PDA

View Full Version : Flickr users

Sarah
04-Aug-10, 17:43
I can't work the new Flickr! :~( It's really frustrating me. It's probably quite simple, but I can't get links to different sizes of my photos.

On the older Flickr there was the 'All Sizes' button, then I would click Medium, then the link would be below the photo. I could put that into forums to post photos.

How do I do this now? I have found the all sizes button, under Actions, but no links to post onto forums!

North Light
04-Aug-10, 18:32
Sarah,

Next to the "Actions" button there should be a "Share this" button, then a tab marked "Grab the link".

NL

Sarah
04-Aug-10, 18:36
Sarah,

Next to the "Actions" button there should be a "Share this" button, then a tab marked "Grab the link".

NL

Thanks, but that only seems to give one size. Does it have other options?

dragonfly
04-Aug-10, 20:08
what I do is go to View All Sizes then click on the size of picture you want to post, right click on the photo itself and then choose View Image Info and under location you should have the www.blahblahblah.jpg copy that and paste it in the insert image field

hope that works for you

Sarah
04-Aug-10, 20:44
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4860035215_dc4e18b1fe_z.jpg

Geezo, that is SO much hassle! Thanks though dragonfly :) I'm going to email Flickr, see if there's an easier way. If not, byebye Flickr account! Pain in the butt as I have paid for 2 years, and still have about 22 months!

dragonfly
04-Aug-10, 20:54
ah but the rules of Flickr are that you are supposed to use their link so as it links back to Flickr and they hopefully get more people signing up, thats probably why they made it harder to grab the url for posting like you have done above

nice pic BTW.............what is it/them?

Mystical Potato Head
04-Aug-10, 20:54
Why not download any photo you want to post onto photobucket,then its just a simple case of copy and paste onto here or wherever you wish to post.Be a shame to waste your flickr account.I use both.
BTW,there's a bit of an "i want the old flickr back" protest movement brewing.

Sarah
04-Aug-10, 20:58
ah but the rules of Flickr are that you are supposed to use their link so as it links back to Flickr and they hopefully get more people signing up, thats probably why they made it harder to grab the url for posting like you have done above

nice pic BTW.............what is it/them?

That's rotten of them! :(
Thanks, he's a guinea pig, called Gizmo.

Why not download any photo you want to post onto photobucket,then its just a simple case of copy and paste onto here or wherever you wish to post.Be a shame to waste your flickr account.I use both.
BTW,there's a bit of an "i want the old flickr back" protest movement brewing.

Well photobucket is really slow, and also, it fills up in no time! I take a lot of photos :lol: I'll look into others though if they don't co-operate. I'm off to look for the old flickr protests :) thanks!

North Light
05-Aug-10, 09:11
Sarah,

On a Mac "ctrl and click" on mouse", select "Copy Image Address", then just paste into "url box"

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4861191602_5c4eb1fa21_o.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/north_light/4861191602/

Doesn't take any longer than with the old flickr format.

NL

Sarah
05-Aug-10, 23:49
Thanks! I don't have a mac though. But all the same, I have it worked. Apparently its because Flickr has always said in the Terms of Service that its users are not allowed to post images on forums without linking back. I think I am going to move to Smugmug.