PDA

View Full Version : Balnakeil Graveyard

dragonfly
05-Sep-10, 14:35
This old graveyard and chapel sit overlooking the bay............a perfect final resting place indeed

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/4959401851_d456053b4c_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4103/4960215756_a80ce283d0_b.jpg

Mystical Potato Head
05-Sep-10, 15:18
Lovely spooky shots,did you have a higher iso on the second one?

dragonfly
05-Sep-10, 15:29
they were both shot at ISO 500 but I added more grain into the 2nd one

Mystical Potato Head
05-Sep-10, 17:25
they were both shot at ISO 500 but I added more grain into the 2nd one

Cheers,just curious.

dragonfly
05-Sep-10, 17:29
why? I'm curious now too lol

Mystical Potato Head
05-Sep-10, 17:37
It was the grain and i dont have a clue how the sony performs under higher iso's so i thought maybe you had put the iso up a stops worth or sometihng like that.

dragonfly
05-Sep-10, 17:59
right!

if it helps I am also back to using the A700 as the A900 has gone back for repairs, been without it for about 5 weeks now, hoping to get a replacement and not just a repair. The flash sync coupling broke but I also have doubts about its focussing which I have raised with them. The focussing ring became stuck when taking a photo and steve sort of fixed it by sliding the pins fixed it to a point but not to what it should be - hope its back soon, might have been cheaper buying it from simply electronics but not so good when it has to go back to hong kong for a fix! [evil]

Mystical Potato Head
05-Sep-10, 20:16
right!

if it helps I am also back to using the A700 as the A900 has gone back for repairs, been without it for about 5 weeks now, hoping to get a replacement and not just a repair. The flash sync coupling broke but I also have doubts about its focussing which I have raised with them. The focussing ring became stuck when taking a photo and steve sort of fixed it by sliding the pins fixed it to a point but not to what it should be - hope its back soon, might have been cheaper buying it from simply electronics but not so good when it has to go back to hong kong for a fix! [evil]

That's the down side to Simply Electronics i suppose.Cheap but a bit of a waiting game with them.

Deemac
06-Sep-10, 16:09
I bought another 580EXII flash from them recently. Ordered on the Monday, item was shipped the same day (much to my surprise) and I had it on the Wednesday. Much, much quicker than previous orders and very impressed. (I assume they must have some stock in the UK and I was lucky).