PDA

View Full Version : Me again......

porshiepoo
18-Jun-10, 09:58
A while ago I posted on here with reference to laptop probs and some people pm'd me with super advice, however, life took over and the laptop just got shoved to one side.
Now I want to get it going again so here's the problem:
Laptop turns on fine and as it's finished loading itself up I get the message that a file is missing to complete an operation. That's literally all it says and it gives me no options to do anything.
Everything works fine on it and I can open all my applications no problem.
The only thing I cannot access is the tinternet - it just says Firefox crashed and had to close. So I tried going on via IE and just get a cannot load page error.
I've tried restore points - nada, still same problem.
I've managed to download Malwarebytes via a pc and memory stick and have run a full scan - nothing!
I really don't have a clue what to try to now.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do???

Thanks

upolian
18-Jun-10, 11:26
I cannot help but im sure dx100uk will have a bash for you,he was very patient sorting out my problem(very grateful for this)computer isnt even a high spec and its running like an absolute dream,i hope you get your problem sorted asap :)

porshiepoo
18-Jun-10, 15:10
I cannot help but im sure dx100uk will have a bash for you,he was very patient sorting out my problem(very grateful for this)computer isnt even a high spec and its running like an absolute dream,i hope you get your problem sorted asap :)

Thanx for that. I thought I could be without my laptop but my pc monitor packed up the other day and I couldn't get online till I'd been and bought a new one.
No internet for a few hours - was bloomin torture. lol.