PDA

View Full Version : Crooks on the org

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 13:53
WARNING
Please be careful when buying goods of the forum as crooks are desperate for extra cash.

upolian
23-Sep-10, 13:57
Random....has something happened??

Rictina
23-Sep-10, 14:08
This is not good. [evil]

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 14:13
A friend of mine bought a phone off an orger for good money. Then the seller reported it stolen/lost and the phone was blocked.
The person concerned as yet to agree to pay my friend back.

NickInTheNorth
23-Sep-10, 14:16
Your friend may wish to point out to the seller that they have committed a fraud and that they will be reported to the police unless the matter is resolved immediately.

Really they ought to be reported anyway, but that is upto your friend.

changilass
23-Sep-10, 15:29
As Nick says, they need to be reported, what the have done is not just wrong, but illegal.

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 15:33
They have been given 3 choices 1 is the police.

Logical
23-Sep-10, 15:46
And the other two....??

annemarie482
23-Sep-10, 15:55
at least if they contacted throught the org there will be some proof of the buyer enquiring for his defence?!

sorry, thats assuming reported to police, or was it just reported to network provider?

annemarie482
23-Sep-10, 16:00
A friend of mine bought a phone off an orger for good money. Then the seller reported it stolen/lost and the phone was blocked.
The person concerned as yet to agree to pay my friend back.

also, just a thought, maybe the seller didn't report it stolen.......
maybe he stole it from someone else to steal and they reported it?!

Commore
23-Sep-10, 16:06
WARNING
Please be careful when buying goods of the forum as crooks are desperate for extra cash.

There are crooks in every walk of life, in every area, however, there are also genuine sellers and I see this post not so much as a "warning" as a scaremongering tactic for whatever reason,

also the whole country is in a state of turmoil and uncertaintity and I believe that most people are aware of the dangers of buying from others on the net,

"the org" may very well have it's fair share of rogues, but it is not alone in this problem

upolian
23-Sep-10, 16:08
Name and shame to prevent this happening again!

annemarie482
23-Sep-10, 16:09
i agree commore, you know this is a possibility with anything you buy unfortunately, but especially second hand!!

S&LHEN
23-Sep-10, 16:18
Thats awful!! It shows the times were living in, I cant believe someone did this its like something you would see on the real hustle... i sometimes think these programmes can be quite bad as they give stupid people bad ideas!!!

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 17:21
There are crooks in every walk of life, in every area, however, there are also genuine sellers and I see this post not so much as a "warning" as a scaremongering tactic for whatever reason,

also the whole country is in a state of turmoil and uncertaintity and I believe that most people are aware of the dangers of buying from others on the net,

"the org" may very well have it's fair share of rogues, but it is not alone in this problem

It still does not do any harm to refresh peoples memories about these crooks.

Mystical Potato Head
23-Sep-10, 17:29
WARNING

Well i've never come across a crook that would offer you discount.:roll:

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 17:53
Well i've never come across a crook that would offer you discount.:roll:

Well said:lol::lol:

Rictina
23-Sep-10, 19:37
I dont know about anyone else but I see the members on the org as my cyber family, so I find it quite shocking to hear that someone would stoop so low to a fellow orger.

Dadie
23-Sep-10, 19:38
The last few things I have "sold" on here have been in regard to a wanted plea.
And in both cases have swapped goods rather than cash.

Someone wanted lavender, I, got a lovely lavender pouch.
Someone wanted videos, I, got veg!

I have bought a few things from the for sale forum and have not had any problems but if you have any doubts its time to say thanks but no thanks before parting with the cash!

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 21:00
These people are professional crooks, and as such are very convincing.

Rictina
23-Sep-10, 21:32
Joboco I'm so sorry to hear this, even the best are taken in by these types.

Vistravi
23-Sep-10, 21:36
You do have to be careful when buying from people. Make sure it works and is what they said it was before you part with money.

I've always found it a postive experience buying from orgers. Just today i bought my mum's christmas present from a orger and anoter orger has a really cool light fitting that when my son goes into his own room will be the lighting in there, set aside for me til she's back from holiday. I'd been struggling to get through to wick to pick it up so its really good she's willing to keep it for me til i can get through.

Joboco
23-Sep-10, 21:51
That good to hear. I know most people are good honest folk, but every barrel as scum on the bottom.

Vistravi
23-Sep-10, 22:00
That good to hear. I know most people are good honest folk, but every barrel as scum on the bottom.

Aye the dregs at the bottom have to be watched. You don't use the dregs if you can help it.

Logical
24-Sep-10, 12:04
I don't trust anyone with less than 242 posts, by the time they have this many posts they will have built up a bit of a reputation for them self and quite a few people know who they are.

changilass
24-Sep-10, 13:14
The problem with that Logical, is that if they sell things and the item is then removed, so is the post count.

This means that unless they are regular posters on sections other than classified, their post count will never reach that high.

Dadie
24-Sep-10, 13:51
I didnt realise the post count drops when the posts have been removed because things have been sold!
Learn something new....etc...

Logical
24-Sep-10, 17:06
The problem with that Logical, is that if they sell things and the item is then removed, so is the post count.

This means that unless they are regular posters on sections other than classified, their post count will never reach that high.

But people like you and me have a decent post count and post in the general section. We are the trustworthy ones, I'm always careful about buying from a new member or member with less than 20 posts.

Commore
24-Sep-10, 20:07
But people like you and me have a decent post count and post in the general section. We are the trustworthy ones, I'm always careful about buying from a new member or member with less than 20 posts.

Does that mean that a person who has say only ten posts, is "potentially untrustworthy" ?

What a welcome for newcomers (genuine or otherwise) to our large cyber family,

:~( sad state of affairs.

Logical
24-Sep-10, 20:13
[/b][/i]

Does that mean that a person who has say only ten posts, is "potentially untrustworthy" ?

What a welcome for newcomers (genuine or otherwise) to our large cyber family,

:~( sad state of affairs.

Yes, I didn't expect anything more when I joined last month.:(

I just recommend being a little more cautious when buying from a new member rather than a 1K .Orger who's name you always see about the forum.

Other than that, new blood to the .Org is a great thing.

Vistravi
24-Sep-10, 21:01
Yes, I didn't expect anything more when I joined last month.:(

I just recommend being a little more cautious when buying from a new member rather than a 1K .Orger who's name you always see about the forum.

Other than that, new blood to the .Org is a great thing.

I personally don't think that works too well on the org as you take everyone with a pinch of salt. You always make sure it works and is what they said it was.

What you do works very well on ebay. I don't buy from sellers who don't have almost a hundred percent feedback. If they don't have a hundred percent feedback but as 99. something i go and look at what people have said and make my descion that way.

On the org you can do it at face value but on ebay its through figures for safety and reassurance.

Rictina
24-Sep-10, 22:13

Im with you on this Logical.

Logical
26-Sep-10, 14:16
Im with you on this Logical.

Thank you.....

Good to know there are other highly educated people with brilliant and respectable views here, I thought it was just me for a while.

changilass
26-Sep-10, 14:37
Was your last purchase a trumpet by any chance logical? :lol:

EDDIE
27-Sep-10, 07:05
Thank you.....

Good to know there are other highly educated people with brilliant and respectable views here, I thought it was just me for a while.

i cant see any difference from buying something of an orger or ebay or even an add in the local paper the only difference if you buy something of an orger or in the paper you can go and check it out what ever it is your buying less chance of being conned.

Logical
01-Oct-10, 21:29
i cant see any difference from buying something of an orger or ebay or even an add in the local paper the only difference if you buy something of an orger or in the paper you can go and check it out what ever it is your buying less chance of being conned.

With Ebay if you know what you are doing then you get buyer protecion, many of the sales here are based on trust.

And thank you all for your kind words of support:lol:

EDDIE
01-Oct-10, 22:22
With Ebay if you know what you are doing then you get buyer protecion, many of the sales here are based on trust.

And thank you all for your kind words of support:lol:

If your buying of an orger and you go to view the item your eyes are your merchant

octane
31-Oct-11, 11:33
Ive asked admin to setup a trader rating system on the org a few times. Theres a plugin for V-bulletin called Itrader which allows members to leave feedback on transactions. Pretty simple and basic setup and works well. Theres a lot of buying/selling on here so cant see why they wont implement it into the org.

Cant take anything for granted and alway check the item is what your expecting before handing over money to a stranger.

Admin any feedback as to why you dont wanna add this feature to the org? :confused

I know its not ebay here but its still a community and will hopefully deter from dodgy goings on.

I took a screenshot of trader system and blacked out members names to show how it looks

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Feesty/ITRADER-2.jpg

Bazeye
31-Oct-11, 19:27
I don't trust anyone with less than 242 posts, by the time they have this many posts they will have built up a bit of a reputation for them self and quite a few people know who they are.

Nobody knows who I am.

starfish
31-Oct-11, 19:32
just get a receipt from a seller if they will not give one be wary problem solved if they had stole it then they would get done for handling stolen good if they had not stole it then it would be fraud either way they are snookered

31-Oct-11, 21:21
Not quite sure why a thread from well over a year ago is being dragged up again now.

Post reported for attention of Admin/Mods. Thread closed.