PDA

View Full Version : lighterlife

elastic band
09-Jul-10, 14:28
hi everyone,

my sister and i are thinking about trying this and wondered if anyone has tried it in the past or is trying it now. How do you cope with the hunger and does the weight stay off. we know its expensive so want to make sure its worth it before we think about joining

we would appreciate any advice or info please

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 14:32
Save your money, swim, walk, run, take up a sport and stop eating so much. Harsh, but it's the only way.

Phill
09-Jul-10, 14:34
I am obviously missing something here but I guess this is another fad diet thing?

How do you cope with the hunger and does the weight stay off. we know its expensive

Reading that it sounds like a ripoff, if yer starving yersel then it shouldn't be expensive, you'll be saving on the food yer not buyin! :confused

twiglet
09-Jul-10, 15:01
Or I can recommend hypnosis (the hypnoband). I had it for the behaviour therapy that comes with it. Have tried all kinds of diets and didn't like the sound or price of lighter life. I know people that have used it successfully and some unsuccessfully. Alternative Vitality at Wick offer the hypnoband. Was the best thing I ever did and am saving a fortune in food and yes, you do have to do the exercise thing as well. lol

Dadie
09-Jul-10, 15:15
My aunt is doing well on the scottish slimmers plan!
Dont really fancy the lighter life plan as it seems really expensive.
But if it gives you the results you are after it might be worth it.
You might find its great or awful but it is only you that can decide!
Good luck in losing the pounds no matter which method you decide on!

reddevil
09-Jul-10, 15:53
it is so so hard for anybody to shed the pounds,i found that i enjoy walking on the beach,which is great exercise and enjoyable,if you and your sister go for walks together it cost nothing and its good for you,diets are bad in my few once you lose some weight feel good you then realise you miss a wee bag of chips or a wee cake,why deny yourself,we only have one go on this earth,enjoy it,dont diet just do a little walking and enjoy.

dragonfly
09-Jul-10, 16:33
for lighterlife to work you have to stick to it ridgidly which means no cheating at all, I know a few people who have been on it, some successfully keeping it off, others putting it back on once resuming a normal diet

as with any diet, you'll have to weigh up (no pun intended) the pro's and con's and see if such a restrictive and costly diet is for you - but it does work for all those I have seen on it

ShelleyCowie
09-Jul-10, 16:43
I dont actually like the word diet anymore....as soon as i hear it i want a biscuit! :lol:

Anyways i done scottish slimmers a few years ago. Went from 10st 4lbs down to 9st in a space of 5-6 weeks. Too much loss for my height at just over 5ft 8. Anyways. after having athrun i went to Slimming world and that wasnt really for me. Seemed a bit much hard work for a diet although i did like the thought i could eat as much as i wanted haha.

After this baby its just going to be decent eating and plenty of exercise. Although i havent put on as much weight as i did with athrun.

Plenty of the right foods is all it needs. Maybe you could get a scales and a few friends to join in, pay in a few pound a week yourselves to save up for a pampering trip away once you all reach the 1stone loss mark or something. Far better putting the money away for yourselves :Razz

jings00
09-Jul-10, 16:52
my pal has done this lighterlife thing and has shed the pounds. the more weight you have to lose the more it will cost, i believe. you do get counselling with it as well.
i have lost about three stone, and that is by screwing the nut and cuttin out the crap, smaller portions. i try to excercise more and have joined the gym.
But..the way i see it, it is about changing your eating habits and lifestyle, and you have to do it yourself, no one else can do it for ya. This is a lifelong thing, not just a diet for six months or however long, if you want to make it work. Also I am a mean git and totally grudge payin someone else to weigh me and tell me how well/bad i am doing.

Kodiak
09-Jul-10, 17:43
This is the web page of Lighter Life Lite, it has been advertised quite a lot on TV :-

http://www.lighterlife.com/how_does_lighterlife_work/my_bmi_is_between_25_and_299.aspx?gclid=CJWZg77x3q ICFRQ8lAodzEQn9A

EDDIE
09-Jul-10, 18:20
hi everyone,

my sister and i are thinking about trying this and wondered if anyone has tried it in the past or is trying it now. How do you cope with the hunger and does the weight stay off. we know its expensive so want to make sure its worth it before we think about joining

we would appreciate any advice or info please

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Dieting is the wrong way to look at loosing weight you have to change your eating habits for good and not for the short term to make any real difference on a long term view and its not as easy as it looks

macbreeza
09-Jul-10, 19:07
if you want to do it do it! dont let anyone bully you into not doing it its up to you!!! I have done it and i lost 5 stone in 20 weeks, the people who say stuff like just eat healthy and exercise dont really get what goes on in the head of an emotional eater and how much you can really punish yourself with food. If you are determined you will lose weight if you really want to regardless of how you do it ie, slimming world, scottish slimmers, lighterlife etc. Do it for you and no one else. The hardest thing is keeping it off losing it is easy! Good luck in your weight loss venture however you choose to do it x

Mik.M.
09-Jul-10, 19:42
Follow the Billy Conolly Diet......Eat less and move about a lot more.;)

clover
09-Jul-10, 22:49
go to boots the chemist and try the tony ferguson diet it is the same but lots cheaper. good luck

windness
09-Jul-10, 23:54
How much does the lighter life diet cost roughly?

annthracks
10-Jul-10, 11:56
How much does the lighter life diet cost roughly?

about 66 quid a week isn't it?

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 13:45
My OH got one of those vibrating plate things a couple of months ago, are they any good? Its was used for a fortnight and has been hibernating under the stairs since then.

telfordstar
10-Jul-10, 14:03
about 66 quid a week isn't it?

Gee whiz, youd need to be minted to pay that, slim fast would be cheaper!

tiger woods
10-Jul-10, 14:20
Gee whiz, youd need to be minted to pay that, slim fast would be cheaper!
Abstention from pies, chips and burgers would be even cheaper.

Jenni
10-Jul-10, 23:46
Does seem expensive but when you think what you spend on food, sweeties, juice etc it actually isn't that bad. It was the only diet that worked for me.

dragonfly
11-Jul-10, 08:02
Abstention from pies, chips and burgers would be even cheaper.

thats a very tunnel visioned view!

Does seem expensive but when you think what you spend on food, sweeties, juice etc it actually isn't that bad. It was the only diet that worked for me.

it certainly has jenni, you are looking great on it!

mummieslilgirl
11-Jul-10, 11:40
Or I can recommend hypnosis (the hypnoband). I had it for the behaviour therapy that comes with it. Have tried all kinds of diets and didn't like the sound or price of lighter life. I know people that have used it successfully and some unsuccessfully. Alternative Vitality at Wick offer the hypnoband. Was the best thing I ever did and am saving a fortune in food and yes, you do have to do the exercise thing as well. lol

what exactly do they do for this and how much does it cost and how long does it work for?

jings00
11-Jul-10, 12:58
It has worked great for my friend too, she says it is the best diet she has ever been on. Whatever way you choose, good luck cos i ken it isny easy.

elastic band
11-Jul-10, 20:00
Hi folks,

thank you all so much for both public and private replies. We are very grateful for all stories shared and its so nice to have a forum where people are willing to share their experiences -both good and bad.

We haven't quite decided what we are going to do yet -and yes we realise there is no magic or easy way to do this. That is why it is so reassuring to have friendly people willing to share their experiences and advice with us.

thank you again orgers.

x

lotsashoos
12-Jul-10, 16:53
Hi, I did LL 2 years ago and lost over 4 stone in 5 months and have kept it off. It was the easiest plan I have ever followed (and there have been many!!) but I really think its the counselling that you get that helps more than anything. Its easy for some to say ' eat less and exercise more' if only it was that easy... the counselling you get with LL helps you to look at why you overeat and helps you find strategies to stop you doing it in the future. It also helps you to change your habits and lifestyle so that you dont put the weight back on and you get support for as long as you need it once you have lost the weight and that doesnt cost you anything... but as with anything...if you go back to a bad diet, you will put the weight back on. Since LL started in Caithness, I have met loads of people (men & women) who have followed the plan and lost weight quickly and easily. Its the best thing I ever did, I just wish I had done it years ago! Good luck with whatever you choose.