PDA

View Full Version : YouTube costing UK millions

b3n
02-Sep-10, 21:44
Just had a thought. Since YouTube became common how many of us have stopped watching You've Been Framed?

I am sure there are millions of people loosing out on money by posting their videos on youtube instead of sending them to You've Been Framed! FREEPOST and now you can upload it on their website.

£250 a video, come on lets ditch youtube and go back to You've Been Framed.

Over 250 x 20 million households = £5,000,000,000

I remember the days when I would wish my parents could afford a camcorder so I can record stuff and send it in. Now everyone has a camera in their back pocket. Instead of sending in to YBF they just stick it on youtube.

And yes I did send a video in once which got rejected, DOH

Logical
02-Sep-10, 21:49
I think the logic of this is a tad off. I think the Youtube partner program has made and continues to make thousands of people a comfortable living. Also, the money to supply all these people there £250 has to come from the UK, as for costing the UK money, it really would only spread around the existing wealth.

redeyedtreefrog
02-Sep-10, 21:51
But then it isn't accessible at all times anywhere, which is why YouTube is so successful in the first place.

b3n
02-Sep-10, 21:55
Beg to differ on both points.

The money making youtubers can still continue their businesses. We just need to submit more to YBF as well as youtube. So its extra income!

Also it is accessible on ITV player if you ever miss an episode ;)

S&LHEN
02-Sep-10, 22:03
Ha ha I loved youve been framed but I think what made youve been framed so good was the fact that most the videos were totally unrehearsed where as on you tube you get your mates to run out in front of cars so you can record it It kind of takes the fun out of it!! In saying that I love the "Charlie bit my finger one":lol:

b3n
02-Sep-10, 22:19
Just found YBF have their own website with moives so you dont actually have to watch the program.

http://www.itv.com/Entertainment/comedy/YouveBeenFramed/default.html#/player/1357210