PDA

View Full Version : The Game

canuck
20-Jun-06, 14:19
Okay, THE game is about to start. I have my coffee poured. Yes, rich, I know that it should be beer, but 9:30 in the morning just does not inspire me to anything more exciting than coffee.

I assume that various TV commentators will explain what is happening as those blurs flash up and down the field. This should be fun! My first World Cup soccer game!!!! Germany to the winners stand!!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jun-06, 14:24
Enjoy the game canuck,coffee and all.Germany playing in their own hameland.Vor sprung deutsch technique and aw that jazz!!!:lol: :lol:

canuck
20-Jun-06, 14:43
Good that you are still on line Cedric.
I have my first question: What is a yellow card? One of the German players "might" get one. I get the feeling that it is not a good thing!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jun-06, 14:48
A yellow card means that one of the players has done something a bit bad.If he gets another yellow then it'll be a red card and he'll be playing wi' his rubber ducky by himself in the showers.:lol: :lol:

P.s don't ask me to explain the offside rule,as its very confusing and everybodys version is different.

golach
20-Jun-06, 14:54
Deutchland Deutchland uber alles in the lead all ready:lol:

canuck
20-Jun-06, 15:42
Wow, that first half was exciting!!!

This soccer is a rough game, almost as grinding as hockey.
The foot in the face didn't inspire me to want to rush out and take up the sport.

Cedric, how did you know that my next question was going to be "what constitutes and offside?" You've answered it.

So, why did 2 minutes get added to the time at the end of the first half?

Yes, mods, I have just realized that I should be on one of DrSzin's football threads. We can go there now.

saxovtr
20-Jun-06, 16:20
Wow, that first half was exciting!!
its a bit of leather in the shape of a circle getting kicked about a field whats so good about that?

canuck
20-Jun-06, 16:54
The game is over. I'll close this thread and post my comments on that ever growing foootball thread. This really wasn't a football post. For me (the author) it is "soccer", and that is different. The difference being in the passion, particularly the passion of the fans.