyone on it.

I was on one forum where I used it....in order to stop me reacting to a troll in all his identities and feeding him......I have no will power, you see!

canuck
27-Jul-06, 01:30
howevvvvver, I admit to hitting the ignore codes in the chat room a few times, but only when someone is realllly annoying and not joining in the general conversation of the room.

Another learning moment. I didn't know that there was an ignore function in the chat room. Cedric do you want to volunteer to join us there sometime so I can check it out?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
27-Jul-06, 01:36
Another learning moment. I didn't know that there was an ignore function in the chat room. Cedric do you want to volunteer to join us there sometime so I can check it out?

Sorry canuck,my friend,I cannae go into the chat room as ma AOL Browser won't let me.But Niall told me if ye get another browser then my chances are far better.It begins wi 'm' but I cannae remember.Can ye help me oot!!!!:lol: :lol:

canuck
27-Jul-06, 01:46
Sorry canuck,my friend,I cannae go into the chat room as ma AOL Browser won't let me.But Niall told me if ye get another browser then my chances are far better.It begins wi 'm' but I cannae remember.Can ye help me oot!!!!:lol: :lol:

Yes, that's right what Niall says. I use Internet Explorer. The people who use firefox say that it does not work too well. I'll get one of the moderators in the chat room to explain the ignore feature. Thanks for your support.