PDA

View Full Version : Minnie RYRIE

sandyr1
21-Jul-10, 09:02
Looking for anyone knowing of Minnie RYRIE, who lived in Southern Ontario, possible in the Guelph area. She Immigrated to Canada in 1910 and was likely born in the late 1890's at Whaligoe.
Please contact swiney15@hotmail.com.

trinkie
21-Jul-10, 13:40
Have you got the Passenger Lists for UK Incoming
1920 1930 1944.
( Clerk )

sandyr1
21-Jul-10, 15:01
Yes I know she came here(Canada), but am trying to find any relatives..
There is an extensive Family tree but she is not mentioned....and approx 30 years ago I rec'd a painting which was mailed to me on her behalf, and I am just getting around to locating relatives...
Took 9 years of retirement to get caught up/ terrible really!
But thanks....

sandyr1
10-Nov-10, 03:29
My namesake, Sandy Ryrie from the Glasgow area, was recently in Wick and met with an Eva Waugh, who fortunately knew the story of Minnie Ryrie and how she had come to North America..
Her married name was Mrs. Leanord Hodgson and she lived in the Alliston area....approx 2 hours from where I am, in Southern Ontario.....
A very strange part of this is that when I was a young boy I remember my parents receiving some items and Xmas Cards from a Mrs. L. Hodgson., of Canada.
I remember the Scenes of Snow, Lakes and summer homes and this is what gave me perhaps that insight to think of Canada as my future destination.........and it is!
Such an interesting story and a sma' World.
Now I guess I should contact the family/ it will be interesting as there is no Hodgsons at the original address, but I am sure a few phone calls with open up Avenues.
Regards....sandyr

helenbmerry
07-Jul-12, 08:53
Hi Sandy
How did that search go?
Helen (your not-cousin!)