PDA

View Full Version : What is it with people?

nicnak
26-Aug-10, 10:48
I have been pondering this for ages ; why can people not read and understand a simple post? eg I put a post on for someone else and clearly stated do not pm telephone the number provided as the post was not mine. Then a couple of nights later I have an inbox with pms asking about the post? Duh ! are people thick or what??????????
sorry rant over - it just drives me insane !

DeHaviLand
26-Aug-10, 11:20
Maybe they thought it was easier to pm rather than walk the 2 yards to pick up their phone? I see this all the time on evil-bay. " Im posting this for a friend, please telephone 07.......... for further information", yet at the bottom of the post there's a whole heap of questions. Laziness or stupidity? Hard to tell really.

tonkatojo
26-Aug-10, 13:38
I have been pondering this for ages ; why can people not read and understand a simple post? eg I put a post on for someone else and clearly stated do not pm telephone the number provided as the post was not mine. Then a couple of nights later I have an inbox with pms asking about the post? Duh ! are people thick or what??????????
sorry rant over - it just drives me insane !

Perhaps some rang the number and got a switched off message, then in hope pm'd you as you put the original post on. It might be an idea to tell your "someone else" to supply their own post.

dozy
26-Aug-10, 14:02
Just maybe they're deaf ..Now who's thick .

upolian
26-Aug-10, 14:15
Just maybe they're deaf ..Now who's thick .

Valid point :)

laguna2
26-Aug-10, 14:15
"Someone else" should have taken the trouble to register on the org and posted for themselves. That way you would not have been inconvenienced or wound up!

Simples!;)

BRIE
26-Aug-10, 14:18
Perhaps some rang the number and got a switched off message, then in hope pm'd you as you put the original post on. It might be an idea to tell your "someone else" to supply their own post.

maybe the 'someone else' works shifts or was actually somewhere there was no signal,or maybe switched their phone off due to being at a funeral & maybe they dont have an internet connection hence not supplying their own post! maybe whoever rang should try ringing them back instead of panicking like an idiot & replying to the post which clearly stated only ring the number provided! just a thought :lol:

BRIE
26-Aug-10, 14:20
"Someone else" should have taken the trouble to register on the org and posted for themselves. That way you would not have been inconvenienced or wound up!

Simples!;)

maybe they dont have a computer!;)

mike67
26-Aug-10, 14:34
i certainly know where nicnak is coming from :confused

nicnak
26-Aug-10, 14:59
Thanks Brie, the person who I posted for cannot post their own or register at the moment due to proplems with their computer.! Amy Winehouse I did not get out of bed the wrong side I just find myself having less and less patience for complete idiots that cannot read or follow simple instructions!and my life is too short to put up with twits, so thanks for your daft reply too;)!

Squeak.x
13-Nov-10, 23:09
If life is too short to put up with twits as you say, then surely it's too short to spend complaining about something so trivial :roll:

upolian
14-Nov-10, 01:54
If its so trivial to you why didn't you just click the back button rather than reply,this debate could go round in circles..

Squeak.x
16-Nov-10, 12:58
Mhmm it could. But it won't because I'm not interested in debating something so pointless.