PDA

View Full Version : caithness honey

sweep
19-Jun-06, 10:26
does anyone know where i can buy caithness honey locally?

ice box
19-Jun-06, 10:30
Try the farmers market on a Saturday in the market square wick I'm sure I've seen it there .

connieb19
19-Jun-06, 10:36
Or maybe try the butchers or fish shop..:)

janette
19-Jun-06, 12:12

The honey flow was poor in 2005 and there is not a lot of it about now. I will send you a pm to let you know who may have just now.

unicorn
19-Jun-06, 12:19
lots of local things seem hard to get I was trying to get duck eggs but it seems awful hard to get any on the Thurso side?? went to Bews butchers and they said they sell as fast as they come in.......

Skerries
19-Jun-06, 18:28
The fish shop at Thurso harbour used to stock Caithness honey, and local cheeses from Caithness and Orkney. I'm not sure what they have in stock at the moment though.

htwood
19-Jun-06, 19:23
Several folk in Halkirk sell local honey, you could ask in the shop. Someone on Bridge St had a wee sign in his window, have a drive by and see. Also Castle of Mey sells their own but its rather dear.

and YES I've changed my footie flag.

janette
19-Jun-06, 20:01
As in my previous post, Caithness had a poor honey flow in 2005 and there is none left. New seasons honey will be ready around August/September.

If the weather is poor, the bees cannot produce honey.

Fran
19-Jun-06, 21:24
One of the ambulancemen does honey, he's quite famed for it. Send me a pm and i will send you his details.

Moira
19-Jun-06, 22:02
One of the ambulancemen does honey, he's quite famed for it. Send me a pm and i will send you his details.

My Goodness Fran - I knew that paramedics were multi-skilled & multi-disciplined but I'd no idea they "did" honey too. Hope you get lots of orders.

angela5
19-Jun-06, 22:05

I did not realise he still did this, he's been doing that for well over 20 years then.:D