PDA

View Full Version : DSA tests

t
20-Aug-10, 17:53
Can someone confirm if the DSA has given guidelines from the Gov or within their own terms etc. in relation to tests.

I just find it very hard to believe that I have to keep checking their web site on a daily basis as they have no examiners up here so therefor no tests available, not that they have been booked but none at all.

I called them and they advised me i need to pay them the test fee and a list of dates avaialble and if and when they come up they will book me in first, this is a bit of a farce is it not.

Also where do we stand then waiting for 3-4 months for a test and by the time we get one our other items have expired ie.theory test etc.

Anyone know a bit more about it and our rights as such

northener
20-Aug-10, 21:11
Can someone confirm if the DSA has given guidelines from the Gov or within their own terms etc. in relation to tests.

I just find it very hard to believe that I have to keep checking their web site on a daily basis as they have no examiners up here so therefor no tests available, not that they have been booked but none at all.

I called them and they advised me i need to pay them the test fee and a list of dates avaialble and if and when they come up they will book me in first, this is a bit of a farce is it not.

Also where do we stand then waiting for 3-4 months for a test and by the time we get one our other items have expired ie.theory test etc.

Anyone know a bit more about it and our rights as such

Which website are you using?

Could you please post the link on here?

I'm trying to check on available test dates online now, but the system is coming to a grinding halt:roll:

Don't part with any money until I've checked who you are contacting.

t
20-Aug-10, 21:15
Sorry just realized i failed to mention in the post this is for the Bike Test

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_186302.html

northener
20-Aug-10, 21:23

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_186302.html

Right, with you now.

The system for booking in bikes isn't the same as cars, so I understand that there will be anomalies.

The big problem up here at the moment is that Norman Bremner (the DSA examiner) was involved in a very serious bike crash last year and is still recovering. I know he's back doing the car tests, but I'm not sure that he's covering bikes at the moment. This would explain why it's proving so difficult to get hold of an examiner.

I know that they provide cover from Inverness and Aberdeen DSA centres, but obviously their own workload and examiner availability come into play as well.

Sorry about not being able to help more than that, but as the DSA said, keep plugging away as they may be able to get a couple of days in soon - and you wouldn't want to miss that, wouldja?:Razz

Good luck with your test when you (eventually) get a date!

Lee.

northener
20-Aug-10, 21:25

Yup, that's the legit site.

I was concerned that you maybe using one of the commercial 'DSA booking service' sites...ripoff merchants.