PDA

View Full Version : Side shows are in Wick

Fran
19-Jun-06, 21:20
the side shows have arrived in wick which depresses me, because as soon as they go, winter is here and i am still waiting for summer.:(

connieb19
19-Jun-06, 21:23
Great, I must get down for a spin on the waltzers and spend a fortune to get a gonk or a poster of the Jackson five..:roll:

candyfloss
19-Jun-06, 21:26
Oh no! :mad: The sideshows are just a load of rubbish, its the same things every year, a complete waste of money[disgust]

Naefearjustbeer
19-Jun-06, 21:45
Dont go then. I agree they are rubbish and a waste of money but the kids like them, Better than having them kick footballs into other peoples gardens;)

cesare
19-Jun-06, 22:34
notice that when the side shows come they bring bad weather with them

unicorn
19-Jun-06, 22:35
yeah cos the weather in Thurso for the last two weeks has been so awful ... not.....lol

ice box
19-Jun-06, 22:38
I but dont you see the kids faces light up when they see them :)

angela5
19-Jun-06, 22:45
I but dont you see the kids faces light up when they see them :)

Don't they just, ever notice the parents faces when they see them.:lol:

ice box
19-Jun-06, 22:52
Don't they just, ever notice the parents faces when they see them.:lol:
Yes there more excited than the bairns lol

angela5
19-Jun-06, 22:58
It's about time they took up more exciting stuff, something worth paying to get on.:roll:

bingo1
19-Jun-06, 23:10
notice that when the side shows come they bring bad weather with them Yea well thurso say good bye to them and hopfully they take the bad weather with them to wick.:D :lol:

cmack
19-Jun-06, 23:24
infact, isnt it now tht they r gone tht the bad weather is here??? it was actualy really nice out until they left wasnt it??

ice box
20-Jun-06, 00:02
Ok here's one for ya can anyone remember what they used to take up with them thats no longer there now ? like the dodgeums car . (sorry for the spelling )

angela5
20-Jun-06, 00:04
Rib Tickler.
Wee midget man.
Wall of mirrors.??

They also used to take up cheaper prices.:lol:

ice box
20-Jun-06, 00:10
You would think we the price they charge they would get some new rides that walzter must be fill of wood worm. i think there older than the man that runs it

hell raizer
20-Jun-06, 08:23
yeah i know tell me about it that man has been there for ages+ages lol i must go a look through to wick at some point to have a go on the crazy dancer thts the only thing i really go on and the waltzers hehe...:D

dirdyweeker
20-Jun-06, 09:00
do they still do the "swing boats"? I used to love them. Roll a penny....is it now roll 50p!

hell raizer
20-Jun-06, 09:35
i dunno im not sure like ...sorry i canna help u with tht i normally go straight ot the waltzers or the crazy dancer hehe are u going to them? from Laura xxxx

angela5
20-Jun-06, 09:37
do they still do the "swing boats"? I used to love them. Roll a penny....is it now roll 50p!

Nope no swing boats anymore.:~( And it's still the same old arcade.:roll:

hell raizer
20-Jun-06, 09:39
yep its always the same arcade thts there.nothing changes lol

angela5
20-Jun-06, 10:25
yep its always the same arcade thts there.nothing changes lol

It's still the same old man aswell, i remember him there when i was a kid.:eek:

hell raizer
20-Jun-06, 10:28
yep lol nowt changes eh... where u from angela?

angela5
20-Jun-06, 12:19
yep lol nowt changes eh... where u from angela?

Planet Earth.:lol:

katarina
20-Jun-06, 12:58
who can remember the boxing ring, the wall of death, that thing that spun round and you stuck to the wall, the strip tease dancers, the midgets, the giants, the vampire lady, the dive bomber - sigh - those were the days!

pultneytooner
20-Jun-06, 13:02
who can remember the boxing ring, the wall of death, that thing that spun round and you stuck to the wall, the strip tease dancers, the midgets, the giants, the vampire lady, the dive bomber - sigh - those were the days!
When was that?

unicorn
20-Jun-06, 13:04
i remember the dive bomber but thats it lol

saxovtr
20-Jun-06, 13:08
Oh no! :mad: The sideshows are just a load of rubbish, its the same things every year, a complete waste of money[disgust]

hit the nail rite on the head boooooooooooooooooooooring

katarina
20-Jun-06, 13:12
When was that?

long time ago. I was a bairn at the time.

angela5
20-Jun-06, 13:14
I remember the wall of death, loads of people used to be sick on it aswell.:eek:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jun-06, 15:23
Past by the day.Looks as though there's something new there.Looks like a racing ride.definetely not seen it before.Oh yeah!!!,major fun for me and the youngest this year.Its the same as the Continental market,its only once a year,so enjoy!!:lol: :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Jun-06, 15:38
You can blame the Berriedale Braes for sideshows not taking any large amusement rides to the Far North. It's also the same reason a lot of big touring bands won't come up north, either.

Mamabear
20-Jun-06, 17:35
I remember many years ago, seeing a wee dwarf at the sideshows, I would ve been about 6-7 & I was intrigued to find a man smaller than me!!
I remember the wall of death as well, but they are a total rip-off, theres better things to do nowadays for kids.

connieb19
20-Jun-06, 18:14
I'm surprised no-ones mentioned the burgers and candyfloss yet...:eek:

ice box
20-Jun-06, 18:18
I'm surprised no-ones mentioned the burgers and candyfloss yet...:eek:
not just now connie iam just having my dinner .

angela5
20-Jun-06, 18:31
Has anyone ever been to the funfair that visit's St Andrews in July? it is only for 2 nights and the rides that are there are brill. Could do with something like that here.

Fran
20-Jun-06, 20:58
i was very surprised to see a certain gentleman in a local charity shop buying second hand teddies and soft toys for his stall, so if you win something, you'll know where your prize came from....what a cheek!!!:mad:

connieb19
20-Jun-06, 21:03
i was very surprised to see a certain gentleman in a local charity shop buying second hand teddies and soft toys for his stall, so if you win something, you'll know where your prize came from....what a cheek!!!:mad:Fran, you wont even win them, they're just for show. If you spend enough you're lucky to get a scabby Gonk...:~(

brokencross
21-Jun-06, 07:35
I remember all the "attractions" that Katrina listed (except the strip tease, maybe I was too young and had other interests at that time)

The wall of death used to really scare me. you could nearly touch the motor bikes and riders when they were at the top of the wall, plus the noise.

Trying to knock down a stack of tins with a ball the weight of a ball of fluff.

Throwing blunt darts into the hardest wood possible trying to hit 3 playing cards.

Watching fit and healthy people going on the dive bomber and coming off very green and ill.

It was Charlie Hercher's shows then, if I remember rightly.

Moonboots
22-Jun-06, 09:40
Past by the day.Looks as though there's something new there.Looks like a racing ride.definetely not seen it before.Oh yeah!!!,major fun for me and the youngest this year.Its the same as the Continental market,its only once a year,so enjoy!!:lol: :lol:

The new ride came up from Herchers - its the Twister but its called something else. Its been up in Thurso the past 2 weeks.

I can remember that years ago in butlins in Ayr...lol Thats some years ago now..

The price of the Waltzer - £1.50 a go... what a ripoff eh?

I can remember the skid... that was good but dangerous...lol but still good.
Same as the Octopus - dangerous but good...
Dodgems came from Herchers too and they used the cars for the umberellas. Did u not notice that last year.

It all boils down to heath and safety now.

candyfloss
22-Jun-06, 10:16
I remember once going on the waltzers with a hangover, not a good idea:eek: i was'nt sick but i've never been on it since

blondscot
22-Jun-06, 12:36
The rides at the Black Isle show seem to be far better that what we get up here! My daughter loves them!!