PDA

View Full Version : Canisbay Show, Sat 19th June

farmer
15-Jun-10, 08:15
Just a wee reminder that this years Canisbay Show is being held this Saturday - 19th June at Canisbay Hall and Hall Field. Official opening at 1pm, although judging of livestock etc will begin in the morning.

Loads of competitions and attractions for all the family, including:
Livestock competitions, horse jumping, Kuk Sool V's Karate display, Dog Show, JCB handling competition, Quad bike's for Kids, Tractor reversing competition, Sheep Shearing display, Show Jumping competition, Pet Lamb Racing, Higland Dancing display, Pets Corner tent, Bouncy Castle, Made in Caithness tent (local producers) and loads, loads more.
Also all the usual Bottle, Baking, Craft and Charity Stalls.
A Licensed bar on the field.

Come along for a great day out

rosie
17-Jun-10, 07:40
Sounds like a good day out. Hope the weather is nice for it.

farmer
18-Jun-10, 18:39
Lets Hope so!!
Its normally a great day out

Kodiak
18-Jun-10, 18:43
Can anyone confirm the opening time for the Canisbay Show as the first post says it is at 1PM but in the Whats on in Caithness it says that it opens at 9AM. Here is the link that says 9AM.

http://whatson.caithness.org/event.php?id=10970

So which is the correct time?

sinclairbay
18-Jun-10, 20:05
as far as I know it will be open from 9am for stock judging etc..although official opening at 1.
you are welcome to come along in the morning

flint
18-Jun-10, 22:35
Is there any public transport leaving Wick on Saturday for the Canisbay show ??????? & return at the end ??

farmer
18-Jun-10, 22:55
There will be folk on the field tomorrow morning from 8am, if not earlier.

Judging starts at 9am for horses, and 10am for other livestock, industrial classes etc. Anyone who is interested in watching the animal judging is very welcome to come along in the morning.

The official opening of the show is at 1am, and after that time all the stalls, attractions etc open.

It is upto each individual when they wish to arrive - it really depends what you are interested in seeing.

Hope that helps.

farmer
18-Jun-10, 22:59
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/GetUpload.ashx?Id=5127

No special busses will be put on for the show, only normal service busses i'm afraid.

Try the link above.

Hope this helps.

horseman
18-Jun-10, 23:05
I do I do wish I could be there.:) Have a great day.:)

farmer
19-Jun-10, 07:45
Thanks Horseman!

dragonfly
20-Jun-10, 09:50
Well it was dry but a bit nippy with the wind - pity you couldn't have organised warmer weather Farmer ;)

bought some lovely plants, dogs won in a couple of categories in the dog show, hopefully win something in one of the raffles!

donnick
20-Jun-10, 10:24
it was a pity the weather wasnt better FREEZZZIIINNNGGGG but we all had a great time

froal
20-Jun-10, 20:47
We had a nice time at the show haven't been for a few years but the kids won classes with my dogs so were very happy to come back with some Rossettes...!!!:D
It was a long wait and cold the joy's :D

mrs_inkstack
21-Jun-10, 00:40
Think everyone enjoyed themselves, know that we did :D

divanp75
21-Jun-10, 11:26
Great day, shame about the cold wind but No rain which is always a plus.

Diane

Loraine
21-Jun-10, 12:59
Yes, it was FREEEZING!!! [disgust] Went to watch the horses and stood next to the rings for an hour or so before we gave up and sat in the car!! But still a decent turn-out and at least it wasn't raining! :D