PDA

View Full Version : Tugmistress can you do a forcast please

Kodiak
16-Sep-10, 14:04
Hi Tugs.

I am driving to and from Inverness on Saturday 18th September.

Can you please advise me what you think the Weather will be like for Saturday. Will I need a Brolly or will it get blown inside out if I do use one.

Thanking you in advance

Kodiak

Logical
16-Sep-10, 14:16
Why are you asking on here?
Can you not use Caithness Weather or the BBC?

tonkatojo
16-Sep-10, 14:30

Ignorance is bliss,I suppose. LOL.:roll:
others will explain.:lol:

changilass
16-Sep-10, 14:37
Maybe he is asking her because Tuggs is the Org's very own weather girl.

I would ask on here too.

DeHaviLand
16-Sep-10, 14:39
Hi Tugs.

I am driving to and from Inverness on Saturday 18th September.

Can you please advise me what you think the Weather will be like for Saturday. Will I need a Brolly or will it get blown inside out if I do use one.

Thanking you in advance

Kodiak

You will definitely not need a brolly while driving.:roll::lol:

Logical
16-Sep-10, 14:50
Maybe he is asking her because Tuggs is the Org's very own weather girl.

I would ask on here too.

OK, I am still clearly a newbie here then:confused....
I will watch and learn....
Sorry...

teddybear1873
16-Sep-10, 15:36
Tug's, you should do a daily forecast on youtube. You might make a few bob. Then rename your website, www.youtugs.com.

davem
16-Sep-10, 15:45
I saw an e-mail where Tugs was described as "controller of caithness weather" - we just thought the forecasts were good!
Been busy the last few days Tugs?

Dadie
16-Sep-10, 15:45
Tuggs weather forecasts are more accurate than others for up here!
More local than the general overview we usually get!

unicorn
16-Sep-10, 17:34
Can I have Saturday and Sunday please Tuggs, got sponsored dog walk on Sunday and getting distinctly nervous with the weather.

orkneycadian
16-Sep-10, 18:05
Sure the dog won't be giving a monkeys about the weather if a walks on the cards! Get out there and do it anyway! - Folk have sponsored you to for charity presumably? You're not going to let them down over a bit of wind and rain surely?

Agree with not needing an umbrella for a drive to Inversneck - Not unless you drive an open top do you?

unicorn
16-Sep-10, 19:19
I have absolutely no intention of cancelling under any circumstances but it is nice to know what to expect to wear, there are people from as far afield as Manchester taking part and I would like to be able to let them know what to take with them also.

Tugmistress
16-Sep-10, 23:03
Sorry for the late reply, been to wick with better half to pick up a vehicle on the trailer.

anyways,
saturday ......
wind = starting as a breeze around 20mph from the north about 6am, easing off as the day goes on
showers on and off all day, mostly light though
maximum of about 10c
kodiak, inverness will be a little less windy than here, i'd just take a kagoul (sp?) and not bother with a brolly.

sunday
wind = what wind?
showers again maybe ? but nothing like the dumpings we have had the last few days!
max temp again around 10c if we're lucky!

hope that helps you guys out :D

Tugmistress
16-Sep-10, 23:04
I saw an e-mail where Tugs was described as "controller of caithness weather" - we just thought the forecasts were good!
Been busy the last few days Tugs?

hahaha the word 'website' was missed out, but it gave us all a laugh though :lol:

Kodiak
16-Sep-10, 23:08
Thank You VERY Much Tugs. I knew I could rely on you for an accurate Forcast.

I will not be outside for long in Inverness but at the speed I walk it seems a long time and I do not want to get wet.

You are a Angel Tugs :D:D:D

Tugmistress
16-Sep-10, 23:11
No problem Kodiak, anytime, you all know that :D

Tugmistress
16-Sep-10, 23:28

My Caithness Weather site just displays live weather data from the 4 stations around the county, whereas i taught myself to read some publicly available charts and worked out which set of charts was the most accurate for up here. if anyone asks i will give a personalised forecast, or, if i see anything 'interesting' weather wise coming up in the next 5 days i will give a general warning to stow away trampolines or tie down wannabe escapee wheelie bins etc lol
it usually works out that i'm not too far wrong :o

hope that helps you understand why people ask for a forecast.

octane
17-Sep-10, 08:44
Nice one Tugs,

Still maintain that Wick is the bleakest place weather wise to live in the UK for 2010....what a shocker of a year

Bazeye
17-Sep-10, 17:08
When I first noticed the user name "Tugmistress" on the org, I thought her "Job" was something totally different to what it actually is. Just me....?:eek:

Logical
17-Sep-10, 17:28
Just me....?:eek:

Yes...........

Mystical Potato Head
17-Sep-10, 17:33
Thank You VERY Much Tugs. I knew I could rely on you for an accurate Forcast.

I will not be outside for long in Inverness but at the speed I walk it seems a long time and I do not want to get wet.

You are a Angel Tugs :D:D:D

How do you know its an accurate forecast,tomorrow hasnt happened yet.

Kodiak
17-Sep-10, 17:38
How do you know its an accurate forecast,tomorrow hasnt happened yet.

Are you suggesting that Tugmistress would give anything but an accurate forecast? I hope not.!!

Mystical Potato Head
17-Sep-10, 18:28
Are you suggesting that Tugmistress would give anything but an accurate forecast? I hope not.!!

I havent suggested anything of the sort,so dont bother trying to stir it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked how you can thank someone for their accurate forecast because you wont know until after tomorrow if said forecast is accurate or not.

Happy Guy
18-Sep-10, 23:50
Nice one Tugs,

Still maintain that Wick is the bleakest place weather wise to live in the UK for 2010....what a shocker of a year

Come and hear Tugs, and our own Thurso Born Meteriologist and ex BBC Scotland weather presenter Alison McLure At Wick at 1.30 on the 30th of Sept or at Thurso, same day 6.30 in the evening. And join in the County wide year long weather study - PM me for more info?

Bazeye
19-Sep-10, 00:16
I havent suggested anything of the sort,so dont bother trying to stir it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked how you can thank someone for their accurate forecast because you wont know until after tomorrow if said forecast is accurate or not.

Raining here now at the time of posting. Still dark as well.

Kodiak
19-Sep-10, 12:09
I am back now from Inverness. I arrived home very tired but happy with the outcome Late Last Night. I had a great Day and the Weather was Exactly as you Forecasted Tugs. Thank you for that. :D

Anfield
19-Sep-10, 13:26
I am back now from Inverness. I arrived home very tired but happy with the outcome Late Last Night. I had a great Day and the Weather was Exactly as you Forecasted Tugs. Thank you for that. :D

Don't forget to inform Search & Rescue that they can now stand down.

Kodiak
19-Sep-10, 13:34
Don't forget to inform Search & Rescue that they can now stand down.

As an Ex-Member of the HM Coastguard I am in touch with them all the time, but Thank You Anfield for your Sincere Concern with regard to my personal safety.

porshiepoo
19-Sep-10, 13:52
I've just been told that we are to expect winds of 140mph end of next week :eek:
Any truth in this Tugs??

Tugmistress
19-Sep-10, 17:17
lol porshipoo, someone pulling your plonker on that one!

Glad you had a good day kodiak and glad i could help :)

porshiepoo
19-Sep-10, 18:34
lol porshipoo, someone pulling your plonker on that one!

Glad you had a good day kodiak and glad i could help :)

But Metcheck is now showing winds of 135mph for the end of the week. :eek:
Surely they've got it wrong!!!!!!!

Actually, just checked again. The winds are now expected to reach 165mph.

changilass
19-Sep-10, 18:37
Any idea what the next few days will be like please Tuggs, looking to put hubby to put some more fencing up if possible.

Thanks Tuggs

Tugmistress
19-Sep-10, 19:33
haha porshiepoo, don't use metcheck, they're about the worst to use! ignore any forecast more than about 3 days out from computer generated forecasts, they're generally wrong.

Changi, tomorrow evening maybe ok for him for an hour or two, genrally tuesday will be cloudy with the odd light shower, wednesday decidedly wetter but getting nicer for the weekend and warming up too as the week goes on. winds of about 25mph max at the worst that i can see til friday night, not going further than that as it's too far ahead and too much can and does change lol

changilass
19-Sep-10, 19:41
Cheers missus, will put him to work and he can dodge the showers lol.

golach
19-Sep-10, 19:48
Cheers missus, will put him to work and he can dodge the showers lol.

You get out and do the fences, your the professional fence builder in the family lol

changilass
19-Sep-10, 20:00
I will be putting up the fences he is labourer, would end up with something more use for bonfire night if I leave it to him.

cherokee
19-Sep-10, 20:11
Golach/Changilass -

Gosh anyone different would believe you're related ? :roll:

changilass
19-Sep-10, 20:17
Its already widely know that we are distantly related, but then there are lots on here who I am related to, just the same as lots of other orger.

Do you have a problem with that??

golach
19-Sep-10, 20:25
Its already widely know that we are distantly related, but then there are lots on here who I am related to, just the same as lots of other orger.

Do you have a problem with that??

I have never hidden that Changi and I are related, we are not kissing cousins tho' . I have others on the Org who I sadly have to say I am related to, but I would never admit to that publicly [lol]

Gleber2
19-Sep-10, 20:31
I have never hidden that Changi and I are related, we are not kissing cousins tho' . I have others on the Org who I sadly have to say I am related to, but I would never admit to that publicly [lol]
He's even related to me but thankfully only by marriage not blood.[evil]

DeHaviLand
19-Sep-10, 21:05

Go on golach, you can tell us that you're related to Trix :lol: