PDA

View Full Version : Wick Academy Development Fund

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

pat
01-Feb-11, 10:14
Liked that one Gollach
Received an email from OSCR this morning and thought YES
but NO it was their quarterly report on what is happening at OSCR.
They have a new chairperson the Reverend Dr Graham Forbes CBE, he may get the mechanism working quicker so we should expect the answers to our questions shortly.

John Little
01-Feb-11, 23:10
The Groat might help....

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/9136/Anniversary_marks_start_of_fundraising_drive.html

Alice in Blunderland
02-Feb-11, 22:00
The Groat might help....

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/9136/Anniversary_marks_start_of_fundraising_drive.html

Sorry are you wanting us to nominate WADF the current organisation that are having a little trouble raising more funds due to 'troublemakers' :eek: :Razz

John Little
02-Feb-11, 23:02
It was this bit that caught my attention;

"Is there something your group needs to buy or a project you hope to complete?"

Good offer I thought...

Alice in Blunderland
03-Feb-11, 08:36
It was this bit that caught my attention;

"Is there something your group needs to buy or a project you hope to complete?"

Good offer I thought...

You could be on to something there.

Tubthumper
09-Feb-11, 17:49
Selling raffles for one of my good causes this week, I noticed that every ticket has a unique number, which I believe is standard practice, required for the Council license to run a small lottery. But I could be wrong.

However, the WADF's tickets did not seem to have numbers at all, which must have made it hard to work out how many tickets they sold each week and who the winners were. As Mr 'Honest Guv' Carter & Co. don't seem to be speaking to me any more, I wonder if anyone else knows why they did that?

Tubthumper
17-Feb-11, 16:08
The WADF's AGM is usually held in May. I hope the OSCR's investigation concludes soon so we can all get our memberships sorted out and get along to vote for committee members of this charity. Remember that membership is supposed to be 'open to any individual aged 18 or over who actively supports the aims and objects of the Fund and to any group or body which actively supports the aims and objects of the Fund'.

However, looking at the Objects of the Fund I wonder how the current committee can say they themselves 'actively support' the very aims and objects the Fund was set up to pursue: 'to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick and its environs without distinction of sex, sexuality, political , religious or other opinions by associating with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities , in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure - time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved'.

I have 'other opinions', yet they have barred me from joining.
They, through their intransigence and secrecy, have actively prevented the money we donated from being used to advance education, provide facilities etc
By refusing to allow free membership and committee elections, they are preventing progress towards the aims & objects
As no-one trusts the the current chairman and secretary (because they harass people and lie) the Fund cannot progress, yet they will not step aside
They haven't had any meaningful interaction with authorities, voluntary organisations or inhabitants

I think they're 'actively preventing' progress! What will it take to wrest our money away from these people?

Also, I hope that the issue hasn't been forgotten because of protest movements in the Middle East, where they're trying to overcome secrecy and self-interest. Affairs in our own East are in need of attention as well!

Tubthumper
22-Feb-11, 23:57
I'm becoming ever more fascinated by Mr Carter's claims (see pages 14 & 15). Particularly the part about how WADF saved a club from extinction as they'd got themselves into a bit of a pickle. As I've pointed out before, any pickle the club was in must have been because of Gunn and Carter, as they were the power behind the secretive running of a club which appeared well supported, with a strong fan base and good potential for fundraising. But was failing in football and cash terms.

Gunn & Carter were repeatedly re-elected as chairman and secretary in fair and open elections despite no members in the club admitting to wanting them in charge. Note that the 'free and open' elections included proxy votes -some of them apparently cast on behalf of people who had never joined Wick Academy and had no idea their names were being used!

And once Gunn & Carter were finally hoofed out, the club did indeed find that it was in dire financial straits, with only something like £7 in the bank! So, one has to ask, how could the Chair & Secretary of WADF manage to get away with transferring what must have been a substantial amount of the club's money away from the club?

But just to finish off, here's a little quiz:
20 offshore guys sell 100 tickets per week at £1 each (they're offered a 20% cut, but choose not to take it), 30 onshore people sell 50 tickets a week each at £1 a go, and a number of shops and clubs in Wick sell 200 tickets per week between them.
a) How much money comes in per week?
b) How much comes in per year?
c) How much interest would come in at 4% pa?
d) How many new cars could be bought with the total income?
e) What capacity stadium could be bought with 50% of the income from 10 years?

Please post your answers here, don't be afraid. The hysterical antics of our chums in the WADF are slowly becoming clearer.

My, they must have had a right old laugh at our expense!

gleeber
23-Feb-11, 00:19
Gosh Tubthumper your making it sound like a massive fraud. Surely never?

Tubthumper
23-Feb-11, 00:37
Fraud? Perish the thought Gleeber! :eek:

I'm just pondering on 10 remarkable years of a sporting group raising funds on our behalf! And thinking of who else might like to join us in our idle meanderings...

Phill
23-Feb-11, 00:42
20 x 100 + (30 x 50) + 200 =

Please post your answers here, don't be afraid.

I've ran out of fingers n' toes!

sam09
23-Feb-11, 00:50
Every raffle ticket must have a unique number to prevent fraud,if these raffle tickets do not have a number I would report to police as a fraudulent scheme and leave it for them to investigate.

Tubthumper
23-Feb-11, 01:20
For example: The WADFs 2004/05 return showed a gross income of £38 382. Perhaps £5045 is interest on ~£101 000 in the bank (at 5% - based on 5 years of similar activity and interest), meaning that ticket sales would account for £33 337 of income. That equates to 641 tickets sold per week on average, a huge number. A large network of 40 sellers and outlets would have to shift a massive 16 tickets each per week to sustain that level of income. And bear in mind that (according to Mr 'The Truth Is Out There' Carter) most of the ticket sales were made offshore, where money was tight and the people had so many other diversions to spend their readies on.

It must have been very hard for the WADF members to sustain that level of income for the fund while earning a living at the same time. Despite their failings, well done to them I say!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-11, 15:30
I've ran out of fingers n' toes!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHXapaA1mROeycR1-V2gMkrET1OFXR9Xztn8izKHUgd2u0ZwMG

To help you out Phill :D

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-11, 11:46
Tubs you must be a popular guy can you empty out your inbox got some info to send you :D ;)

Tubthumper
25-Feb-11, 13:26
Cleared oot Alice, sorry about that!

pat
25-Feb-11, 14:19
OSCR are taking a very very long time with the enquiry into the running of charity NoSCO32787 - most unusual for them, they must have a lot to question and to re-investigate.
May get in touch with OSCR to ask when answers will be available to the questions I have asked.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-11, 16:07
Everything's gone very quiet ...............No OSCR report no WADF statements and no more Archer ;)

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-11, 16:09
And Thanks Tubs maybe you should request a bigger in box since you are so popular :D

katarina
01-Mar-11, 09:44
oh my goodness - has nothing happened yet? How long have we been try9ing to get answers?

Tubthumper
01-Mar-11, 18:13
Nothing's happened yet Katrina; no word on memberships, no sign of a footie stadium, nothing about the High School, no clarification on how many tickets were sold or prizes distributed to raise the £132 000. Just waiting, waiting, waiting.

Mr Gunn & Mr Carter have gone quiet though haven't they? And Mrs Carter too, although she maybe took umbrage at himself using her caithness.org login name from his work.

catran
01-Mar-11, 22:32
Surely the committee is made up of more than Mr Gunn, Mr Carter and Mrs Carter - where are the other members hiding?

pat
02-Mar-11, 09:29
If you read the rest of this extremely long long saga you will find all members listed - they are all keeping their heads down and mouths zipped - part of the secret society or is it fear of what one may utter and say unwittingly and drop them all in the mire?

fender
02-Mar-11, 13:50
Surely the committee is made up of more than Mr Gunn, Mr Carter and Mrs Carter - where are the other members hiding?

Van Diemans Land!!

pat
02-Mar-11, 18:50
Or could have gone to the Grand Cayman to the area which does not have coral, has lava instead, goes by the name of Hell - yes it does exist, but they may be thinking they may be there soon enough.

Tubthumper
03-Mar-11, 17:48
Over 70 000 views! Golly, who would have thought away back in July 2010, when the WADF committee threatened legal action and this thread kicked off, that we'd have come this far?!

Amazing. Just wish Mr Gunn and co. would listen to their community, open up and admit new members. As it is I can't see how they pass any kind of charity test. :roll:

catran
03-Mar-11, 20:35
Can anyone start a charity? Why does the law not investigate or is it all above board ?

Alice in Blunderland
18-Mar-11, 15:03
This thread got me thinking about WADF

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?138789-When-is-a-Charity-Not-a-Charity

golach
18-Mar-11, 16:17
This thread got me thinking about WADF

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?138789-When-is-a-Charity-Not-a-Charity

Me too Alice

pat
01-Apr-11, 17:36
Just received OSCR Reporter but no update on WADF.
As I am going to Edinburgh at the end of next week then heading up to Dundee and Aberdeen will take the opportunity to pop into OSCRs office in Dundee to see if they can give me a verbal update on what is happening or even a paper update which would be much better.
Will phone on Monday to make an appointment for when I am in Dundee - that way they cannot say I do not have an appointment.
Wonder what difference a visit will make.

Tubthumper
01-Apr-11, 18:14
Can anyone start a charity? It seems they can! But how clever is the system.

Let's say you're involved in a Youth Club which relies on the community to survive. Everybody does their bit and the club is well supported. But then suddenly your chairman, secretary and a few of their mates set up a Youth Club Development Fund. They say it's to buy a new clubhouse, but refuse to tell anybody in the club (ordinary members, kids etc) what the Fund is about and how much is in it. Using the club's name and address they manage to set it up as a charity, but no-one except their pals is allowed to join. That's fine except the club isn't seeing anything from the Fund.

It gradually soaks up all the income in the area, and the club starts to suffer. The 'Development Fund' grudgingly give some money to the club to save it from oblivion, but whenever anyone asks what's going on they get sworn at.

No-one can figure out how there is a pot of money that people have donated to the club, which the club can't access. Eventually suspicion abounds and its impossible to raise funds for the club. At the committee elections the chairman tries to use mysterious postal votes to save his position but still gets booted out - But he amazingly manages to take control of the Development Fund with him and his cronies!

With only £7 in the bank, the club is stuck. But the community rallies round and the starts getting it back on its feet. But questions remain -

What's happening to the money, and how did they manage to remain a charity?
How did the ex-chairman & his mates manage to take the club's money away from it?
How were they allowed to continue using the club's name, and why did they want to do that?
Why were they not keen to let anyone else get involved?

In this hypothetical situation, there would come a time for people to decide whether they want questions answered or whether they couldn't be bothered. The difficulty for the authorities is always proving that wrongdoing has taken place. That would require looking at things like:

How many tickets were printed vs how many sold?
What records were kept and how accurate were they?
Can people with no obvious source of income prove how they have purchased assets?

It remains to be seen whether our local 'real-life' Development Fund will survive a second OSCR investigation, but if it does, there may be further action that can be taken - if anyone thinks it's worthwhile!

But let's just remind ourselves that
a) Mr Carter lied about his wife's org username
b) Mr Gunn has been done for harassing a person, and the basis of the harassment was the WADF
c) Mr Gunn seems to have lied to the press when he claimed the WADF had been in touch with the Council regarding progress - It seems that he hadn't spoken to anyone in an official Council capacity.

What are they all up to these days? :lol:

Alice in Blunderland
01-Apr-11, 18:15
Jeeez pat I thought you were going to give us a larf there for a moment given the date 1st April. This whole thing has become quite the joke tho hasnt it!

pat
01-Apr-11, 20:58
If I manage to get an appointment to discuss this matter I will advise you of what is happening with OSCR, after my appointment.
Luckily I am staying in Dundee for a couple of nights as could not get booked into where I wanted in Aberdeen, been booked for a few months now so may as well use some of my time trying to clear up WADF.
OSCR will be my main appointment, then I have a few folk I must see as they no longer come over to visit the island and must visit a young lad about getting a new mobile contract.

Tubthumper
08-Apr-11, 12:12
This thread seems to have had an effect. Our chums at WADF have submitted their annual Statement of Accounts to the OSCR well ahead of schedule, unlike last year where they forgot to send them and had to be reminded.

Their income for the year was £1522.00. I suppose the 'Honorary Officers' or 'charity trustees' must have had a meeting to approve them; I wonder whether they voted Mr Carter out for being a fibber and making the WADF a laughing stock? Also I wonder if 'Lifetime Executive Director of All Things' Mr Gunn managed to survive without referring to postal votes this time? Was the subject of new memberships discussed at all?

I just can't wait to see the statement...

Moira
08-Apr-11, 21:46
Any idea of where the income came from or do we have to wait for the full statement?

Tubthumper
08-Apr-11, 21:49
I'd imagine it would be pretty much all interest on the £132 000 they have stashed away, doing nothing much.

Plus £10 from me of course, for the copies of their constitution and accounts. Which they're allowed to charge for (but only as much as it costs to produce).

But no membership fees from new members, because they're afraid to let anyone else join.

Moira
08-Apr-11, 22:13
Yes, of course, silly me.

I'd not thought about the interest or the contribution from you Tubthumper. My own bank balance/investments produce so little interest, I've lost interest.

Thanks for the prompt reply and keep plugging away. :D

Tubthumper
21-Apr-11, 13:15
Latest News!

"OSCR did not produce or publish a report into the Wick Academy Development Fund (SC032787) in March 2007."

The John O'Groat Journal announced on 9th March 2007 that OSCR's investigation, started in 2004, was concluded. I'm surprised that the OSCR's conclusion was reached without some form of 'report'. Of course, it may be that the terms 'report' and 'produced or published in March 2007' were too specific. Perhaps a refinement of the wording is needed. Ho Hum.

pat
22-Apr-11, 20:29
Hi Tubthumper
That seems extremely unusual for OSCR to investigate but not to produce or publish a report into an investigation - all a bit extremely wiffy.
Which government set up does not produce enough paper to cover itself from any and all claims of any kind.
Agree with you the wording does need clarified completely.

theone
28-Apr-11, 14:48
In the news today that a local charity has been cleared of misconduct allegations.

I can't help but wonder if an altogether different outcome will come about in the case of WADF.

Tubthumper
02-May-11, 22:31
I doubt there will be any finding of financial misconduct, but I'm sure there will be comment on the conduct of the clowns running this charity for the last ten years, who have run their 'open' charity in a way that has generated such anger in the very community they claim to 'work for the benefit of'.

Why can no-one else get a say in what's going on? How are they able to keep everyone at arms length? Why, when they've been shown to be completely incapable of achieving the charity's aim, and have openly lied and threatened people, are they still able to consider themselves 'charity trustees'?

And Mr Carter (AKA The Archer, Pinnochio, Mrs Carter) if you're still acting on behalf of the WADF I think you should check your mail and make arrangements for what you need to do by law - unless you're intending treating me and everyone else like idiots AGAIN!

Alice in Blunderland
04-May-11, 08:56
Its easy to see why no one can get a say in whats going on.....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6X4HoqbXV5vHGCI--KSfnpUaG9F0A1Nk8nnJgo6HCECXPoFEKnQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp2zsow7QOOb3ogkaP43OnHmbKU5Z0K Egi0JXT_4l3wYN5D3JMzw

Dummies and rattles have been well and truly tossed out the pram.

Until they are picked up and placed back in no-one or nothing is going to soothe the baby (s). ;)

Alice in Blunderland
09-May-11, 09:46
Tubs looks like you are a popular boy again. Can you empty that message box and attend to it more regularly !!! I will then be able to send mine to you without getting a silly message back :D

Tubthumper
10-May-11, 12:20
Could anyone who was involved in the previous OSCR inquiriy enlighten me regarding how the process is done? I'm concerned that, having received sufficient information to initiate action, they take evidence from only the Charity concerned and don't follow it up by allowing those with concerns to examine the material submitted in order to argue or refute it if necessary. Can anyone tell me if that's the case?

As our chums in the WADF have no qualms about bending the truth on here, I bet they'll be very selective about what they tell the OSCR. And I'm worried that we'll never know what the WADF say to the OSCR or whether it's completely correct.

pat
08-Jun-11, 16:58
An investigation taking this long OSCR must have encountered a good few questions which require answering correctly and appropriately.
If the committee of WADF are taking as long to answer OSCR as they did anyone else who asked WADF committee questions, not answsering the questions actually asked of WADF committee but giving answers they want people to take without any substantiation and quite a few misleading answers they will now be discovering OSCR do not take anything at face value - their job is to investigate completely.
Wonder when our questions will be answered - anyone ask the psychic who was up in Thurso recently?

Tubthumper
09-Jun-11, 12:13
Bit of a coincidence you saying that Pat: Yesterday the 8th of June 2011, in response to my letter of 20th April 2011, I received the latest statement of account of the WADF. Over 45 days seems a bit of a long time to send documents which were submitted to OSCR away back in February.

As The Archer pointed out away back in time, the Regulations under which the WADF operate don't specify a time for organisations to respond to a legitimate request for this information. However it seems like our chums are STILL making it as hard as possible for anyone to deal with them!

By the way, I requested the information electronically and it arrived by e-mail as .jpegs (ie scanned). And I wasn't charged for it either!

Tubthumper
09-Jun-11, 12:24
I've been away and have just been catching up on here. I checked the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005, Chapter 3, Section 23, "Entitlement to information about charities" and there is no mention of any time limit for a response...so i'm afraid that it's neither 14 working days or 14 days. Patience may be required by all !!
This was from The Archer on 1st August 2010, turned out to be from Mr Carter - or was it his wife?

Tubthumper
09-Jun-11, 12:25
And this was posted on the 2nd of August...
Tubthumper- Woah go easy...I'm just sharing some knowledge i've gleaned from reading the charitable laws - that doesn't mean that i've anything to do with WADF.

Tubthumper
09-Jun-11, 12:48
Who's going to get the 800th post? :Razz

ducati
09-Jun-11, 15:03
Who's going to get the 800th post? :Razz

Me So when are we going to find out about er everything?

Tubthumper
09-Jun-11, 23:09
Well done Duke, you win the main prize - a weekend with the WADF, they're paying!

Seriously though, perhaps once the OSCR have finished their inquiries we'll find out more. But I doubt we'll ever know the whole story.

Sad that a chance to provide a worthwhile facility has been lost because of the silliness and arrogance of those with their paws on the wheel.

DMFB
27-Jul-11, 08:46
Any updates on this most interesting saga? I am so dismayed that not even the massive negative feedback that has been given on this forum has not seemingly made a difference to how this group work.I reckon I will be popping up daisys long before a sports venue ever comes from a single penny of this money.Shame on all involved in this fiasco involving public money!

pat
27-Jul-11, 09:22
Hi DMFB
Have not heard anything but personally have not forgotten about this particular committee and its fundraising past - it may be currently on the very far back boiler as far as many folk are concerned but it is still very much a boiling pot as far as I am concerned.
If OSCR do find something they are not happy about they HAVE to alert the correct authorities - police, inland revenue, etc so they have to ensure all their investigations are thorough and complete.
Everyday when I switch on computer or the post comes along I hope there will be some answers - not a day goes by but I am on the look out for answers to questions I have asked.
Because there are no new posts on here does not mean it has gone away - just at 'No Answers Available As Yet'.

webmannie
04-Aug-11, 11:45
Noticed this just now on NC website, please be warned, there are some BAD people out there stealing from charities!

A 34-year-old man has been arrested and reported to the Procurator Fiscal in Wick in connection with alleged theft from charities.

http://www.northern.police.uk/News-and-Media/news-item.htm?item_id=PR3494_2011

DMFB
06-Aug-11, 08:36
Hi DMFB
Have not heard anything but personally have not forgotten about this particular committee and its fundraising past - it may be currently on the very far back boiler as far as many folk are concerned but it is still very much a boiling pot as far as I am concerned.
If OSCR do find something they are not happy about they HAVE to alert the correct authorities - police, inland revenue, etc so they have to ensure all their investigations are thorough and complete.
Everyday when I switch on computer or the post comes along I hope there will be some answers - not a day goes by but I am on the look out for answers to questions I have asked.
Because there are no new posts on here does not mean it has gone away - just at 'No Answers Available As Yet'.

Thank you for the update.I did think that it would be a case of things moving along quietly in the background.I hope the end result is indeed something for the benefit of those who have contributed into this fund and not those who seem to have lost sight of why this fund fund was set up in the first place.

Phill
06-Aug-11, 11:25
I recently had a letter back from John Thurso's office. He has been chasing OSCR, but the update is there is no update. They are still carrying out their investigations apparently, and will report back once these are complete.

Corrie 3
06-Aug-11, 12:07
I recently had a letter back from John Thurso's office. He has been chasing OSCR, but the update is there is no update. They are still carrying out their investigations apparently, and will report back once these are complete.

Thanks for that Phill !

C3.

pat
08-Aug-11, 18:25
Thought I was getting an email answer but no - yet again, this was the information I received!
Should I attend the meeting and ask a few questions?

In this issue

OSCR Reporter: welcome

OSCR Annual Open Meeting 2011: apply now

OSCR publishes Interim Equality Strategy 2011-12

OSCR Online: get ready for change

Get your charity ready for change

OSCR Online: our new services

In other news

New look for OSCR website

Check out the design changes to OSCR's website.

Corporate Plan 2011-14

Read our updated Corporate Plan.

Monday 8 August

OSCR Reporter: welcome

Welcome to our new look OSCR Reporter.

It has been a busy few months for us with the registration of the first Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIOs), a new legal form unique to Scottish charities, and the introduction of a new look website.

We have now opened the booking process for our fifth annual conference which will be held on Tuesday 20 September 2011 at the Perth Concert Hall, Perth. Spaces are limited and we encourage early booking of this popular event.

In addition, we have launched our latest publications: Interim Equality Strategy 2011-12 and Corporate Plan 2011-14. Both have been developed through consultation with the sector, and I hope you will take the time to read these important publications.

I hope that you find this latest edition useful. We greatly value your feedback so if you have any suggestions or comments about OSCR Reporter, or items that you would like to see covered, please email us at communications@oscr.org.uk

Jane Ryder

OSCR Chief Executive

OSCR Annual Open Meeting 2011: apply now

Our fifth annual open meeting has been confirmed for Tuesday 20 September 2011 at Perth Concert Hall, Perth. This event will see charity representatives meet the Regulator face to face, hear about the latest developments, and network with sector colleagues.

In addition to presentations on OSCR's work and current priorities, there will be three breakout sessions:
Who's in Charge? - independence and control in charites.
What's a SCIO? - the new legal form and its requirements.
Public Benevolent Collections - the new Regulations and their intended impact.

Places are limited and are expected to be taken up quickly, so early application is recommended.

Find out more and apply for your place here.

OSCR publishes Interim Equality Strategy 2011-12

Following a positive three month public consultation we have published our Interim Equality Strategy 2011-12. This strategy outlines how we will fulfil our commitments both under the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 and the Equality Act 2010 to deliver our functions in a manner which:
encourages equal opportunities
aims to eliminate unlawful discrimination prohibited by equality legislation
fosters good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.

We will meet our equality duties through three main strands of work: the development of policy, service delivery, and our regulatory functions. While we will continue to mainstream equality in our work, we will also widen our equality focus to consider more fully the impact of anti-discrimination requirements on the activities of charities.

This is an interim strategy as we are awaiting further guidance on the public sector duties. Information on how we will take forward our proposals is available from the:
Interim Equality Strategy 2011-12

Regular updates will be provided throughout the year.

OSCR Online: get ready for change

In March this year we announced our appointment of a contractor – Amor – to deliver the technical changes needed for our new online services.

Previously called Integrated Reporting, OSCR Online will make it faster and easier for your charity to report to the Regulator.

Our development work is continuing as planned, and we will begin to test the new system shortly, inviting feedback from charities in September to refine and shape the final design. We aim to announce a firm launch date later in the year once we have thoroughly tested the system and confirmed that it is ready for use.

We have a summary of the OSCR Online changes and some Frequently Asked Questions on our website. We will update this information as more information becomes available.

In the meantime, you need to prepare now for OSCR Online.

Get your charity ready for change

It is important that your charity’s contact details are up to date. If you have provided us with a contact email address, either when registering as a charity, or on your annual return, we will start to use this to communicate with you over the next few months, in preparation for the launch of OSCR Online. Please make sure that your charity’s contact details, including email address, are up to date. You should also visit our website on a regular basis to keep up to date with developments.

Where we have no email address, we will continue to contact charities by post. However, we are keen to use electronic communication wherever possible as this achieves cost and environmental savings – important factors for OSCR as a public body.

In addition, by signing up for electronic communication, you are notified of developments straight away, ensuring that your charity is kept up to date. If you have not yet provided us with an email address for your charity, or if you need to update your principal contact details, you can read how to do so here.

OSCR Online: our new services

OSCR Online will make it quicker and easier for charities to report to OSCR. It will also provide more information to the public through the Scottish Charity Register, and improve efficiency for OSCR as Regulator. You can read a summary of the key changes on our website.

Remember – the launch of OSCR Online is approaching. Please make sure your contact details are up to date and make sure that your charity is ready.

DMFB
12-Aug-11, 20:48
ah well all things come to those who wait.Answers will eventually come forward to all your questions.

Tubthumper
16-Aug-11, 19:46
I must admit I'm getting a bit frustrated at the inordinately long time it's taking the OSCR to deal with this. With the exception of the 65-page epic our chum Mr Carter submitted on behalf of the WADF so long ago, has anyone heard any word from OSCR or been contacted about the matter?
I couldn't understand how the last investigation was concluded without any kind of report on the proceedings, and in this case I can't comprehend how it has taken so long without any apparent action. Obviously 'things may be going on behind the scenes'... but what? What great mysteries are there? Who needs to be contacted in great secrecy? What must be debated at length by the powers that be?
Playing the 'long game' might pay dividends in filtering out vexatious complaints, and there may be a resourcing issue, but for goodness sake! I have great patience but I think it's time the OSCR were asked about how their processes actually work, and precisely what it is that takes so long.

sandyr1
25-Aug-11, 17:56
Was just checking to see how your doing T., and as always it's the same story...Have our 'politicians' no 'pull' here/ or is it too Political and dangerous for them to intercede. And what about the Media/ usually they are all for 'story', especially if there is a bit o' dirt in it! Like the 'wifee' on Caithness.org.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Sep-11, 20:53
Goodness is this saga still going on...? Now there's a possibility of a new community high school and two new primary schools ...... but still no sports facility ah well maybe one day.

Corrie 3
24-Sep-11, 21:11
Time to call in the polis !!! Enuf is enuf!!!
They are just taking the pee now!!!

C3............:eek::mad:[disgust]

katarina
18-Oct-11, 18:29
my goodness is this still going on? I would have thought you would hav e an answer by now. go to MP me thinks

oldmarine
07-Nov-11, 16:13
Bill: You do a good job of policing this forum.

DMFB
16-Nov-11, 19:44
Its been a while since I had a look on here I am saddend to see there is still no resolve no stadium and I am nearer to pushing up daisies than Wick is to its whatever it is this fund was supposed to provide.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Jan-12, 20:08
Okay another year and I will be the first this year to ask........Any news ?

Tubthumper
13-Jan-12, 21:26
I've heard nothing, from the OSCR or from the WADF. They deserve each other. A community organisation that treats its community with contempt and a regulator that doesn't regulate.

Torvaig
13-Jan-12, 23:06
Tubthumper, I would say you have done your very best to get answers to this saga. It is surely up to OSCR and the community themselves to push for answers as to where their money has gone, maybe even holding a extraordinary public meeting to force the issue and get it publicised in the local press to stir things up. If they are holding community money under false premise surely a crime has been committed?

catran
20-Jan-12, 21:34
Tubthumper, I would say you have done your very best to get answers to this saga. It is surely up to OSCR and the community themselves to push for answers as to where their money has gone, maybe even holding a extraordinary public meeting to force the issue and get it publicised in the local press to stir things up. If they are holding community money under false premise surely a crime has been committed?

It seems suspicious that they have no answers, has a crime has been committed if they are not coming clean y. Looks as if it is a police matter rather than an MP interrogation. What is the problem and why the secrecy? The mind bogles .

Alice in Blunderland
12-Mar-12, 20:56
As we know this thread is being followed by members of the Wick Academy ( not so ) Development Fund so I thought I would be the first to ask this year.

When is the AGM ?

katarina
24-Mar-12, 12:23
Goodness me, have we still got no answers to this question?

secrets in symmetry
24-Mar-12, 14:41
Goodness me, have we still got no answers to this question?Which question?

Someone was pretending to be his wife when he posted. I wonder if he dressed up as her too.

catran
27-Mar-12, 19:51
what do you mean, whose wife?

Which question?

Someone was pretending to be his wife when he posted. I wonder if he dressed up as her too.

DMFB
07-Apr-12, 23:01
I cannot believe ( well really I can ) this has not come to a good ending by now. Shame on all involved with this fund who have thrown their toys out the pram. The biggest losers in this are the people of Caithness who have put money into this fund and will never ( in my case this is high likely ) never see a penny of the money spent on a new sports facility. Man up swallow your pride and just hand the blasted money over to an organisation that will put it tp use!!

Yon Chiel
08-Apr-12, 00:22
But apparently the WADF inner circle were seen holding a meeting in Thurso last Monday night. What was the outcome ?

Alice in Blunderland
12-Apr-12, 21:36
I've just noticed how many views this thread has had.......who would have thought it eh over 100 thousand and still going....;)

gollach
12-Apr-12, 22:31
I've just noticed how many views this thread has had.......who would have thought it eh over 100 thousand and still going....;)

Is that one view for every £ in the fund? :lol:

Tubthumper
19-Apr-12, 12:26
But apparently the WADF inner circle were seen holding a meeting in Thurso last Monday night. What was the outcome ? Discussing use of the fund for the pool/ leisure centre/ gym at the old mart site nest to the High School? Also discussing the finer details of contributing to WAFC's development plans for this year?

Yon Chiel
19-Apr-12, 17:52
Discussing use of the fund for the pool/ leisure centre/ gym at the old mart site nest to the High School? Also discussing the finer details of contributing to WAFC's development plans for this year?

I'm sure that'll be exactly what it says in the Minutes of the meeting.

Alice in Blunderland
20-Apr-12, 18:23
I'm sure that'll be exactly what it says in the Minutes of the meeting.

:eek: :eek: I look forward to reading them. Does anyone have the number for the psychic lady at JOG;)

secrets in symmetry
30-Sep-12, 21:52
Has anything happened regarding this fund, or are the usual suspects still sitting on our money?

pat
26-Mar-13, 16:08
Just had notification that OSCR are going to Wick - time to see if committee turn up and if questions can be answered

https://i10.createsend1.com/ti/r/12/DA8/350/183520/images/header4.160754.jpg

Meet the Charity Regulator event dates announced
Following our successful pilot events in 2012, we’re inviting charity trustees to our Meet the Charity Regulator events.
We will be visiting:

Aberdeen – Tuesday 16 April
Oban – Thursday 25 April
Wick – Wednesday 1 May
This is part of a series of events taking place across the country during 2013.
These events will give you the opportunity to hear about the latest developments in charity regulation, equality and fundraising.
OSCR staff and Board Members will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the issues that are important to your charity.
The events will provide you with an opportunity to meet other charity trustees in your area to:

network with other people, doing work like yours
share your governance stories, good or bad
identify sources of support and guidance
inspire and be inspired!
Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further information and to book your place, please visit the OSCR website (http://oscr.createsend1.com/t/r-l-oydhka-qeldijut-b/)

Alice in Blunderland
27-Mar-13, 10:40
Just had notification that OSCR are going to Wick - time to see if committee turn up and if questions can be answered

https://i10.createsend1.com/ti/r/12/DA8/350/183520/images/header4.160754.jpg

Meet the Charity Regulator event dates announced
Following our successful pilot events in 2012, we’re inviting charity trustees to our Meet the Charity Regulator events.
We will be visiting:

Aberdeen – Tuesday 16 April
Oban – Thursday 25 April
Wick – Wednesday 1 May
This is part of a series of events taking place across the country during 2013.
These events will give you the opportunity to hear about the latest developments in charity regulation, equality and fundraising.
OSCR staff and Board Members will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the issues that are important to your charity.
The events will provide you with an opportunity to meet other charity trustees in your area to:

network with other people, doing work like yours
share your governance stories, good or bad
identify sources of support and guidance
inspire and be inspired!
Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further information and to book your place, please visit the OSCR website (http://oscr.createsend1.com/t/r-l-oydhka-qeldijut-b/)

Given the wall of silence and secrecy to date I doubt there will be any answers soon. I note that nothing ever came from the suggestion that there was a possibility of the fund talking with the new High School development. I am sure that the High School and sports facilities will be up and running and this money will still be sitting being used for the benefit of the community wasted :roll:

Keyser_soze
29-Mar-13, 03:28
If these clowns had spent the cash we gave them this season, WAFC , might have the wee couple o players that them top class bosses always complain about.,... We are ACADEMY from top to bottom I noticed this the other night, Dont ye ever forget it #WAFC

fender
29-Mar-13, 08:26
Keyser - This Fund has got nothing what so ever to do with Wick Academy Football Club.

Alice in Blunderland
29-Mar-13, 12:11
http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/Home/Answers-wanted-over-charity-leisure-fund-6019340.htm

Worth going back and reading all the statements made to the press a couple of years ago and see how much of it has materialised. :roll:

Sad to say it appears that it was all hot air and pipe dreams as the High School is progressing with no news of the adjoining development sorry duplication of services beside it. Maybe they are now secretly in talks to take over the former High School site when it becomes available. ;)

More years down the road and still this money raised through public donations is sitting in a bank account benefiting no one.

DMFB
07-Dec-13, 11:02
Blast from the past this one.Another year almost over and still all this money sitting for the benefit of the locals.Any news anyone? Any meetings. I told you I would be pushing up daisies before anything happens with this cash and Im now in my seventyfifth year. Maybe with advances in medicine I may live to see this money used for the benefit of those it was set up to benefit.

Metalattakk
02-Apr-14, 15:26
First off, apologies for resurrecting this thread, but it seems this story just refuses to lie down.

Front page of today's Courier -

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/News/Wrangle-over-100k-Academy-cash-fund-01042014.htm

Alice in Blunderland
05-Apr-14, 19:17
Its such a shame that this has never been resolved. Money raised by the public still sitting stagnant benefiting no one. The next AGM is when advertised where and who will be able to attend ....all top secret still.

veekay
05-Apr-14, 19:27
Metalattakk it seems only proper that someone raised the question again. Not having had any answer from 'them' after such a long thread and much prodding 'they' need to realise that there a great number of people who want to know what is going on.

Alice in Blunderland
05-Apr-14, 21:08
For such an inactive charity they still manage to have a small amount of expenses ?? How odd. Maybe its for the hire of the huge hall they need for their meetings which are soooo open to the public and sooooo well advertised !!

Or maybe it was successful groups who have applied for funding from this fund.

https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-charity-register/charity-extract/?charitynumber=sc032787

Tubthumper
07-Apr-14, 12:33
OSCR have never followed up the complaints made a whiley back. Even John Thurso just gets a 'enquriies are in progress' note when he queries how things are progressing.
£135 000 in the bank, just sitting there, safe. Academy money, no matter what Bawheid Gunn says.
Meanwhile the committee appear to do nothing to fulfil their obligations.
Has our favourite Chairman been up to any of his old tricks recently? I notice he was a bit shy when the Groat asked for a quote. and Academy could sure do with the cash.
So is anyone going to do anything? Or do we just shrug and say 'Ach weel..'?

Tubthumper
07-Apr-14, 14:52
Once upon a time there was a wee football club. It wasn’t doing very well, partly because its chairman and secretary weren’t any good. And it wasn’t getting better even though its community supported it through buying weekly draw tickets which seemed to take in a lot of money. But it became apparent that the money raised (collected in ‘The Fund’) wasn’t to be used to make the club better despite everyone thinking that, and both entities having the same name.
The Fund was even generous enough to give a wee drop of the Club’s own money to help it through hard times (it was because of the crappy chairman and his crappy mates taking all the money for their Fund that the Club was in the plop anyway – also their rubbish leadership).
And it came to pass that the Club supporters got mightily cheesed off with the chairman and his pals and hoofed them out the door. And lo, to everyone’s disbelief when these jokers went they took the dosh with them, despite everyone involved (except the buffoons on the Fund committee) thinking the money had been raised for the footie club.
And after a while the regulator came along and, to everyone’s double disbelief, found rubbish management of the Fund but no evidence of wrongdoing. And there was newspaper involvement, the MSP and MP asked questions, there was all kinds of claims and lies and obfuscations but the money (£135 000 and rising) sat in a bank account doing sod all for the community that donated it with the expectation it would be spent on the community. And there it remains.
What should the community do? Should it demand access to the dosh they donated? (The committee flatly refuse to let anyone else join their Fund, for fear they’ll take the money). Should OSCR (the regulator) finally direct that the Fund committee need to start doing what their constitution says it will, i.e. do stuff for the benefit of the community? Should the community hold an open meeting and demand that the Fund committee stand up, answer for their actions and state their intentions for the community's money?
Or will the community just shrug and say ‘Ach weel…’?

DMFB
08-Apr-14, 21:26
I have stated it before and I will state it again I very much doubt I will ever see anything happen with this money in my day. I would love to think that all concerned would put aside personal grudges and work together for the benefit of the community. Without thieir donations through purchasing the tickets this fund would have nothing it's only fair that the wishes of the very people who donated their money should be taken into account. Most folk want to see this money released for use why the committee cannot grasp this and act just bemuses me but then I'm just an old man maybe my brains going.

Tubthumper
09-Apr-14, 15:34
'The objects of the Fund shall be to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick and its environs without distinction of sex, sexuality, political , religious or other opinions by associating with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities , in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure - time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved'

DMFB
10-Apr-14, 08:01
Thank you tub thumper for that information.This being the case I don't think they are following this or maybe their objectives has changed.I heard of a couple of organisations who had applied in recent years for help youth football clubs I believe and they were refused money due to it being kept to build a sport facility. As I have always said we will never see this built notin my day. As time has moved on so has the need for these facilities Wick Academy have invested heavily in their facility now the high school will I believe have excellent facilities all these things happening while this money is lying going to no use.DISGRACEFUL!

DMFB
17-Dec-14, 11:19
Oh dear another year has come and almost gone I am another year closer to my end my question is this any development ?

Tubthumper
18-Dec-14, 12:48
Apparently there's not many of them left on the 'committee'. Wonder what happens when they're no longer quorate for their annual meeting? But it doesn't matter as someone reckons no-one's getting 'his' money anyway...

DMFB
28-Dec-14, 12:48
Another year gone another year wasted another year this money has benefitted no on .....DISGRACE but hey one day maybe not in my time but one day. I still remember their post way back saying they were going to be talking to the folks building the high school about a way forward guessthe cats got their tongue and they didnt bother DISGUSTING !!

DMFB
28-Dec-14, 12:56
At what meeting did mr G Oswald Rosebank take over from I think was it not Mr Carter Thursi street his neghbour just a few doors along. How come no one else got an opportunity to put their names forward for this prestigous position.

wickblast
30-Dec-14, 12:56
Im gettin fed up with this nonsence the money is doing no good in the bank give it to east end to build a facility that both them and wick accademy can use. I bought these tickets under the understanding that the people of wick would benifit from my donation.Something needs to be done and fast

DMFB
31-Dec-14, 10:34
I agree and have just done something I never thought in all my years I would do. I phoned the charity regulators in person and voiced my disgust with this whole sorry situation. Iwould suggest everyone else now does the same. 01382 220 446 is the number Iwas given to dial.

Phill
25-Nov-15, 00:05
Right.

This needs dragging back up, methinks.

Any updates, anyone?

Investment from the fund?
Payouts?
Community benefit?

Shaggy
25-Nov-15, 12:34
No.
No.
No.
& No.

probably hoping this all dies down and then go on a shopping spree.....

Alice in Blunderland
25-Nov-15, 19:18
Right.

This needs dragging back up, methinks.

Any updates, anyone?

Investment from the fund?
Payouts?
Community benefit?

Come on now Phill seriously you expect them to have done something with all this money fundraised from the public to benefit their egos sorry the public [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
25-Nov-15, 19:23
I recently attended a meeting where discussion took place about charitys hoarding money and this was part of a response from OSCR it made very interesting reading considering the mess that is this fund

We expect existing charities to in some way provide public benefit, and not simply intend to provide it. This means that there must be activity on the part of an existing charity in the pursuit of their stated purposes as set out in their governing document.

In assessing whether a charity actively provides public benefit we will take a reasonable, fair and proportionate approach and acknowledge that different charities will have very different levels of activity. We acknowledge that there may be periods of apparent inactivity in a charity’s existence. However, we expect these to last for a limited time only and expect that charity trustees will explain them in their Annual Report, which needs to be prepared every year and submitted to OSCR.

Hmm cant think when there last was activity from this charity.

veekay
26-Nov-15, 10:40
I do so love your optimistic thread Phill - Investments, payout, community benefits. I so wish someone would pop along and say well yes and look we have done all this and aren't we wonderful. Of course, they won't, they will just hide as always and tell themselves how wonderful they are.

I issue a challenge to the great 'they' - tell us what is happening!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-15, 18:36
I do so love your optimistic thread Phill - Investments, payout, community benefits. I so wish someone would pop along and say well yes and look we have done all this and aren't we wonderful. Of course, they won't, they will just hide as always and tell themselves how wonderful they are.

I issue a challenge to the great 'they' - tell us what is happening!

Hahahahahaha < picks oneself up of floor dusts oneself down and composes oneself >

If the great THEY respond to you veekay Ill be first person to dance naked round whatever it is they propose to do with the cash....when they do it ..... dont think i will need to rush out and tone up my body anytime soon :D :D

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-15, 18:40
My word over 140,000 views Im impressed but dissapointed it still hasn't prompted any action.

veekay
26-Nov-15, 20:02
Hahahahahaha < picks oneself up of floor dusts oneself down and composes oneself >

If the great THEY respond to you veekay Ill be first person to dance naked round whatever it is they propose to do with the cash....when they do it ..... dont think i will need to rush out and tone up my body anytime soon :D :D

I bet this will get them out there with a ready response!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-15, 21:50
I bet this will get them out there with a ready response!

I would love to lose this bet to you however I bet a nice bottle of wine that they dont. Head in sand rear in air me thinks.

I cant wait to see their ready response if they do provide one it will be something along the lines of your picking on us .... its a vendetta ........... we are working hard in the background...... funny they NEVER did talk to Highland Council like they said they were doing regarding this money and the new school. If they were it certainly wasnt with someone in the know as I remember asking at the time.

BetterTogether
27-Nov-15, 18:33
Not sure if this is the right bunch Wick Academy Development Fund SC032787

but it worth a look

make of it what you will

http://www.oscr.org.uk/search-oscr/charity-details?number=SC032787#results

Alice in Blunderland
28-Nov-15, 00:30
Not sure if this is the right bunch Wick Academy Development Fund SC032787

but it worth a look

make of it what you will

http://www.oscr.org.uk/search-oscr/charity-details?number=SC032787#results

Its them you got the right ones not fundraising anymore just sitting on the money raised from the public.

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 01:28
Sounds like they need a little encouragement from the charities Commision to make sure they are actually discharging their duties properly :lol:

Unless anybody has any objections I shall put out a few feelers and see if there isn't a way of encouraging them to do the right thing in a timely fashion.

Maybe be a little higher profile exposure of this issue rather than the org would be beneficial.

If anyone has any relevant information regarding this please feel free to drop me a PM.

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 01:35
Its them you got the right ones not fundraising anymore just sitting on the money raised from the public.

I'd suggest complaining to the charity first do it via recorded mail and keep a copy.

If you receive no suitable reply in a timely fashion then use the link provided to make an official complaint.

http://www.frsb.org.uk/donors/

If sufficient people are aggrieved by this charities behaviour and feel that no satisfaction is forthcoming a little press exposure never goes amiss.

You can always use political forces to bring a bit more pressure to bear.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Nov-15, 11:05
They have been reported to OSCR by several members of this forum. It ran in the local press for a little while. John Thurso MP became involved and still nothing. They stuck two fingers up at everything and kept the doors closed. They never publicly advertise their AGM no one has a clue about whats going on. Letters recorded delivery have been sent to them on occasion asking for details they only give out the minimum they are required to and even then if I can remember theyasked for a fee to do this....its not as thought he committee are overworked in their daily running of this charity. This was a high profile charity with many local people having bought their cards when they used to be on sale including myself as they used to be on sale in the hospital canteen. Its a disgrace.

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 11:32
I shall do some digging and a bit of rocking in appropriate places see if a bit of leverage won't help a bit. I feel this might be a good cause to allow some of my more tenacious tendencies to vent on.

They can't stonewall forever and have to do something.

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 11:50
I've placed an official complaint in with FRSB to start the ball rolling

veekay
28-Nov-15, 14:19
I wonder how long it will be before a 'committee member' complains to de management and has this thread closed again

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 14:53
Doesn't really matter if they do complain or not it's all a matter of public record now informations has been passed to the relevant people and new pressure shall be applied in ways and forms they won't appreciate.
They have legal obligations to fulfil all that is required is a tenacious longer term more imaginative approach to be used to bring them to a fully legal account of themselves.

Any information regarding letters sent and not replied to, phone calls , information requests would be appreciated

Aaldtimer
28-Nov-15, 16:10
BT,..." all that is required is a tenacious longer term more imaginative approach"...this thread started in 2010.:confused

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 18:53
Yes it started in 2010 and so far it's failed to achieve anything so a new method is required.

How about multiple requests from people who are truly concerned as opposed to singular maybe a petition

BetterTogether
28-Nov-15, 19:13
Here we go folks get signing let's see if we can get the numbers going

https://www.change.org/p/wick-academy-development-fund-wick-academy-development-fund-to-be-more-accountable-to-the-public?recruiter=145603900&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

The Horseman
30-Nov-15, 00:44
I have also contacted OSCR. Rec'd a computer generated reply saying they were in receipt of Complaint.

squidge
30-Nov-15, 01:10
its past time this was sorted out. Not a great one for petitions but signed this one

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-15, 22:18
I agree however to date no one has ever had any of their complaints listened to or acted upon in earnest disgraceful !!

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-15, 22:20
I have also contacted OSCR. Rec'd a computer generated reply saying they were in receipt of Complaint.

I have no doubt you will need to contact them on more than one occasion. I see Mr Carter is no longer named on OSCR site as the contact or whatever it is but his neighbour Mr Oswald a few doors down. I wonder if Mr Oswald will be more communicative than Mr Carter if contacted.

The Horseman
30-Nov-15, 23:41
Perhaps if we all contacted this Charitable overseer, a message will be conveyed that something should be done. I have asked they look into this Charity, and ensure they do more that take at 'face value' the reasons these monies have not been spent. I saw someone wrote that the collections/charity started in 2002..., quite a while eh!
Seeing that no money has been raised since 2009, this issue is long overdue.
I am sure that there is action the Authorities can take. Sometimes these Regulatory Bodies are reluctant to take any action as it could mean bad press for them, but if someone could get a story in the Newspaper, and the reporter being asked to follow this up....Action time.
I am just throwing out ideas...some years ago I 'contributed' to this venture.
I move over, to allow those with better knowledge and connections to take the lead.
Thankx......h
ps. I am sure said parties are reading these posts. Maybe there is a msg. for them!

bekisman
01-Dec-15, 20:14
Perhaps if we all contacted this Charitable overseer, a message will be conveyed that something should be done. I have asked they look into this Charity, and ensure they do more that take at 'face value' the reasons these monies have not been spent. I saw someone wrote that the collections/charity started in 2002..., quite a while eh!
Seeing that no money has been raised since 2009, this issue is long overdue.
I am sure that there is action the Authorities can take. Sometimes these Regulatory Bodies are reluctant to take any action as it could mean bad press for them, but if someone could get a story in the Newspaper, and the reporter being asked to follow this up....Action time.
I am just throwing out ideas...some years ago I 'contributed' to this venture.
I move over, to allow those with better knowledge and connections to take the lead.
Thankx......h
ps. I am sure said parties are reading these posts. Maybe there is a msg. for them!

Pleased you are taking this action well done!

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-15, 01:12
Yes its good to have it brought up that still after all these years theres no action.

The Horseman
04-Dec-15, 03:54
Anyone game to get this going.......pity about Better Together....he seems to be on the right course. Oh well...h

Keyser_soze
04-Dec-15, 17:40
See this money , look at this week, Now Academy have possibly the biggest cup match in their history & the game is called off yet again, How embarrassing is it that they could have covers over the pitch - yet cant afford them & theres £140 k in the bank??
Its absolutely despicable the way that Gunn will not hand over the money, Jacky your reputation is lower than a snakes belly thanks to the way you have handled this , Just coz you dont like the present committee , they incidently have shown you up in how to run a football club, you collected that money for Wick Academy not Jacky Gunn & friends.

Do the decent thing before you get much older & give the money over to the club

Alice in Blunderland
04-Dec-15, 23:54
Five years since this thread started disgusting !!

pat
05-Dec-15, 13:56
Trying to get OSCR to investigate is worse than watching paint dry - nothing happens and as Alice ints out this is now five years since this thread started.
Hope you manage to get somewhere with OSCR and will keep us informed

Droopy
08-Dec-15, 09:07
J. Gunn and A. Carter hate Wick Academy doing well. They sneer when the Club lose and say nothing when they win.
What a horrible pair.
On the plus side they must lead a particularly dismal life. Id imagine not a soul in Wick wants to be seen with or speak to them. Their families must be so embarrassed or maybe they've disowned them both too?

What a shame they seem to be able to cower behind The Charites Commission weak willed jobsworth rules and regs.
The sad thing is though, neither of them seem to care that they are the two most ridiculed men in Caithness, as they take great satisfaction that they are sitting on money that doesn't belong to them, but that they don't have to hand over either.

The irony in all of this is that as much as Wick Academy could do great things with the money, since those two left it has never done so well, but that makes them both even more determined to cling on to the poison chalice that has consumed both their lives to the extent it has cost them everything.

veekay
08-Dec-15, 11:04
Droopy, Why do these people have such contempt for Wick Academy?

fender
08-Dec-15, 14:04
Droopy, Why do these people have such contempt for Wick Academy?

One time 'Chair' and one time Secretary who admittedly did a great job until the 'Chair' breezed in. Also let's not forget the one time 'Vice-Chair', the brains of the operation at the time. Happily now sunning himself miles and miles away.

Bradcon
08-Dec-15, 19:10
J. Gunn and A. Carter hate Wick Academy doing well. They sneer when the Club lose and say nothing when they win.
What a horrible pair.
On the plus side they must lead a particularly dismal life. Id imagine not a soul in Wick wants to be seen with or speak to them. Their families must be so embarrassed or maybe they've disowned them both too?

What a shame they seem to be able to cower behind The Charites Commission weak willed jobsworth rules and regs.
The sad thing is though, neither of them seem to care that they are the two most ridiculed men in Caithness, as they take great satisfaction that they are sitting on money that doesn't belong to them, but that they don't have to hand over either.

The irony in all of this is that as much as Wick Academy could do great things with the money, since those two left it has never done so well, but that makes them both even more determined to cling on to the poison chalice that has consumed both their lives to the extent it has cost them everything.
see mr carter standing at all academy home games so y would he got to watch if he wanted them to lose.

Droopy
09-Dec-15, 07:39
see mr carter standing at all academy home games so y would he got to watch if he wanted them to lose.
Why does going to home games mean he wants them to win??
Both he and Wacky would have been gutted when Wick won the cup.
If he wanted Academy to win and prosper he'd hand over the money that was raised for club surely? What he tends to forget is people bought the tickets largely due to the fact Wick Academy's name was on them.

The Horseman
09-Dec-15, 14:35
Spoke to OSCR.
Few complaints have been received.
Seems lots of reads and posts, but very little action from participants of this Board.
Sad.

tonkatojo
09-Dec-15, 15:18
Spoke to OSCR.
Seems lots of reads and posts, but very little action from participants of this Board.
Sad.

Did the OSCR say how many complaints are required to enable them to act ? or is that their cop out.

Bradcon
09-Dec-15, 18:42
Why does going to home games mean he wants them to win??
Both he and Wacky would have been gutted when Wick won the cup.
If he wanted Academy to win and prosper he'd hand over the money that was raised for club surely? What he tends to forget is people bought the tickets largely due to the fact Wick Academy's name was on them.
is he actually still part of wadf as in another post further back it says a mr Oswald is involved.

Alice in Blunderland
09-Dec-15, 22:37
Spoke to OSCR.
Sad.

I have made no secret of the fact I made a written complaint regarding this inactive fund to OSCR. I subsequently followed it up a year later with a further inquiry into any outcome. I gave my full name and address with all contact details and received no feedback nothing diddly squat !!

pat
09-Dec-15, 23:33
I make no bones about it, have written to OSCR several times, giving full information about myself and why I wished for this charity, monies and members of the panel running it to be investigated fully. This money was raised by WADF and not the members of this panel who now hold this money and wish to know when this money is going to be dispersed or be made to be used as it was intended by the people who bought tickets for Wick Academy.

tonkatojo
10-Dec-15, 10:53
Alice and Pat, I am not qualified nor up to date with what has happened with this fund in the past but it would appear you's and others have investigated and have grievance with OSCR. By the look of things it would appear the next step would be a complaint against OSSCR themselves, they have a complaint mechanism which I do not know if anyone has used, so here is the link for those that can use it.
http://www.oscr.org.uk/charities/complain-about-oscr

Droopy
10-Dec-15, 19:39
is he actually still part of wadf as in another post further back it says a mr Oswald is involved.
I believe the threesome are Wacky Gunn, Andrew Martyr and Geoff Odd-world who make up the WADF hierarchy. The latter two being among the same flock at a Wick church no less! Wacky doesn't go to church as he is God of his own world.

No matter what way you look at it Wacky and Martyr are the organ grinder and monkey. They both hate Wick Academy and it gives them both great pleasure talking the club down to the very few odd souls who are still forced to listen to them.

To not give the money the people of Wick raised to Wick Academy to further the club is quite simply dispicable. Imagine if they had collected money under the guise for Children In Need or Cancer Research, and then didn't hand over the raised money to the cause that people thought the money was being raised for? There would be a outcry, and this situation isn't far off the same situation.

But hey ho, as I said in a previous post, holding on to the money has probably cost them everything, their friends, family, credibility and reputation.........while Wick Academy continues to prosper without the pair of them.

fender
10-Dec-15, 19:44
I believe the threesome are Wacky Gunn, Andrew Martyr and Geoff Odd-world who make up the WADF hierarchy. The latter two being among the same flock at a Wick church no less! Wacky doesn't go to church as he is God of his own world.

No matter what way you look at it Wacky and Martyr are the organ grinder and monkey. They both hate Wick Academy and it gives them both great pleasure talking the club down to the very few odd souls who are still forced to listen to them.

To not give the money the people of Wick raised to Wick Academy to further the club is quite simply dispicable. Imagine if they had collected money under the guise for Children In Need or Cancer Research, and then didn't hand over the raised money to the cause that people thought the money was being raised for? There would be a outcry, and this situation isn't far off the same situation.

But hey ho, as I said in a previous post, holding on to the money has probably cost them everything, their friends, family, credibility and reputation.........while Wick Academy continues to prosper without the pair of them.

Please let us not forget he who now lives down under as being part of this gang.

Droopy
10-Dec-15, 20:00
Please let us not forget he who now lives down under as being part of this gang.
David G'day...? I don't think he holds any present post or role within WADF.

John Little
10-Dec-15, 21:42
Alright - I'm an outsider so I am going to ask a dumb question just out of pure curiosity.

If there is a large sum of money supposed to be used for a purpose and in a set of circumstances where no sight of it has been had for ages, and the regulating authority is not functioning....and no-one responds to queries about it...

... is this not a Police matter?

I ask in all innocence truly. It just seems..... logical under the circumstances.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Dec-15, 12:31
Im not sure about Police as the money is still there...... well so we think not that their meetings are open to the public but according to OSCR. I cant imagine what their expenses are is it to toast how well they are doing each time they meet up, wherever it may be, whenever it may be and with whoever it may be .....certainly not the public who paid for the tickets.

Outsider1966
08-Jan-16, 11:47
Would the person who contacted myself early in December regarding information relating to this subject please contact me. I would be very interested in following up on our conversation.

Outsider1966
20-Jan-16, 17:42
I will try once again and ask the person that phoned me early Dec with the Info on the Development Fund, that they would get back in touch, as I would like to take this to the next level.

Droopy
23-Jan-16, 21:53
If anyone is in any doubt what a horrible man Mr Martyr is. Google 'scorrie1962 twitter' and read the twisted things this "man" writes about the club he claims to support but in actual fact uses it as a conduit to try and spread his bile about a club that has prospered ever since the day him and Wacky were forced to leave, thus saving the club's existence from collapsing under their lack lustre leadership.

Droopy
28-Jan-16, 09:55
Thanks for the shout out on your Twitter Mr Martyr.

Any chance you will now substantiate your lurid claims of who stopped your multi-million pound development you were going to build with the 135k you and Wacky are sitting on. Or does throwing out spurious rants fit in with your delusional world better? You refuse to meet up with WAFC so obviously you don't like reality.

Why not tell us what you ARE going to do with the money, rather than what you didn't/couldn't/wouldn't ?? Why not build your great facility and rent it out to "the benefit of Caithness and its environs"......you've had long enough to do it, or maybe it was a delusional pipe dream after all.

Go on son, step out from behind your locked door and computer screen. Get the cheque book out, hand over the money to the name of the organisation that was on the tickets the Caithness community bought. Redeem yourself in the eyes of God, and not Wacky who thinks he's god. Take the weight of your shoulders and finally put an end to the guilt youre overcome with, and that consumes you to the point that you can't accept that the fund has cost you everything. But nevermind, at least you and Wacky have each other.

Absoluty despicable affair.

Phill
28-Jan-16, 17:50
At least @scorrie1962 seems to enjoy fine holidays in Costa Rica!

Keyser_soze
05-Feb-16, 17:34
Maybe coz he works in Dounreay, he may save his pennies up like aLL GOOD BOYS and do it that way , but omg he has some nerve going on tweeting any bad ill will towards WAFC present board- if he and Wacky were any use theyd still be in the chair - but they were hopeless & thankfully gone

Wheres the dough ?? See anywhere else, the locals wouldve gone round with pitchforks and got the money that doesnt belong to those 2

Alice in Blunderland
12-Feb-16, 13:42
who remembers way back when they posted on here about the possibility of talking to HC re the new school and the sports facilities..... schools built sports facilities going in place.....nothing from WADF they must have thought the money would be better off in the bank than improving or adding to the sports facilities for the community....

Shaggy
12-Feb-16, 14:24
the longer this debacle continues, the more i think that the money is gone. Has anyone any firm knowledge if there is indeed any money in the bank?

Outsider1966
16-Feb-16, 14:28
Thanks for the shout out on your Twitter Mr Martyr.

Any chance you will now substantiate your lurid claims of who stopped your multi-million pound development you were going to build with the 135k you and Wacky are sitting on. Or does throwing out spurious rants fit in with your delusional world better? You refuse to meet up with WAFC so obviously you don't like reality.

Why not tell us what you ARE going to do with the money, rather than what you didn't/couldn't/wouldn't ?? Why not build your great facility and rent it out to "the benefit of Caithness and its environs"......you've had long enough to do it, or maybe it was a delusional pipe dream after all.

Go on son, step out from behind your locked door and computer screen. Get the cheque book out, hand over the money to the name of the organisation that was on the tickets the Caithness community bought. Redeem yourself in the eyes of God, and not Wacky who thinks he's god. Take the weight of your shoulders and finally put an end to the guilt youre overcome with, and that consumes you to the point that you can't accept that the fund has cost you everything. But nevermind, at least you and Wacky have each other.

Absoluty despicable affair.

I have noticed this post with regards to the claims of who stopped the multi-million pound development. I have been given information regarding the people who allegedly prevented the land that was available from being fulfilled. I was very surprised at the alleged names and have been told that the names can be substantiated along with the blocking of the land. Until the evidence is forthcoming to myself, then I cannot follow up on it. The individual that made myself aware of this knows how to make contact and provide the evidence. Until such time then I cannot do anymore.

Outsider1966
16-Feb-16, 20:15
I have been assured the money is safe in a bank account

Outsider1966
16-Feb-16, 20:29
Tonigh I have been assured the money is safe in a bank account

pat
16-Feb-16, 20:53
We have all been reassured at various times but never any proof - get your proof and the money spent, according to the way and why the tickets were originally sold, then folk would be a little more settled on the subject.
How many years now has it been since this money has been with-held from the original reason for fundraising?

Droopy
06-Mar-16, 17:11
The annual accounts for Mr Martyr and Wacky's fund are again overdue for the year ending May 2015 according to the Scottish Charities Regulator OSCR.
Perhaps he should concentrate on getting his own affairs in order rather than hide in his bedroom with his laptop, continually picking fault with WAFC.

We're also all still waiting to hear who stopped his 5 million pound stadium he was going to build with 135k in the bank. Or maybe he realised he just couldn't do it and chose to make up delusional excuses instead.

Alice in Blunderland
07-Mar-16, 08:26
Its not as though there has been a great deal of activity to report on to OSCR from last year is it ??

pat
07-Mar-16, 13:21
You never know Alice - the committee may have been off to Thailand to investigate football investing in that country or been to Brazil to check out football financing trying to find how the committee will spend/invest the monies left in this fund.

Alice in Blunderland
13-Mar-16, 23:52
They said they were looking at talks with HC to do with the new school looks like talking is all they do as there is never any action. Disgraceful yet again they are ignoring the community feeling regarding this mess. That's exactly what it is a mess they have let their egos get in the way of distributing funds raised from the community for the benefit of the club and in the end they ignore the community.

dc1
14-Mar-16, 17:15
Alice i think a lot of wick supporters thought the money was for the club not for the community

Keyser_soze
20-Mar-16, 20:39
I see Martyr on twitter making a fool of himself yet again, anything he says he has the crackpot nugg backing him up , what is it with these 2 oxygen thiefs ? Have they spent all their money on catalogue brides or what ?

Droopy
04-Oct-16, 13:52
The charity thieves (Wakky, Martyr and Od-world) have eventually submitted the annual accounts to OSCR for year ending May 2015, they were submitted on the 29th September 2016!! and highlighted as being late/overdue by the Charities Commission.
They showed an income of £264 (interest on the 140k presumably) and zero expenditure.

Meanwhile over on 'scorrie1962' on Twitter, Carter has taking to ridiculing school children now in their efforts in coming up with ideas for the new Caithness flag inspired away strip, paying particular attention to the youngster who sketched the shorts. What a truly horrible sad use of the Internet, trolling kids. I presume he's none of his own.

How the Dempster Street church roof doesn't go on fire when he walks through the door on a Sunday morning l don't know.

onespace
04-Oct-16, 15:36
How the Dempster Street church roof doesn't go on fire when he walks through the door on a Sunday morning l don't know.

My dictionary says, definition for 'Evangelical Christian'......see 'Hypocrite'.

Droopy
10-Oct-16, 08:37
My dictionary says, definition for 'Evangelical Christian'......see 'Hypocrite'.
In another unfortunate twist, the Minister at the church Odd-world and Martyr attend is also the WAFC minister!....how can the flock accept a man who received money under false pretenses welcome him under their roof??

Martyr now responds to posts on here on his Twitter account....why can't you reply here Andrew?? You didn't deny being a thief oddly, but defended your internet bullying of kids by some weird explanation about Porsche cars??

We're still waiting to hear your previous delusional reasons about who stopped your 5 million pound stadium being built. So come on, don't shout your mouth off about things you can't back up.....or people will just assume you're a bitter sad individual with no credibility, who hides in your bedroom trolling kids - who love Wick Academy on your laptop.

Shaggy
10-Oct-16, 13:56
I wonder just how many of the people who donated their hard-earned for this great cause know what is happening (or not as the case may be) with the money? Why hasn't the Groat or P&J taken this up or even the charities commission? or the police? surely it's fraud collecting cash for a cause that didn't get it! it's shameful the way this bunch are hanging onto the cash and not giving it back to the community that THEY belong to! or maybe they don't anymore considering the situation. This money was donated in good faith and what they are doing is preventing other local charities from receiving much needed funds as im sure people who gave to this fund are maybe now thinking twice about supporting any other good cause in case it goes the same way.

Droopy
10-Oct-16, 19:42
Come on Carter, blow the lid on who stopped you and Wacky Gunn building your 5 million pound sports arena.

Your unsubstantiated and bitter spurious tweet in January of this year told us to "watch this space" as the public would "be shocked"
Let's hear it then, divert your time from online kid bullying about a primary school drawing competition and tell us who the bad man was and how they actually prevented you building it.
Where was the land?....who owned it?...were they prepared to sell?....who were your solicitors/architects/accountants etc.
You'd need all of those to initiate buying land.

What will you now do with the money and how can people apply for it? Who are the development fund committee now? Bet you don't answer, as you're a delusional odd ball who'd rather upset kids online as part of your pathetic and obsessed keyboard warrior campaign to criticise WAFC.

Thou shalt not steal Andrew!

Droopy
11-Oct-16, 13:23
I've been given information by PM that the winning letters were picked at random in the old Dounreay Club in Wick on Monday nights BUT that the tickets were not checked there. They were checked afterwards in Wacky Gunns house!!! who was also the promoter. So in essence he had the winning letters to then take home to find a winning ticket....The tickets also did not have individual serial numbers on them which is illegal under The Lotteries and Amusement Act 1976 and would make the money raised illegal too.

Also that Wackys girlfriend at the time won the jackpot, and also D.Bremner's mother even although she didn't know she'd bought a ticket, which led to her ordering her son off the Development Committee once she saw she'd "won" in the local paper. Is anyone able to confirm this?

Droopy
13-Oct-16, 09:23
More PM information coming in by the day folks, here's the latest.

'G'day Dave' sold loads of the 'lucky letters' tickets offshore on different rigs and the letters selected would be faxed to Wacky's house...but the faxes wern't always received by 7pm on a Monday night as the telephone links back then to the rigs wasn't always dependable. Anyway to cut a long story short, there were lots of Hartlepool, Liverpool, Newcastle and Aberdeenshire winners. The suggestion is that if say John Swindler from Hartlepool won the jackpot, who would really know if it was in fact a real ticket, or a made up one with the money going to another guy by the name of Swindler?....to buy a car with perhaps?

A local kids club applied to the Wick Academy Development Fund for a first aid kit but they were refused, so Wick Academy stepped in and bought the kids club one. Don't hear Carter aka Twitter Scorrie1962 mentioning that on his pathetic crusade on twitter.

And on the subject of his twitter account, he's now set his account to private which is quite apt, as he can have his spurious bitter rants and claims read by only about 6 people, which is 5 more than actually care what he says in the real world.

I still find it unbelievable this guy goes to the Dempster Street Church every Sunday along with his mate Odd-world, its really not a good impression for the congregation to have in the community.

"Thou Shalt Not Steal"

crayola
13-Oct-16, 11:27
Interesting posts Droopy Drawers. The more the community knows the better. :)

Careful though, you don't want to leave yourself open to claims of defamation.

Droopy
14-Oct-16, 08:52
Interesting posts Droopy Drawers. The more the community knows the better. :)

Careful though, you don't want to leave yourself open to claims of defamation.
Oh that's nothing Crayola.....

Few more dirty deeds of the dynamic duo to reveal yet.

crayola
14-Oct-16, 14:51
I look forward to reading the next instalment. :)

Crackeday
24-Oct-16, 08:19
Its shocking how this is still rumbling on with no resolution in sight. The Allegations of Corruption, Fraud, Neglect of duties etc etc would be great as a Hollywood blockbuster! How no-one has been made Accountable (for want of a better word ;) ) is beyond me. 2 Film titles would be "The Untouchables" and "Rebel without a cause"

Droopy
28-Oct-16, 18:06
Meanwhile over at Scorrie1962 on twitter, Martyr is enquiring if Wick Academy will go after a player Brora Rangers have put on the transfer market.
I'd imagine the reply might sound like this:

Dear Andrew

Thankyou for you ongoing interest in Wick Academy FC.

Unfortunately it was proved in the mid 90's to circa 2005 that buying, and then paying over rated players was not the way forward for the club. It led to bottom four league positions almost ever year and took the club to the brink of financial collapse which led to the then Chairman and Secretary being outvoted at a members agm.

Furthermore and unlike the period mentioned above, Wick Academy FC will not be dipping in to a fundraising ticket charity fund to pay players cash to take them to the club in the hope it brings success.

We thank you for your interest and would enquire as to when you and Jacky will be handing the money over to Wick Academy FC that was raised in its name so that the club may continue to prosper under good and proper business practices.

Regards
Wick Academy FC

onespace
28-Oct-16, 22:16
Now I know who you're on about. This doesn't seem to make sense though. He's still a strong supporter of Academy if it's the same person I'm thinking of.

So how does someone who has done this with the dosh still turn up at Harmsworth Park every week? Hasn't the 'mob' done him over ? How come he's not heckled or banned from the ground ? Surely it can't be as bad as you're making out or he'd never be able to show his face.

pat
28-Oct-16, 23:06
Wick Academy are slowly - each week - they are getting some money from this supporter?!? - so why should they cut off a paying customer with bully boy tactics and being nasty to any supporter.
Wick Academy and their supporters are polite people and know that they will get the money eventually. even if it is so much a week entrance money and paying for a pie and bovril!!
Wick Academy know the money acquired through the years will be returned to them once OSCR finish with them and perhaps the courts too.
Nothing is worth the trouble of getting involved in threatening assaults etc -

onespace
28-Oct-16, 23:31
Don't get the wrong end of the stick here. I wasn't suggesting you rough him up. Just that if I'd done a runner with the club funds, I wouldn't be turning up at that same club every week - or if I did I'd be anticipating some sort of repercussions.

Droopy
29-Oct-16, 14:50
Now I know who you're on about. This doesn't seem to make sense though. He's still a strong supporter of Academy if it's the same person I'm thinking of.

So how does someone who has done this with the dosh still turn up at Harmsworth Park every week? Hasn't the 'mob' done him over ? How come he's not heckled or banned from the ground ? Surely it can't be as bad as you're making out or he'd never be able to show his face.
The guy has nothing left to lose, he cuts a rather pariah figure. No friends and a loner.

And far from being a strong supporter, the only reason he goes to games is so he can find negative things to write about Academy on his twitter feed....and if he can't find something negative he'll find a spurious slur that can't be proved one way or the other.

He pays lip service occasionally by wishing the team good luck, but they are outnumbered 100/1 by his negative bitter tweets. He also uses his knowledge of how WAFC has to conduct itself and knows that the Club's not going to correct his rubbish even if what he writes is totally bonkers. He's not worth the effort.

Basically he's fuming inside himself that the Club has never looked back since Wacky the Organ Grinder and he the monkey were ousted in 2005.
Two lonely pariahs who will forever be remembered as just that. And all they've to do is hand over money they can't spend anyway.

They're so bitter that one of them even complained to Tesco head office that Wick Academy were selling xmas raffle tickets in Wick and it might contravene data protection. That's how 'strong' their support is.

Lots more info coming in by PM.

onespace
30-Oct-16, 00:02
Sounds like pride is preventing them doing anything. Or they've spent it.

Either way, I reckon this money will never see the light of day ever again.

The Horseman
22-Apr-17, 14:50
Cud u 'elaborate'?

The Horseman
27-Apr-17, 21:57
Prepare yursels.

Thurs good news (thur hand hes been forced). And thurs bad news (wir no gettan a penny o id).

Kinda funny comment....was hoping to get a wee bitty of info?

DMFB
07-May-17, 15:33
Oh here we go again if only this mess were to get sorted. I am another year nearer the grave and still this fiasco continues. Money raised by the community for the community lying unused because of stupid arrogance.

Bill Fernie
24-Sep-17, 17:22
Dan Mackay sums up the current situation following an item in the local paper -
https://www.facebook.com/dan.mackay.589/posts/10203409672760496

Camra
24-Sep-17, 17:53
Dan Mackay has been offered the opportunity to attend the next RBWCC meeting to be enlightend to the facts of RBWCC intervention as a Voluntary Organisation to the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick. This is in compliance with WADF annual report for 2015 and their intention to reconsider their options following completion of the new Community Facilities.

A group is being formed with the intention of refurbishing the King George V park and approached WADF, again totally in compliance with WADF aims and objective available on their OSCR website.

The Hogmanay Party committee have never approached WADF for funding for their 'hooley', nows thats complete 'codswallup'

RBWCC is open to all, next meeting first Monday of October if anyone wants the facts.

Bill Fernie
02-Mar-18, 21:02
The Royal Burgh of Wick Community Council have attempted to get things moving with some questions to Wick Academy Development Fund. A valiant attempt that has been rebuffed -
The Royal Burgh of Wick Community Council submitted the undernoted questions to Wick Academy Development Fund following a report in the Caithness Courier of 6th September 2017 which quoted WADF Chairman Jacky Gunn as saying "If the Community Council want to write a letter to us with the questions they want answered, we will consider them." the questions were sent to WADF under cover of a letter dated 2nd October 2017 their response dated 10th January 2018 is also shown below.

See the Wick Community council Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/wickcommunitycouncil/

Bogbrush
03-Mar-18, 11:48
Those are good and reasonable questions. I wonder if, rather than approaching OSCR / HMRC, that answers should be compelled by the court?

Camra
03-Mar-18, 16:07
WADF / OSCR

I refer to Judith Hayhow’s email to you on 8 December 2017 and am writing with reference to the contact form you submitted online asking OSCR to provide responses we have made in relation to inquiries submitted against Wick Academy Development Fund (the charity).

OSCR continues to have a long running inquiry into Wick Academy Development Fund. We are aware that the charity has raised considerable funds but has not yet used them to further its purposes and that the charity’s 2016 accounts are overdue for submission to OSCR. I can confirm that concerns have been raised with us about the charity and that we do have concerns about its operation. We cannot however discuss these with a third party.

Jennifer Keenlyside | Senior Inquiry Officer | 01382 346870 | jennifer.keenlyside@oscr.org.uk |

Bill Fernie
07-Aug-19, 15:40
Time marches on but nothing seems to change except now in default with OSCR for returns -
https://www.oscr.org.uk/about-charities/search-the-register/charity-details?number=32787

Camra
04-Sep-19, 12:49
Time marches on but nothing seems to change except now in default with OSCR for returns -
https://www.oscr.org.uk/about-charities/search-the-register/charity-details?number=32787

WADF Constitution Object as prosed on OSCR:

The objects of the Fund shall be to promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of Wick and its environs without distinction of sex, sexuality, political , religious or other opinions by associating with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations and inhabitants in a common effort to advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities , in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure - time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved.

Shaggy
17-Dec-19, 18:02
I think it's about time people started banging on some doors and demanding their money back. This totally smacks of taking money under false pretences and is tantamount to fraud. not one single penny has been given out to any charity or group in Wick to date and meanwhile they have been sitting on the money for nearly TEN YEARS NOW!!!!!

Kevin Milkins
17-Dec-19, 19:37
It does seem to have dragged on a bit, without starting to read this lengthy thread again i forgot what the question was.

Digger310
17-Dec-19, 19:52
Being curious as to why this continues to rumble on, well obviously because no answers are being given, I had a look at OSCR and apparently annual returns were issued on 26th November 2019. No statement of accounts is published by OSCR but income for the account was £2514 with no expenditure. In case anyone is interested.

aqua
21-Dec-19, 15:03
I assume the figure of £2514 is entirely from interest on investments. As far as I’m aware they haven’t engaged in public fundraising for many years now. When will their lack of action result in bobbies banging on their doors?

The Horseman
04-Apr-20, 20:03
Anyone can put the pressure on with the above Charity!

The Horseman
22-Apr-20, 02:35
I was hoping someone would do an update in this Fund.
At a time lime this, their money would surely be welcomed!

Bill Fernie
16-Oct-20, 20:16
Finally something may happen
Gordon Calder writing in the Groat
Move to appoint legal official to manage affairs of Wick charity with £140,000 in bank
SCOTLAND's top civil court is being petitioned to appoint a legal official to manage the affairs of a Wick-based charity.
The move comes after an investigation by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) following concerns raised by John Mowatt, vice-chairman of the Wick Academy Development Fund (WADF).
OSCR found that the fund – set up to help provide social, leisure and recreational facilities for the town and surrounding area, and registered as a charity in March 2002 – was not acting in "a manner consistent" with its stated aims.

Full story at
https://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/move-to-appoint-legal-official-to-manage-affairs-of-wick-charity-with-140-000-in-bank-215303/

Bill Fernie
16-Jan-21, 14:30
Regulator Appoints Manager To Charity Wick Academy Development Fund As Part Of Decade-long InquiryThe Scottish regulator has appointed a manager to take over a charity as part of a decade-long inquiry to ensure its trustees do not part with its property without consent.

The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator opened an inquiry into Wick Academy Development Fund in September 2010 after concerns were raised about its public benefit, and a failure to make use of its accumulated funds.

Formed in 2002, the charity's purpose is to "provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities, in the interests of social welfare for recreation and other leisure-time occupation so that their conditions of life may be improved".

Up until April 2009, the charity raised £140,000 by selling lottery tickets in the Wick community. However, none of the money was ever spent, according to the OSCR.

Full details at https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/12944