PDA

View Full Version : how stupid can people be?

brandy
07-Sep-10, 15:45
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/09/07/florida.quran.burning/index.html?hpt=T1#fbid=S_2tBlp9uSG&wom=false

im not even going to comment on this other than the title.. hate begets hate... stupid ignorant rednecks
and thats coming from a redneck!

changilass
07-Sep-10, 15:49
What a dipstick

Kenn
07-Sep-10, 16:03
I think the clip answered the question.

mrlennie
07-Sep-10, 17:01
Don't worry about it the maniac is praying about it.

Kodiak
07-Sep-10, 17:24
What a dipstick

No he is not a Dipstick as a Dipstick can be useful. This copy of a Person is just a waste of space.

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 17:45
I think the crucial word here is "offended"
Yes the Muslims get "offended" if the West does anything or says anything about their religion! They start to issue Fatwa's and use it as an excuse to start trouble.
Like this Guy, I get "offended" when I see Muslims burning our flag, burning efigies of our politicians, when they bomb our tube system, when they kill our soldiers, when they be-head hostages, when they fly planes into skyscrapers...I could go on all day.!!!
This Guy at least has the guts to stand up and say enough is enough and has the balls to do something back to those that "offend" us.
We all sit in the comfort of our own homes , handwringing and saying "Isnt it awful" when so many people die at the hands of Muslims, so I say good luck to the Guy...he certainly has guts I will give him that!!!

C3.....:(

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-10, 17:51
Yes the Muslims get "offended" if the West does anything or says anything about their religion! They start to issue Fatwa's and use it as an excuse to start trouble.
Like this Guy, I get "offended" when I see Muslims burning our flag, burning efigies of our politicians, when they bomb our tube system, when they kill our soldiers, when they be-head hostages, when they fly planes into skyscrapers...I could go on all day.!!!
This Guy at least has the guts to stand up and say enough is enough and has the balls to do something back to those that "offend" us.
We all sit in the comfort of our own homes , handwringing and saying "Isnt it awful" when so many people die at the hands of Muslims, so I say good luck to the Guy...he certainly has guts I will give him that!!!

Just because a few maniac fundamentalist Muslims do unacceptable things that offend you, doesnt give a few maniac fundamentalist Christians the right to burn a book that is holy to hundreds of millions of people.

mrlennie
07-Sep-10, 17:54
Just because a few maniac fundamentalist Muslims do unacceptable things that offend you, doesnt give a few maniac fundamentalist Christians the right to burn a book that is holy to hundreds of millions of people.

amen brother lol

mrlennie
07-Sep-10, 17:56

Fundamentalist muslims believe america is the root of all evil the western infadels are satans children - gets them all offended - so some of them plucked up the courage to ram 2 planes into the towers.

You need more than guts to do something good.

But i see your point

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 18:00
Erm!!! Why not???
When they burn the bible are Hundreds of millions of people not "Offended".....Maniac fundamentalists, wherever they come from are free to do whatever they want as far as I can see....
Let them get on with it is what I say !!
C3...:mad:

_Ju_
07-Sep-10, 19:03
Erm!!! Why not???
When they burn the bible are Hundreds of millions of people not "Offended".....Maniac fundamentalists, wherever they come from are free to do whatever they want as far as I can see....

Obviously for you every muslim is a terrorist. The terrorists are a MINORITY that did something terrible. Why attack and offend the millions that are peaceful religious people when two wrongs won't even make a right? It makes as much sense as saying all women who are mothers are murderers because some mothers kill their children.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-10, 19:04
Erm!!! Why not???

Just because they may burn the Bible, doesn't automatically mean that rednecks can burn their book.

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 19:12
Just because they may burn the Bible, doesn't automatically mean that rednecks can burn their book.
Erm !! Again...Why not????

C3...:eek:

_Ju_
07-Sep-10, 20:30
Erm !! Again...Why not????

C3...:eek:

Because TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT! Sorry for the shouting. Talking does not seem to elicite a response.

Corrie 3
07-Sep-10, 20:37
Because TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE A RIGHT! Sorry for the shouting. Talking does not seem to elicite a response.
Sorry Ju but that is just a saying.....if they can burn our holy book why cant we burn theirs???
Another saying...An eye for an eye!!!!

C3....;)

_Ju_
07-Sep-10, 20:47
You insist on grouping "them" muslims as terrorists, yet refuse to explain why not all mothers are murderers. Some muslims ( a minority) have perpertrated terrorist acts. Some mothers (a minority) have killed their children. With your type of thinking, all women are automatically muderers.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth makes a country full of blind soup supping people. Sayings are ways of easily transmitting ideas. There is not one advantage to be obtained from disrespecting people who have done absolutely nothing to any of us. Infact there is alot to be lost in carrying out retaliatory attacks. Escalation is a quick road to nowhere.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-10, 20:48
Sorry Ju but that is just a saying.....if they can burn our holy book why cant we burn theirs???

C3....;)

So, basically you're saying if somebody does something bad, that makes it not bad for you to do?

brandy
07-Sep-10, 20:49
and a tooth for a tooth.. but it was also said to turn the other cheek.
it comes down to being the better person.
violence begets violence.. hate begets hate.
also, heres another one for you..
in the city of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

what happens when everyone spits out their dummys and starts pitching fits and fighting?
they burn our flags and bibles.. lets do it to them as well...
they are dif, so they are bad.

ive one word for you BESLAN
should we take a page out of the extremists book there and do what they did?
that was not an attack on America the great Satan..
that was russia..
you want to see what hate and intolerance does?
look up the pictures and videos of Beslan.
that is what happens when we let things like this grow.

redeyedtreefrog
07-Sep-10, 20:51

C3....;)

Just because a tiny minority of Muslims may burn the Christian book, doesn't mean a tiny minority of Christians can take out their prejudice on everyone of that faith. That tiny minority of Muslims shouldn't burn the Bible either, it's disrespectful, but combating that with equal disrespect is not the way to go.

John Little
07-Sep-10, 21:59
"Das war ein Vorspiel nur, dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen."

'That was only a prelude. Where one burns books, there one ultimately burns people.'

Heinrich Heine 1836.

In 1934 Heine's works went into the fire too, along with Thomas Mann, Sigmund Freud, Felix Mendelsohn.......

Bazeye
07-Sep-10, 22:59
"Das war ein Vorspiel nur, dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen."

'That was only a prelude. Where one burns books, there one ultimately burns people.'

Heinrich Heine 1836.

In 1934 Heine's works went into the fire too, along with Thomas Mann, Sigmund Freud, Felix Mendelsohn.......

And the Beatles in the 60s when John Lennon "offended" Christians.

Bazeye
10-Sep-10, 15:29
Dont see any problem myself. I cant recall any cries of outrage or pages of press coverage a couple of years ago when this happened. Seems to me some people want to be able to eat their cake and have it.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/17283/Muslims-burn-Bi... (http://www.speroforum.com/a/17283/Muslims-burn-Bible-in-Pakistan)

John Little
10-Sep-10, 17:55
You are not comparing like with like.

Your example is from a country where mass education is rudimentary or non-existent, where democracy is weak and free speech is dangerous.
Burning Bibles or anything else is common - and, in the context, understandable. Most of them know no better.

The west is different- isn't it?

Here we are educated to a high degree. We have deeply established democratic institutions and a tradition of free speech.

We understand by long and hard experience that if you burn books then you burn ideas.

The last generation, one of the most remarkable we have ever seen, fought a long total war to establish our freedoms.

If we burn Korans then our vaunted freedoms are nothing.
We burn Korans then we are exactly the same in mentality and sophistication of thought as the bible burners of Pakistan.

I like to think we know better.

If we do not then our civilisation is bunk.

brandy
10-Sep-10, 18:31
behind you there john little!

Bazeye
10-Sep-10, 18:40
Didnt mean to compare the two as such, I was merely wondering why is one deemed more newsworthy than the other by the media?

John Little
10-Sep-10, 18:49
Ah - well the media in general seems to be run by a bunch of lazy swine who can't be bothered to find out about real stuff so they just grab what they think will sell from news agencies. Mad Mullahs have always sold well - nothing like a Mad Mullah to get people worked up.

Tried and trusted formula.

I just ignores them.