PDA

View Full Version : moderator is at it again

coupe665
22-Sep-10, 11:14
yet again the MODERATOR is on a power trip and again he,s removed my adds even thought they all confirm to the site rules i,m sick o this guy and his power trips i,m looking for back up on this as he will remove or close this thread to

every single thing i do on here he has a problem with he,s racist towards me for being english

if this is removed i,m going to the local rags about the idiot

BACK ME UP GUYS IF HE CLOSE,S THIS THHREAD START MORE GOING ITS ABOUT TIME HIS POWER TRIP IS STOPPED AND LET THE SITE RUN AS IT SHOULD BE

Kodiak
22-Sep-10, 11:19
Go Away and read the Rules.!!

I hope this silly thread is Removed ASAP!!

shazzap
22-Sep-10, 11:20
I don't think it s because you are English.
I have had an infarction for posting an ad in more then one section.
If i had read all the rules i would have known not to.
Other than this i have not had any problems with any mods, and i am English.

ducati
22-Sep-10, 11:37
How does he know you are English?

golach
22-Sep-10, 11:37
another dummy and toy thrower having a tantrum. Well done Mods

Alice in Blunderland
22-Sep-10, 11:38
It can be frustrating when you feel that you are being picked on but take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard. :)

There is more than one moderator logging in and monitoring this site.

They are a few members who log in and monitor what is being posted and apply the rules which are set out. It is not necessarily the same person each time who is noticing what you have posted or done.

As for the racist because I am English accusation :roll: I dont think so.
The racist accusation should not be thrown around as loosely as I have seen it in the last couple of threads that you have posted as this is truly demeaning to those who truly suffer from racism.

Take it on the chin get back to posting and taking part in the discussions.
If you don't like how the site is being moderated then you have the choice to become a member of the many other forums that are on the internet open for new members. :)

saxovtr
22-Sep-10, 11:38
How does he know you are English?
super internet skillz http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0024.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-laughing-smileys.php)

Niall Fernie
22-Sep-10, 11:47
Coupe665, you have recently had two duplicate posts removed from the classified ads with one of them being a firearm which we do not allow on our site.

The individual ads may conform to site rules but the duplicates break this rule:

Duplicate Posting
Our forum is a fairly neat and tidy place (makes it easier to use). However, some users feel that in order to get their point across, they should post their views more than once. This does nothing but clog up our system with useless duplicates and hence will not be tolerated.

Also, you made an accusation about the moderator being racist against English people but at no point in the past (as far as I can see) have you mentioned that you are English. How would the moderator know this? Perhaps you think they simply assumed you were English in the same way you assumed they were male.

So, the only posts that have been removed are the duplicates and the rest remain in tact.

I would be happy for you to approach the local paper if you so wish and I'd be happy to let them see your duplicate posts that we still have in our administration section. I can also show them the administration logs which shows where they were removed from and the date/time of the action.

Corrie 3
22-Sep-10, 11:56
When you are welcomed into someones house you abide by their rules, the same go's for Forum's....Abide by the rules and there is no problem!!
As for the racist bit, I think you are just trying to stir up trouble, it wont work....so go away and grow up will you??
C3....[evil]

sandyr1
22-Sep-10, 12:02
yet again the MODERATOR is on a power trip and again he,s removed my adds even thought they all confirm to the site rules i,m sick o this guy and his power trips i,m looking for back up on this as he will remove or close this thread to

every single thing i do on here he has a problem with he,s racist towards me for being english

BACK ME UP GUYS IF HE CLOSE,S THIS THHREAD START MORE GOING ITS ABOUT TIME HIS POWER TRIP IS STOPPED AND LET THE SITE RUN AS IT SHOULD BE

As I said in a previous msg after your previous post(RANT)...You know what to do!!! Bye

Happy Guy
22-Sep-10, 12:08
When you are welcomed into someones house you abide by their rules, the same go's for Forum's....Abide by the rules and there is no problem!!
As for the racist bit, I think you are just trying to stir up trouble, it wont work....so go away and grow up will you??
C3....[evil]

I couldnt agree more Corrie! I hve experienced nothing but help, courtesy and support from Mods and from Orgmeister Bill. AND im English. There is NO racisim here, and OP, have you not considered at some of the Mods might even be English themselves, and that might not have ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING?

Maz
22-Sep-10, 12:14
Agreed - rules are there for a reason regardless of what they affect, full stop.

Scarybiscuits03
22-Sep-10, 12:21
Hee hee he/she seems to have gone very quiet!
That was a giggle not a stutter! lol

gleeber
22-Sep-10, 12:41
I used to be a mod. Theyre as bad as the rest of you. Always at each others throats. Someones got to do it though.
The orgs not a democracy but its got to function otherwise it would be anarchy and wouldnt last half an hour.
Internet forums display petty human behaviour perfectly. Were all capable of its nonsense. It's part of being human.
Enjoy it. :lol:

Alba.gu.brath
22-Sep-10, 12:43
I had a post removed but that was because i posted it in two sections without reading the rules it was my fault i dont claim it was due to me speaking Gaelic or being an Sgitheanach!!!

Thumper
22-Sep-10, 12:52
For goodness sake why are people having a pop at the mods and the owners lately? The org is a good as WE make it,if we all come on an moan and whine of course the place is going to be boring! Lots of people use the org,and we all missed it when it was taken down(dont you all remember that?) IF you dont like the way it is moderated or run the problem is solved very simply....dont use the org,and let those who do want to, carry on in peace without all the petty snivelling posts about who did what to who and why :roll: x

Gronnuck
22-Sep-10, 12:53
I am really be impressed that the moderators knew you were English; that is amazing. They must have powers beyond us mere mortals. I wonder if they can tell me where I mislaid my car keys? :confused

Tubthumper
22-Sep-10, 12:59
... why are people having a pop at the mods and the owners lately?
I've noticed that as well. Seems almost like a conspiracy... :eek:

tonkatojo
22-Sep-10, 13:21
This clip should be studied by both the mods and ordinary orgers LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Walter Ego
22-Sep-10, 13:33
I've noticed that as well. Seems almost like a conspiracy... :eek:

....usually brought to life by inept people who have no lives and vent their frustration by raging against 'them' and 'the powers that be'.

The world is not your friend, you anti-.Org whingers. As someone said earlier - go and start your own forum if you think you can do better.

Mwuwhawhahwa[lol]

sandyr1
22-Sep-10, 14:47
This clip should be studied by both the mods and ordinary orgers LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Very good/ just luv it!

Metalattakk
22-Sep-10, 14:51
I am really be impressed that the moderators knew you were English; that is amazing.

Maybe the OP types with an English accent?

"'Cor blimey guvnor, I've got a right Geoff Hurst. Lucky I've got a Lady Godiva in me sky rocket, I'm off dahn the rub-a-dub for a couple of Dame Edna's..." etc., etc., etc.

billmoseley
22-Sep-10, 14:56
all i can say about this site is that i'm english and have been made to feel nothing but welcome on here by everyone as i suspect any other english person has been. in fact even off here the wife and i have been made to feel welcome by the whole community. if you feel picked on you can always go back down south

rich
22-Sep-10, 15:04
All right, I've had enough of this thread.
I an going to set T. S. Eliot on you.
(Maniacal laugh!!!!)

http://copperbadge.livejournal.com/3102544.html

rich
22-Sep-10, 15:13
So you thought I was going to end on that note? (Further maniacal laughter!!!)
Here's the whole thing set to music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXsItbsr4o0&feature=related

DeHaviLand
22-Sep-10, 17:49

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out. You'll be missed, but not by many :roll:

John Little
22-Sep-10, 17:59
Seems to me that this is all about Mods and Rockers.

Break the rules, attack the Mods and you're off your Rockers.

Simples! :Razz

sharona
22-Sep-10, 18:10
i am english i am pick on by the mod as well people put there is this that and the other i put mine is sex i got a good warnin for that sex is not swearin or any thing else sex is nature so wat did do wrong

John Little
22-Sep-10, 18:14
You might be English. So am I and I can tell you that what you have put there is not English.

What are you saying?

I'm not taking the mick - I don't understand a word.

Must be my age

Corrie 3
22-Sep-10, 18:15
so wat did do wrong
Breath???????

C3....:confused:confused:confused

Mystical Potato Head
22-Sep-10, 18:44
i am english i am pick on by the mod as well people put there is this that and the other i put mine is sex i got a good warnin for that sex is not swearin or any thing else sex is nature so wat did do wrong

What did you do wrong?

why not read what you wrote n see if it make any sens cause it sure ass hell make no sens 2 me atall an i read it a least 3 tims now and i still cant c wat youare tryin to say

dragonfly
22-Sep-10, 19:30
infraction heading your way MPH cos you've double posted but then again you're scottish so will be let off with it ;)

as for the OP - stop moaning over nothing far more important things to be complaining about than being picked on cos you are English! You're making a an issue out of your nationality nobody else

as my kids would say "grow a pair" and move on..........

btw I'm not racist against English as I am one (well English born but most definately Scottish bred) I just don't admit it very often!

Mystical Potato Head
22-Sep-10, 19:35
infraction heading your way MPH cos you've double posted but then again you're scottish so will be let off with it ;)

as for the OP - stop moaning over nothing far more important things to be complaining about than being picked on cos you are English! You're making a an issue out of your nationality nobody else

as my kids would say "grow a pair" and move on..........

btw I'm not racist against English as I am one but don't admit it very often!

Oooops,sorted.:lol: Cheers.

Invisible
22-Sep-10, 20:11
The op hasnt gave this thread much attention lately, maybe he is lost in the flashchat realm

lhm
22-Sep-10, 20:48
It is quite simple if you do not like what is happening on the site then leave i have never had any problems with it if you stick to the rules so take the hint and go.

Bazeye
22-Sep-10, 20:51
btw I'm not racist against English as I am one (well English born but most definately Scottish bred) I just don't admit it very often!
Youre lucky, Im hovering in the no mans land that is Cumbria.

John Little
22-Sep-10, 20:54
Furness used to be Lancashire..... eeeee bah gum!

Rheghead
22-Sep-10, 20:56
Furness used to be Lancashire..... eeeee bah gum!

It still is part of Lancashire but it now comes under the administrative county called Cumbria.

John Little
22-Sep-10, 21:01
It still is part of Lancashire but it now comes under the administrative county called Cumbria.

Aha! Typical British compromise!

So it's Furness that is the nomans' land.

And Cumbria used to be Scotland....

Rheghead
22-Sep-10, 21:05
Aha! Typical British compromise!

So it's Furness that is the nomans' land.

And Cumbria used to be Scotland....

Correct

Anything north of Dunmail Raise was in Scotland according to William the conquerer's inventory afaik.

shazzap
22-Sep-10, 21:16

Your English?

Corrie 3
22-Sep-10, 21:21
Your English?
I think its known as "Broken English"...as in "me know understand".....

C3.....:lol::lol::lol:

Logical
22-Sep-10, 21:22
You might be English. So am I and I can tell you that what you have put there is not English.

What are you saying?

I'm not taking the mick - I don't understand a word.

Must be my age

Amen my brova ;)

shazzap
22-Sep-10, 21:28
[quote=Corrie 3;764127]I think its known as "Broken English"...as in "me know understand".....

C3/quote]

Sounds to me like some one taking the preverbial.[lol][lol][lol]

John Little
22-Sep-10, 21:29
Correct

Anything north of Dunmail Raise was in Scotland according to William the conquerer's inventory afaik.

Does this mean I is Scottish?

Rheghead
22-Sep-10, 21:31
Does this mean I is Scottish?

You can be anything you want to be.

John Little
22-Sep-10, 21:37
You can be anything you want to be.

Right. I am President of the United States.

The troops come home tomorrow.

Corrie 3
22-Sep-10, 21:42
Right. I am President of the United States.

The troops come home tomorrow.
I am president of Wick Academy FC with £50 milllion to spend on new players!!!

C3....:roll::roll::roll:

John Little
22-Sep-10, 21:46
I am president of Wick Academy FC with £50 milllion to spend on new players!!!

C3....:roll::roll::roll:

Not a committee member of WADF?

Very exclusive.......

Ricco
26-Sep-10, 10:58
Well done the mods. Its nice to see that the rules are being upheld. These days people are so used to being able to bluster about getting their own way. I, for one, do not to find ads (that's with one 'd', by the way) in any other section except where they belong. I also do not expect to see more that one ad for each product.

Ricco
26-Sep-10, 11:06

I must confess that it took me a long time to unpick the exact meaning of what has been typed here - and even then I still am sitting here bemused by what can only be the ranting of someone outside the best part of a bottle of something alchoholic.

Also, there seems to be some misunderstanding about how to use "quotes" correctly. The response ends up corrupting the quote.

Bazeye
26-Sep-10, 11:40
I still am sitting here bemused by what can only be the ranting of someone outside the best part of a bottle of something alchoholic.

And the rest.

crayola
26-Sep-10, 17:03
Also, there seems to be some misunderstanding about how to use "quotes" correctly. The response ends up corrupting the quote.This drives me nuts too. Could some kind techy soul please post an explanation of how to edit posts and PMs without messing up who said what?

It's not difficult. Even I can do it but I will probably use the wrong technical words if I try to explain it.

Bobinovich
26-Sep-10, 18:37
I sorta did a while back C - it's a sticky in the Testing Ground - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=67411

Kevin Milkins
26-Sep-10, 19:04
I sorta did a while back C - it's a sticky in the Testing Ground - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=67411

Thanks for that ,Bob.

When did Percy get banned? I thought it was quiet about here lately.

crayola
26-Sep-10, 19:56
Thanks for your reply Bob but that isn't what I meant. I was meaning posts in which people quote a post or PM and edit it to pick out something they want to reply to. They don't start the quoted text with 'quote' in square brackets and end it with '/quote' in square brackets.

I know there's a way to put the 'quote' in square brackets without it turning the following text into a 'quote' but I can't remember how to do it.

Bobinovich
26-Sep-10, 23:22
Grrr, I did have a new thread for the Testing Ground on the subject but it just disappeared on me :(. The simple answer when using the Quote or Multi-Quote functions is to ensure you keep the square bracketed sections intact - put the one with the OP's name/post number in before the section you want to quote, and the one with the slash quote at the end of the section.

If you want to quote multiple parts then you need to start and finish each section with the two square bracketed sections. i.e...

http://www.caithnesshost.co.uk/quote.jpg

& so on. Hope that explains it :D

Rheghead
27-Sep-10, 09:03
[QUOTE=Bobinovich;765611]Grrr, I did have a new thread for the Testing Ground on the subject but it just disappeared on me . The simple answer when using the Quote or Multi-Quote functions is to ensure you keep the square bracketed sections intact - put the one with the OP's name/post number in before the section you want to quote, and the one with the slash quote at the end of the section.

If you want to quote multiple parts then you need to start and finish each section with the two square bracketed sections. i.e...

& so on. Hope that explains it :D[/QU

Cheers. Thanks for that! :p

crayola
02-Oct-10, 02:03
Grrr, I did have a new thread for the Testing Ground on the subject but it just disappeared on me :(. The simple answer when using the Quote or Multi-Quote functions is to ensure you keep the square bracketed sections intact - put the one with the OP's name/post number in before the section you want to quote, and the one with the slash quote at the end of the section.

& so on. Hope that explains it :D
Thanks Bob.

That works on the forum but a more complex problem is with PMs that people edit to get rid of old stuff in replies to replies to replies to ............

Like this......

Hello SomeOneElse.

C x

Hello Crayola, I like sausages. Do you?
Oh yes, I love sausages. Do you prefer them grilled or fried?

C x

Grilled. Obviously.

I tried to explain the rules in this post but you can probably do it better than I can.

Bobinovich
02-Oct-10, 11:31
Ah you’re meaning nested quotes - I’ve colour coded the sections below you would remove if you were editing out one or more parts. However I would always use the Preview Post button to make sure I’d got it right, before then using the Submit Reply button.

http://www.caithnesshost.co.uk/quote2.jpg

Hope that makes sense lol!

crayola
02-Oct-10, 12:28
Ah you’re meaning nested quotes - I’ve colour coded the sections below you would remove if you were editing out one or more parts. However I would always use the Preview Post button to make sure I’d got it right, before then using the Submit Reply button.

http://www.caithnesshost.co.uk/quote2.jpg

Hope that makes sense lol!
That's fabulous Bob. Thank you.

I tried to explain it with words and examples but it was not clear and I gave up. Your use of colour is good. :o)

Walter Ego
02-Oct-10, 15:46
That's fabulous Bob. Thank you.

I tried to explain it with words and examples but it was not clear and I gave up. Your use of colour is good. :o)

No help whatsoever.

Another example of how people in Caithness are prejudiced against those of us who are color blind.

cherokee
02-Oct-10, 15:56
No help whatsoever.

Another example of how people in Caithness are prejudiced against those of us who are color blind.

Sorry have I missed something here???? ....................................:eek:

Mystical Potato Head
02-Oct-10, 16:37
No help whatsoever.

No,its just another case of someone trying to help.Nothing prejudiced about it.Does the print size mean its prejudiced against those of us who require reading glasses and would prefer the letters a little or in some cases a lot larger.

changilass
02-Oct-10, 16:58
I think there has been a sense of humour bypass :lol:

Mystical Potato Head
02-Oct-10, 17:03
I think there has been a sense of humour bypass :lol:

Apparently there obviously has been :lol:

oldmarine
03-Oct-10, 14:37
This is a Moderator doing his job. Don't be such a cry baby.

Logical
03-Oct-10, 17:36
No help whatsoever.

People must finish comments like this with a "lol" or " :lol: " so we know they are kidding.

I have learnt it only ends in tears and bad rep.