PDA

View Full Version : Wetherspoons rules

BRIE
09-Jun-10, 14:11
My son & 2 of his friends decided to make their regular trip to Wetherspoons(Inverness) this morning for their breakfast, On going up to order they were asked for ID ,none of them had it on them(their all over 18) so the were refused service! can I just point out this was 9am & no alchol was being purchased just food. Is there some strange rule that Wetherspoons have that were unaware of? or has anyone else had this problem? My son goes in quite regular & has never had this problem before!:confused

ŠAmethyst
09-Jun-10, 14:58
I was in Weatherspoons (Inverness) a few weeks ago with a friend, went to the bar to order a meal and was asked for ID. My friend was a bit shocked as I my drink of choice was a J2O. Thankfully I always have my ID on hand as I seem to look much younger than I actually am.

It would seem that anyone ordering at the bar has to be 18 or over, whether or not alcohol is being purchased.

grandma
09-Jun-10, 15:34
But the bar is the only place you can order :confused or is that only in Wick?

ŠAmethyst
09-Jun-10, 15:56
It's the only place you can order in Inverness, too. That was the explanation given to me when I was asked for ID. Seems like a silly 'rule' to me unless there's some kind of legislation enforcing it (I don't know much about the laws when it comes to this, just that I'm legally old enough to drink at a bar lol).

BRIE
09-Jun-10, 19:12
wonder why they promote that over 16 are allowed in without an adult then.:confused

debs
09-Jun-10, 19:40
wonder why they promote that over 16 are allowed in without an adult then.:confused

where do u see that?

BRIE
09-Jun-10, 19:52
It was in wetherspoons, saw it a while ago so it could of changed I suppose.

upolian
09-Jun-10, 20:24
Tescos breakfast is better anyway :)

Kodiak
09-Jun-10, 20:56
No one can order Anything from a Bar under the age of 18. Back in the early 90's I worked in the the Public Bar in John O'Groats House Hotel and I was told it was the Law that no one under the age of 18 was allowed to approach the Bar let alone order anything. Children were allowed in the Bar but thay had to stay away from the Bar Counter and sit at one of the tables.

ŠAmethyst
09-Jun-10, 22:05
I think it might be the same still. I was in Johnny Foxes over a year ago with some friends. We were sitting at the bar after lunch (I had a diet coke in hand) - the bar man comes over, pulls me aside and asks me to stay away from the bar. Didn't even ask for ID or anything! lol

He squirmed when I told him that I didn't need to stay away from the bar as I was a number of years over 18 and shoved my ID in his face :D