PDA

View Full Version : In Memory Of Moledase

Chobbersjnr
09-Jul-06, 20:04
for all the people who may have known the late great Derek Mosedale that don't frequent the music board. This is a tune by John & Isaac Sutherland, it is the 1st public airing of the song taken from the recent Duck Baker gig

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4211 (http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4211)

enjoy folks

I think D-wreck would have

He used to call himself that & then ask "are you a wreck"

unicorn
09-Jul-06, 20:10
Thanks for that, I enjoyed it!! I really do have to get round to getting some of your stuff, slap my hands cos I have not done it yet sowwwwwwwwwwy lads.

changilass
09-Jul-06, 20:33
Thanks for sharing your music and your memories

Gleber2
10-Jul-06, 11:31
Thanks for sharing your music and your memories

Derek shared his life with us and it is good that we can put our memories into music. I'm glad you like the tune, Unicorn

canuck
10-Jul-06, 13:44
Thanks for that, I enjoyed it!! I really do have to get round to getting some of your stuff, slap my hands cos I have not done it yet sowwwwwwwwwwy lads.

Somewhere in this post there exists a fine line separating free advertising from personal opinion. My goal is to achieve the latter.

According to this humble listener, their "stuff" is great. My favorite is the CD recorded at Rosslyn Chapel. Unicorn, if you can find a copy I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

erli
10-Jul-06, 14:16
That was great, my foot was tapping and my little boy had a boogie. Thanks for sharing it.

golach
10-Jul-06, 15:34
Grand listening, ty the two of you

Sporran
10-Jul-06, 16:38
Somewhere in this post there exists a fine line separating free advertising from personal opinion. My goal is to achieve the latter.

According to this humble listener, their "stuff" is great. My favorite is the CD recorded at Rosslyn Chapel. Unicorn, if you can find a copy I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

This other humble listener wholeheartedly agrees that John & Isaac Sutherland's music is great, and I'm sure that Derek would have loved that piece! :) Over the past few weeks, I've had the pleasure of listening to a few of their CDs in their entirety. "The Rose-Line Connection" (recorded at Rosslyn Chapel) is beautiful, and I feel very soothed after listening to it. "Lincoln Cathedral" and "Wheel of Fortune" (both featuring the vocal talents of Martin Stephenson) are also superb. Isaac's "Sworded Tails" album is absolutely brilliant, and I have to admit I'm quite addicted to it! :cool:

rockchick
10-Jul-06, 16:58
Great posting! Now Tristan can hear what he missed that night!

Gleber2
10-Jul-06, 18:04
Hey Canuck and Sporran, I'll pay you the next instalment of your bribes soon.:lol:

canuck
10-Jul-06, 18:07
Hey Canuck and Sporran, I'll pay you the next instalment of your bribes soon.:lol:

Put it toward plane tickets for us for the next org get together!

Sporran
10-Jul-06, 18:10
LMAO! Thanks Gleber2! ;)

Great idea, Canuck - sounds good to me!!! :D

Elenna
10-Jul-06, 18:53
I really enjoyed listening to that! And I had the delight of playing it through four or five times, too, because different family members kept appearing and wanting to hear it from the beginning. :) Thanks for posting it.

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 18:54
I really enjoyed listening to that! And I had the delight of playing it through four or five times, too, because different family members kept appearing and wanting to hear it from the beginning. :) Thanks for posting it.I've been playing it over and over again all day..:)

Whitewater
10-Jul-06, 22:51
Great, I enjoyed it. Easy & pleasant listening.

Thanks

Gleber2
11-Jul-06, 18:07
Glad you all took the trouble to listen and enjoyed my latest composition.

pultneytooner
11-Jul-06, 18:11
Fantastic playing from yourself and your lad.
I couldn't get it to play in my browser so had to download it.
One of my favourite pastimes is listening to great guitarists and you guys didn't disappoint.http://www.ukbandmates.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif

Chobbersjnr
11-Jul-06, 18:15

indeed thank you all very much