PDA

View Full Version : cat found

pink85
22-Sep-10, 19:34
A Black and White cat has been found in the borrowston/thrumster area, fully grown, very friendly, would think its a house cat, if anyone thinks this is their cat or if anyone would like to adopt it please pm me or leave comment.

Liz
22-Sep-10, 19:53
Well done for taking care of the cat.

Have you contacted Cats Protection and the SSPCA? Also, worth checking with the Vets Surgery as missing cats are often reported there.

Here's hoping it's owner comes forward soon.

pink85
22-Sep-10, 20:08
no havnt tried cats protection yet thought id try here first, never thought about the vets, thanks will try there too. yeah hoping someone is looking for it and it hasnt just been dumped :(

K.B
22-Sep-10, 22:23
does he have a blue collar on with a bell???we have had a cat down at our house in thrumster for the past 5-6weeks?! did ask on here but got no response....if its the same cat he is very friendly but beats up my cat lol. i dont think much of the cats protection we had a cat outside my work that had 4 kittens and all they did was nueter the mother and just leave the kittens running wild, they asked us if any of us wanted them to just take them which i thought is a bit sad as they are now ferel(or however you spell it) its worth a try thought to see if they do anything for him?!:D

KCI
22-Sep-10, 22:46
K.B - can I just ask, if you are not impressed with Cats Protection, have you ever thought of offering to help out?

It's so easy to complain about animal charities, but it's not so easy to get involved yourself.

Do you have any info about the Caithness branch of Cats Protection? Do you know how many cats/kittens they have to take in to foster homes each week? Do you know how hard it is for the volunteers, to have to leave certain cats outside, as they have nowhere to put them?

I'm sure if you contact them they would be glad of your help.

Liz
22-Sep-10, 22:54
Very well said KCI.

All CP were probably able to do in the circumstances would be to spay the mother to stop any more litters and perhaps they had no room for the kittens who couldn't be spayed until they were six months old.

I really do feel that we rely far too much on other people to sort out problems rather than be pro-active.

The volunteers with CP work extremely hard despite holding down jobs etc and are not paid for this.

Perhaps, as KCI said, you could offer to help them K.B?
With re to the 'feral' kittens why don't you ask CP for a trap so they can be caught and taken to the Vets to be neutered if they are old enough now?
Otherwise they are just going to breed and before long there will loads of kittens.:confused

The Flower Patch
23-Sep-10, 15:24
To be honest KCI id love to help out but having 3 cats already is a little bit too much to handle!
im sorry if that came across wrong but as i said they may be more help to the cat found in that area...im just telling of my experience in the matter but once again everyones opinions are criticised!?

K.B
23-Sep-10, 15:35
signed into the wrong account there....
i really do apologise if it was put accross wrong the couple that came here to get the mother of the kittens were really nice and very helpful i would have taken all 5 of them, kittens and mother, home but as i said previously 3 is enough atm.i would have every stray that crossed my path but they are alot of hard work, i think the people involved are wonderful in the jobs they do to help as this is what we need. its like everything though you hear good and bad reports.
sorry to have offended anyone!:~(

Liz
23-Sep-10, 18:49
K.B you don't need to foster cats in order help Cats Protection.:D

KCI and I were both volunteers with CP for a long time and know from experience how much hard work and stress this can involve. Especially when only a few volunteers have to share the work load.:(
With their being so many strays they don't always have enough room and,as KCI said,it is extremely difficult having to turn some away simply because there is nowhere to put them:~(

I know you didn't mean any offence but your comments "I don't think much of the Cats Protection" was actually quite hurtful knowing that the volunteers do their best under very difficult circumstances.

Still it was very good of you to apologise so thanks for that.

Are the kittens still at your workplace? If so it would be good if you could catch them to get them spayed.

K.B
23-Sep-10, 20:44
i havent seen them there as im just back from maternity leave so they must have taken off somewhere i would of had them all in a heartbeat!im sorry to have said that in that way i should have worded it better!?i just assumed the kittens would be taken away n rehomed but on saying that its not easy rehoming animals which is a shame. i would love to help but we have so many animals with living on a farm and a young one to look after

Liz
23-Sep-10, 23:20
i havent seen them there as im just back from maternity leave so they must have taken off somewhere i would of had them all in a heartbeat!im sorry to have said that in that way i should have worded it better!?i just assumed the kittens would be taken away n rehomed but on saying that its not easy rehoming animals which is a shame. i would love to help but we have so many animals with living on a farm and a young one to look after

Aw I know what you mean. If I had the room I'd have them all as well!:lol:

Do you know you can help without being on a committee ie fundraising? I am sure they would be grateful for any help you can give.

No hard feelings?

K.B
24-Sep-10, 08:08
none at all :D
erm i cant think of anyone at the moment but will keep my eye out for someone and get in touch!:)