PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer

veekay
28-Jun-10, 10:58
Good morning clever people.
Just recently I have had a problem with the page I am on suddenly being re-connected and a ballon message says that internet explorer has done it because of a problem with the page. This isn't with any one page but everything. Can anyone out there suggest what it is I am doing wrong to suddenly get this problem

My thanks

Leanne
28-Jun-10, 15:29
Internet is a very old program that isn't really suitable for most modern web pages. Mac stopped offering support for it in 2006 - that's how out of date it is! Try Firefox (quite similar in layout) instead and you should notice a huge difference. Or AOL's is quite good too but will take a bit of getting used to...You can import and bookmarks so don't worry about losing those.

Bobinovich
28-Jun-10, 16:10
Before abandoning IE (which I still happily use, but with no toolbars or other addons) you can try a reset - Tools menu > Internet Options option > Advanced tab > Reset button > Reset button. It'll remove addons and reset the settings to the defaults, but frequently cures problems.

Once you've done that the only main setting you'll want back will be your homepage - just type it in to the address bar and press return, wait for it to appear, then click Tools > Internet Options > Use Current button > OK and that should reset your homepage to the one you're used to.

Leanne
29-Jun-10, 00:41
Metalattakk - care to offer some advice rather than just bad repping me for trying to help the OP?

Metalattakk
29-Jun-10, 01:20
Edit: Happy to edit my response, as both Bob and dx100uk seem to have the handle on this one. Knowledge is the bomb! ;)

dx100uk
29-Jun-10, 01:58
Good morning clever people.
Just recently I have had a problem with the page I am on suddenly being re-connected and a ballon message says that internet explorer has done it because of a problem with the page. This isn't with any one page but everything. Can anyone out there suggest what it is I am doing wrong to suddenly get this problem

My thanks

compatabilty mode issue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
dx