PDA

View Full Version : Digital Reception

bonami
26-Jun-10, 20:26
Can anyone help.A few days ago I started losing channels on my tele tonight I have lost the lot this is on my big set downstairs. Still getting everything upstairs on my small set on which I have a new aeriel. Other set has old aerial ( at least 20 yrs) . When we bought this set few months ago we got all the channels on this old aerial. Will a new one sort this problem both aerials are in the loft.

dx100uk
26-Jun-10, 22:41
you have ofcourse rescanned since the changes on the 16th?
and this is a freeview tv i assume?
dx

bonami
27-Jun-10, 13:43
Its freeview and I have tried rescanning a lot of times. Scanned again today and got some of the channels back but still a lot missing. Think it must be aerial.

Moonboots
28-Jun-10, 09:01
Im afraid it is down to your aerial. It sounds like that your aerial needs re-alligned or maybe your getting too strong a signal.. Depends on where abouts you are from the transmitter.

bonami
29-Jun-10, 14:23
Thanks Moonboots. My problem must have been too strong a signal. I had a booster on my aerial thinking the stronger the signal the better the reception. I took this off and all channels are back. Saved scrambling around in the loft with a new aerial. Just hope my vintage model keeps picking all channels up.:lol::lol:

Moonboots
29-Jun-10, 21:33
Bonami, Glad to hear your problem has been fixed. Yes boosters can cause alot of problems with signals. Sometimes they can provide too strong a signal however they can also restrict the signal too..