PDA

View Full Version : If there was one day in your life you could change.Wit day would it be?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Jul-06, 22:40
Mine would be the day that obiron gave birth to our first kid and I was stuck in Ullapool.Smoked about 20 fags in 2 hours waiting for news.Was there for our youngest being born,but still wish I had been their for our first.:(

pultneytooner
07-Jul-06, 22:53
I don't want to be morbid but I would like to change the day my mother died without me telling her how much I love her or how grateful I was for her and my dad bringing me up in a happy and loving home.

Billy Boy
07-Jul-06, 22:59
the day mrs bb miscarried our first child,after been told she would never have children:(

pultneytooner
07-Jul-06, 23:02
the day mrs bb miscarried our first child,after been told she would never have children:(
My heart goes out to you , my wife also lost our first, totaly devastated me.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
07-Jul-06, 23:19

My day is nothing compared to your's and Mrs Billy Boys .I have tried to rep you for your post but i'm not allowed.So I'll put it down in a post.

My kids are my world and ye realise sometimes that ye take life for granted.

newpark
07-Jul-06, 23:31
The day I had my first fag wish I never tried it but wanted to look cool infront of friends and it was one of the hardest things to quit.

pultneytooner
07-Jul-06, 23:35
The day I had my first fag wish I never tried it but wanted to look cool infront of friends and it was one of the hardest things to quit.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/voltarol/24.gif......My first cigarrette made me feel like i'd been twirling around for hours, dizzy or what????

Ricco
08-Jul-06, 15:09
If there is one day I could change it would be the day I broke up with a particular girl. I have felt bad about it ever since.... 32 years!:~(

Blazing Sporrans
08-Jul-06, 17:39

My heart goes out to you , my wife also lost our first, totaly devastated me.

I know how you feel guys. My wife lost our first child together, however we've been blessed with three gorgeous girls since and I know how lucky that makes me, even if I don't always tell them. It's not until you speak with others about these things that you realise how commonplace they actually are. I was once in a waiting room with seven other friends and five out of the eight of us had wives or partners who had miscarried. Knowing these things doesn't make it any easier to take though.... :cry:

squidge
08-Jul-06, 21:09
I had a miscarriage four weeks ago I would change that day for sure.

squidge
08-Jul-06, 21:31
How right you are

The sun rises every day and we have so many things to be grateful for - the world changes and our lives become different and sometimes less certain fora while but the sun does indeed appear again.

Thank goodness for that

:)

rockchick
09-Jul-06, 10:04
THE MAYONNAISE JAR AND COFFEE

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a
day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar...

and the coffee...

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar.

He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognise that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things. Your family, your children, your faith, your health, your friends, and your favourite passions.

Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter. Your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else.

The small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups.

Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter.

Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

Billy Boy
09-Jul-06, 13:40
THE MAYONNAISE JAR AND COFFEE

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a
day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar...

and the coffee...

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar.

He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.

Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognise that this jar represents your life.

The golf balls are the important things. Your family, your children, your faith, your health, your friends, and your favourite passions.

Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter. Your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else.

The small stuff.

If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups.

Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter.

Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

lol that was excellent :roll:

Billy Boy
09-Jul-06, 13:50
I know how you feel guys. My wife lost our first child together, however we've been blessed with three gorgeous girls since and I know how lucky that makes me, even if I don't always tell them. It's not until you speak with others about these things that you realise how commonplace they actually are. I was once in a waiting room with seven other friends and five out of the eight of us had wives or partners who had miscarried. Knowing these things doesn't make it any easier to take though.... :cry:

lol i have miscarried 3 times and although the first time was totally devastating it didnt make it any easier when i lost the other two,and if i could change all those days i would, we now have a daughter through the help of I.V.F and she is the most precious thing in the world to me because i know how lucky i am to have her. they say all things happen for a reason and sometimes it is so hard to find a reason or make sense of things.
but i believe that out of everything bad, something good will come eventually

blondscot
09-Jul-06, 15:19
There are many days that i wish i could change! but the day my 6 month old nephew died must be the worst day and i would give anything to change that day!

Ricco
09-Jul-06, 15:24
Rockchick - that was profound and moving. Excellent.

changilass
09-Jul-06, 15:35
lol i have miscarried 3 times and although the first time was totally devastating it didnt make it any easier when i lost the other two,and if i could change all those days i would, we now have a daughter through the help of I.V.F and she is the most precious thing in the world to me because i know how lucky i am to have her. they say all things happen for a reason and sometimes it is so hard to find a reason or make sense of things.
but i believe that out of everything bad, something good will come eventually

I totally agree that things happen for a reason, I also had a couple of miscarriages, the last on following years of IVF treatment.

We are now waiting to adopt and do short term fostering, it is very rewarding and the experience we have gained looking after children will stand us in very good stead when we finally get a child of our own.

The day I would change would be our wedding day, (although it has to come in as one of the best days of our lives) we would get married sooner so that hubbies dad could have been there, he was a great man and would have been so proud to have been at his sons wedding. The next day we took my bouquet and put it on his grave, he was with us in spirit.

mccaugm
09-Jul-06, 19:11
The day I married my ex husband - (although he did give me two wonderful children). I wished I had waited till I had at least hit my twenties, had my career in order and married someone with ambition. Luckily I did remarry someone who fits that description....

lorraine_2406
10-Jul-06, 10:45
I would want to change the day my dad died was driving through holland to catch the ferry to get back to caithness when i was told he had died hadnt seen him for a year and was making my way home but it was to late

golach
10-Jul-06, 11:05
I dont have many days in my long life that I would like to change as I have had a fairly good life. But one I would NOT change is 23rd Nov 1990, at 05:30 in the morning, I received the news that I was a Grandad, That to me is the happiest I think I have ever felt, I am a Grandad 4 times over, and I love them all, but that day is always special to me.

RockChick84
10-Jul-06, 11:37
I would change the day my mum died. It turned my families life upside down and she didn't deserve to suffer all that time and was only in her 30's too. It's something I think about every day and night.

katarina
10-Jul-06, 13:23
The question was 'what day would you change.' there are days, me more than most, that we would all like to change, but the thing is, what could WE have done to change them?
In most cases - nothing!

pultneytooner
10-Jul-06, 13:26
The question was 'what day would you change.' there are days, me more than most, that we would all like to change, but the thing is, what could WE have done to change them?
In most cases - nothing!
That depends if you believe in fate or your own choices deciding the path your life takes.

katarina
10-Jul-06, 16:47
I believe in your own choices - but how could YOU personally change, for instance, the day someone died?

rockchick
10-Jul-06, 16:53
I believe in your own choices - but how could YOU personally change, for instance, the day someone died?

Someone earlier in this thread said (and I'm sorry if I'm misquoting!) that they regretted not saying they loved the person before they died. I could see wanting to change that.

Me? If it didn't take away my two lovely sons, I'd take back the day I married my first husband. What a mistake that was!

katarina
10-Jul-06, 16:57
Someone earlier in this thread said (and I'm sorry if I'm misquoting!) that they regretted not saying they loved the person before they died. I could see wanting to change that.

Me? If it didn't take away my two lovely sons, I'd take back the day I married my first husband. What a mistake that was!

Well, you could have changed that, by just not turning up! But you probably thought it was for keeps back then.
There's only one bad thing in my life that I might have changed if I'd done things differently - but as for the rest - I don't think I had any control.

Whitewater
10-Jul-06, 23:21
There are many days throughout my life that I would like to change, but sadly I can't, in some way they have all had a part in changing me, for the better I hope, also sadder and wiser, but I guess we all get something out of these days though we don't realise it at the time.
There are also many days I would never change, but try to hang onto them forever, but again we can't. We will never know what tomorrow may bring, and perhaps it's just as well.

RockChick84
11-Jul-06, 09:04
You can't change anything about someone dying. If they have a life-threatening ilnness or terminal illness, how can you change what's going to happen? I wish fate had changed what I posted about before.
I couldn't have altered what was to happen.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Jul-06, 14:51
My day that I could have changed was me missing being physically there as he was born.We get on great and have our laughs(too many to mention).I'm a bit like golach in that I haven't had too many that I would change.I suppose it all comes down to the way we live oor days.

Thanks for all your posts cos it shows the uniqueness in the org.Ask a question and the orgers will reply

Cheers folks

Cedric:lol: :lol:

katarina
11-Jul-06, 22:45
There are many days throughout my life that I would like to change, but sadly I can't, in some way they have all had a part in changing me, for the better I hope, also sadder and wiser, but I guess we all get something out of these days though we don't realise it at the time.
There are also many days I would never change, but try to hang onto them forever, but again we can't. We will never know what tomorrow may bring, and perhaps it's just as well.

That was lovely. I wish i had said it.....