PDA

View Full Version : Needs tidying !!

Corrie 3
04-Sep-10, 18:11
I decided to go to Dunbeath today as I saw an event advertised that looked interesting and I havent been to the village for a wee while. The event was quite good and I went for a walk around the village but what I didnt like was the harbour area, it needs tidying up somewhat. There is an abandoned porta cabin smack in the middle of the harbour, it was the old flower shop but the owners have moved into a newly rebuilt house nearby and the cabin looks awful, it needs to be removed quickly as it must put off people from going to Dunbeath. There are also people living in a motorhome again right smack in the middle of the harbour area, apparently they have been there for a couple of months...someone told me that this is encouraging other motorhome users to park up there and at times it looks like a caravan site.
I have always liked going to Dunbeath, the Strath walk is brilliant and the walk to the caves is good but I think it maybe a while before I go again......
Come on, whoever is responsible can you get the place cleaned up a bit?

[disgust][disgust][disgust]

katarina
04-Sep-10, 19:38
I was there too, cant say I noticed anything that needed much cleaning up except maybe that old boat that used to have plants growing in it but now has weeds. the people in the motor home are building a house which is not finished yet.
I thought it was a brilliant day.

Kodiak
04-Sep-10, 20:04
Did you visit the Dunbeath Heritage Centre?

This would make up for any disappointment you had about the Harbour.

Corrie 3
04-Sep-10, 20:52
I was there too, cant say I noticed anything that needed much cleaning up except maybe that old boat that used to have plants growing in it but now has weeds. the people in the motor home are building a house which is not finished yet.
I thought it was a brilliant day.
I remember Dunbeath with all flowers on show not only in the "boat" but all the way down Portormin Rd. Not one flower to be seen today...and did you miss seeing the empty porta cabin? What a disgrace that is!!!
And it is right that the family who are having a house built should be allowed to live in a motorhome in the harbour when there is a a good campsite just up the road?....This is not the way forward for such a nice village by the sea!!

[disgust][disgust][disgust]