PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Gunn's Trees & Shrubs of Caithness

storm
20-Jun-10, 11:41
Does anyone have a copy of a small booklet that Jimmy Gunn wrote about trees and shrubs that grow well in Caithness?? I'm not sure of the exact title but I have his book about perennials that grow well in Caithness and would love to source a copy or photocopy someone else's copy of his booklet about trees and shrubs, please?

Scunner
20-Jun-10, 13:10
Have a copy somewhere, will try to find it and get a copy for you

Swannie
20-Jun-10, 18:11
I have a copy too somewhere. If unsuccessful give me a pm and I'll look it out for you.

storm
20-Jun-10, 21:16
Thank you!

fotcom
22-Jun-10, 23:35
Pardon my ignorance,but whereabouts in Caithness did this Jimmy Gunn come from,and where is he now.
Thanking you.

Swannie
23-Jun-10, 17:56
Jimmy Gunn (James McIntyre Gunn BEM) was born in Reay and died some years ago. He was an expert on all aspects of gardening and he was employed the UKAEA as a member of their ground staff until his retirement.

As well as the Trees and Shrubs for a Caithness Garden he wrote a booklet entitled 'Hardy Perennials for a Caithness Garden'

fotcom
23-Jun-10, 18:39
Thanks Swannie,do you know where i could get copies of both.

Thanks.

Swannie
24-Jun-10, 19:09
Both booklets were published by The Northern Studies Centre in 1996 (Trees) and 1998 (Perennials) and are long out of print. As there appears to be no copyright I am sure that copies could be made of both booklets.
PM me if you wish to do so.

skinnydog
24-Jun-10, 19:55
Wonder if the library in Thurso has it? I will give that a try first and if not will be looking for a photocopy of it myself.

Scunner
24-Jun-10, 22:26
hope to have a few copies done over the weekend