PDA

View Full Version : Holborn Head Sunset

Mystical Potato Head
28-Jun-10, 15:49
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_0887copycopyflickr.jpg

Rictina
28-Jun-10, 16:43
AWWww thats beautifull.

I dont know where Holborn head is but it sure looks lovely.

dragonfly
28-Jun-10, 17:25
very contemporary and very nice MPH. there's a definate change in your style since getting the 5DM2, keep up the great work

Mystical Potato Head
28-Jun-10, 21:53
Rictina,Holborn Head is the headland on the left hand side of Thurso Bay.

Dragonfly,this was a 366 second exposure using Lees 10 stop ND filter.Its like looking through a welders glass ,can hardly see a thing.
It started raining halfway thourgh the shot,had to stand with my hand over the filter to keep the rain off.

Rictina
28-Jun-10, 21:57
Rictina,Holborn Head is the headland on the left hand side of Thurso Bay.

Dragonfly,this was a 366 second exposure using Lees 10 stop ND filter.Its like looking through a welders glass ,can hardly see a thing.
It started raining halfway thourgh the shot,had to stand with my hand over the filter to keep the rain off.

Oh thanks MPH, I am slowly getting to use to my surroundings but my geography is not too hot [lol].

Mystical Potato Head
28-Jun-10, 22:06
Oh thanks MPH, I am slowly getting to use to my surroundings but my geography is not too hot [lol].

Nor is mine,been here 35 years and i cant remember the name of the next street.:roll:

dragonfly
28-Jun-10, 22:33

:eek: 366 seconds! I got some Cokin Z Series ND Grad filters a couple of months ago but just used them for the 1st time on the photos I took this morning - not sure if they made that much difference or not!

wifie
28-Jun-10, 23:07
Gorgeous pic, fantastic glow! Another MPH stunner!

Mystical Potato Head
29-Jun-10, 00:13
:eek: 366 seconds! I got some Cokin Z Series ND Grad filters a couple of months ago but just used them for the 1st time on the photos I took this morning - not sure if they made that much difference or not!

I think this was taken at f11,if i had gone to f22 i think the exposures would have been 24 minutes or there abouts.
The Cokin filters are fine for shorter exposures but if you use several together on a really bright sunset for 20 seconds or more you get a really pronounced colour cast,everything takes on a purply brown hue.they're fine for shorter exposures though.Thats the reason i went for Lee's,cost a fortune but no colour casts whatsoever.Just makes the colours deeper and richer.Lovely jubbly.

Scout
29-Jun-10, 06:02
Love the photo. What a great feeling to the picture you have done

Kenn
29-Jun-10, 20:42
Stunning.......................................... .....

North Light
30-Jun-10, 08:56
Very nice mph.