PDA

View Full Version : Digibox problems

maggie
22-Aug-10, 09:07
This is the second digibox to go wrong with the same problem on the same telly, other tellys with other digiboxes are fine. At the change-over the first digibox only lasted for a short time before going wrong. I had a new Digilogic free to view that I had for ages before using, hence not under guarantee any more, so plugged in and it worked perfectly. After working well for over a month, suddenly it has stopped responding to the remote and flicks randomly between three channels (batteries in remote are OK). I did manage to get the menu once and chose a channel using the channel list but is soon reverted to flicking channels again. This is exactly what happened with the first digibox which had been on the telly before the switchover and had worked fine. Has anyone come across this before and do you think it is a digi problem or an ariel problem or will I just have to go for a more expensive digibox?

dx100uk
23-Aug-10, 23:48
i would very think it is nowt to do with the aerial.

can we start at the basics..........

lets check the remote is not acting up...........

get a digital camera with a live viewfinder or a mobile phone camera.

point the remote at the camera [as you would for operating the box] and look at camera screen.
now hit a button or two and you should see the IR LED on the top of the remote flashing blue as you press a few buttons on the camera screen.

have a check around a few and make sure the remote readily works on the buttons & does not flash when no button is pressed.

not got energy saving lamps have you?...they sometimes cause scatty or intermittent problems with IR devices, blocking the IR light from the remote to the receiver in the box.

also check you have got no reflected sunlight hitting the box, that can do the same thing......i can just see you now testing it in the dead of night with the lights off......

comeback on those and we'll go from there.

dx