PDA

View Full Version : Property in Wick

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 20:57
Why are there so many unsold houses in Thurso Road, Newton Road and West Banks Avenue in Wick? Last time I was up, there seemed to be for sale boards all over these streets.

Phill
21-Jul-10, 21:31
It's either the WWII UXB's that's all been kept hush hush or the SEPA investigation into the extremely high level of PCB's found to be contaminating the soil in the area.

telfordstar
21-Jul-10, 22:30
Probably the prices, but in west banks no one ones to live anywhere near a certain pest resident!

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 22:32
West Banks Avenue or terrace?

ashaw1
21-Jul-10, 22:38
When looking round various estate agents with a view to selling my house i noticed that it seems to be the houses priced under £100,000 that are selling! The houses in the streets you mentioned will all be more expensive than that!

tiger woods
21-Jul-10, 22:49
Probably the prices, but in west banks no one ones to live anywhere near a certain pest resident!
Who's the 'pest resident' then? Any clues?

bagpuss
21-Jul-10, 23:16
the issue may well be that banks aren't lending the money for a house over £100k - too few people in the area have that kind of earnings.

I know some people who had already moved have rented out their houses- and others are putting off their own next move until houses have sold. At least two of the houses are on the market because the owner has died.

PantsMAN
21-Jul-10, 23:20
Who's the 'pest resident' then? Any clues?

Maybe overjoyed when antagonising Wickers? And uses lots of capital letters. I'm guessing.................

sweetpea
21-Jul-10, 23:43
Why are there so many unsold houses in Thurso Road, Newton Road and West Banks Avenue in Wick? Last time I was up, there seemed to be for sale boards all over these streets.

I've been looking for a new house for ages and I don't think it's just Wick. There's a lot of over priced properties all over. Also the asking price is never same as selling price i don't think. At the moment it seems you can come and go with buying a hoose.

shamrock2007
22-Jul-10, 20:29
Everything seems to be just stuck in a rut at the moment, we have been trying to sell our house for a good while now with no luck. Plenty of viewers but nothing comes from them. We have tried taking money of asking price & putting it as a fixed price but still no luck. Its really frustrating & upsetting. The fact is it is a lovely house, newly built (so doors & windows are still under guarantee) Just not big enough for us. Heres hoping things improve soon

katarina
23-Jul-10, 18:29
there's a recession on - haven't you noticed? nothing is moving.