PDA

View Full Version : ginger cat dead on road

sweep
09-Jul-06, 15:02
i just saw a ginger cat dead on thurso-wick road about 2 miles from watten on left side of road.if its someone's pet they will probably want to know.

Lynseymac
09-Jul-06, 16:41
I just came across it too - how sad, I hate seeing things like that! I guess at least one thing is that it wasnt left in the middle of the road for everyone else to run over - that really makes me mad!

Liz
09-Jul-06, 18:45
What a shame!

Was this near Bilbster as there is a stray cat there who someone was trying to catch for CP?

mccaugm
09-Jul-06, 19:02
I also saw it...poor thing....:(

sweep
09-Jul-06, 19:15
no it wasn't near bilbster. it was on thurso side of watten. so please keep trying to catch bilbster moggie for CP.

_awayoflife_
09-Jul-06, 20:06
what does the cat at bilbster look like? ive heard people talkin about it on this but i must have missed that thread about it lol sorry

Liz
09-Jul-06, 21:40
what does the cat at bilbster look like? ive heard people talkin about it on this but i must have missed that thread about it lol sorry

Afraid I don't know but could find out if you want? I think a couple of people have been trying to catch the same cat but he outwits them!!!

I didn't know there was a thread about it?

Fran
10-Jul-06, 01:32
What a shame!

Was this near Bilbster as there is a stray cat there who someone was trying to catch for CP?

the poor cat is on the left side coming into watten from thurso just before grant hall. Its a ginger and white cat.

Yvonne
10-Jul-06, 22:13
Very sorry.

2little2late
10-Jul-06, 22:34
Chances are this may have been a feral cat. There are a lot of feral cats on the roads. If there is a stray cat near Bilbster chances are this cat could be feral too. I think stary cats should be left alone unless they are very friendly then they have obviously lost their owner. Feral cats should not be taken in as pets. I speak from experience.

We have tried a couple of cats from CCP which were possibly strays. Once they are in household surroundings the just do not adapt. They are better off left to roam the wild. I am trying to make this sound not too harsh as me and my family are cat lovers (we have two cats ourselves) and hate to see them suffering, but I do feel strongly about trying to take in a feral cat.

connieb19
10-Jul-06, 22:37
Maybe Cats Protection are trying to catch it to get it neutered..:confused

2little2late
10-Jul-06, 22:39
Let's hope so. But it would be better to release it back into the wild.